All Things Sephora

elegant-one

OK I know this isnt sephora but I don't know where else to post, lol! Tatcha has a limited edition lipstick for sale on their website and I just received it in the mail and it is GORGEOUS! Such a perfect soft pink, and the lipstick quality is to die for! You should check it out!

I just bought it!!!! Thanks for posting your thoughts on it. The casing looks amazing too. It looks soooo pretty. :yay:

hitchcockblonde

I feel incredibly lucky that over the years I've had virtually no problems with Sephora but unfortunately 2016 has not gotten off to a great start with them. I ordered the Christian Louboutin Hawaii Kawaii set in the white box on Jan 29, but received the black one Feb 1. So I called and they placed another order for me and I was asked to send the black box back. So I receive the second order the 3rd and it is the set in the black box again (I just want Batignolles dammit!). I call and they say that I just need to return that one too and they have to check with the warehouse to see if there is a problem there, so only a refund for me and they will supposedly let me know when the issue is resolved (too late for them now, ordered the white box with 20% off at Saks on Tuesday) and said they would give me 100 points for my trouble. This past weekend I finally got around to playing with the products in my Give Me Some Nude Lip and Kevyn Aucoin sets. Well the Nars Dolce Vita lipstick in the first set smells rank, like absolutely rotten. I got out my Roman Holiday lipstick from about six years ago and it still smells fine. I tried to use the mascara in the KA set and it is almost completely dried out. I'm not sure how wet that mascara is supposed to be but I cannot imagine it is meant to be this dry and clumpy. I am frustrated but shrug it off, the nude lip set is now out of stock and I don't want to return mine because I want to keep the rest of the lip products in it and the mascara wasn't what I was looking forward to in the KA set so whatever. Well today I check my account and I still don't have that promised 100 points and I thought that returns wouldn't effect your point balance or year to date spend balance but apparently that is complete BS because the points for the CL set were taken out of my balance and my year to date spend balance went back down too. For some reason this really set me off. I know this is long and rambling and I wouldn't blame anyone for not reading it but damn I do not know what to do. Is it even worth it to call and make a stink, especially about the stinky lipstick?

GreenEyedAllie

I feel incredibly lucky that over the years I've had virtually no problems with Sephora but unfortunately 2016 has not gotten off to a great start with them. I ordered the Christian Louboutin Hawaii Kawaii set in the white box on Jan 29, but received the black one Feb 1. So I called and they placed another order for me and I was asked to send the black box back. So I receive the second order the 3rd and it is the set in the black box again (I just want Batignolles dammit!). I call and they say that I just need to return that one too and they have to check with the warehouse to see if there is a problem there, so only a refund for me and they will supposedly let me know when the issue is resolved (too late for them now, ordered the white box with 20% off at Saks on Tuesday) and said they would give me 100 points for my trouble. This past weekend I finally got around to playing with the products in my Give Me Some Nude Lip and Kevyn Aucoin sets. Well the Nars Dolce Vita lipstick in the first set smells rank, like absolutely rotten. I got out my Roman Holiday lipstick from about six years ago and it still smells fine. I tried to use the mascara in the KA set and it is almost completely dried out. I'm not sure how wet that mascara is supposed to be but I cannot imagine it is meant to be this dry and clumpy. I am frustrated but shrug it off, the nude lip set is now out of stock and I don't want to return mine because I want to keep the rest of the lip products in it and the mascara wasn't what I was looking forward to in the KA set so whatever. Well today I check my account and I still don't have that promised 100 points and I thought that returns wouldn't effect your point balance or year to date spend balance but apparently that is complete BS because the points for the CL set were taken out of my balance and my year to date spend balance went back down too. For some reason this really set me off. I know this is long and rambling and I wouldn't blame anyone for not reading it but damn I do not know what to do. Is it even worth it to call and make a stink, especially about the stinky lipstick?

I'm so sorry! That sucks. Big time.

I will say they always deduct for any returns I've done. I had no idea they weren't supposed to.

Shars

I'm so sorry! That sucks. Big time.

I will say they always deduct for any returns I've done. I had no idea they weren't supposed to.

They've always deducted for my returns also. I will say that once, I paid for one day shipping and it didn't get there in one day. So I called and demanded they refund the cost of shipping I paid for and the bastards deducted 5 points from my balance. Instead of processing it as a charge refund, the CS rep processed it as a product refund. I didn't think it was worth it to call about 5 points lol.

AnneAntz

ladies, Viseart on sale on Frends beauty. However, I singed up for frends with benefits as it suggest will get 10% off from all order. But I dont see it shows up. I want to buy 2 pallets 10% off will help me not feel that guilty to get 2. TIA

fur4elise

ladies, Viseart on sale on Frends beauty. However, I singed up for frends with benefits as it suggest will get 10% off from all order. But I dont see it shows up. I want to buy 2 pallets 10% off will help me not feel that guilty to get 2. TIA

Oooh great sale! Sultry Muse or Paris Nudes may trump the Natasha Denona quint palettes I've been eyeballing! 5 shades
($48.00) versus 12 ($59.99)! More bang for the buck! :D

Did find the fine print on why the extra 10% would not be applied:

"* Up to 10% off, subject to change and cancellation without notice. Discounts and offers cannot be combined unless otherwise noted. Not combinable with other offers, promotions or sales." Boo! :(

fur4elise

I feel incredibly lucky that over the years I've had virtually no problems with Sephora but unfortunately 2016 has not gotten off to a great start with them... Is it even worth it to call and make a stink, especially about the stinky lipstick?

UGH!
Bummer! There are times all the the little things add up and you cannot shrug it off any longer. I would call...at least you'd get to vent and most likely get your lipstick exchanged.

AnneAntz

Oooh great sale! Sultry Muse or Paris Nudes may trump the Natasha Denona quint palettes I've been eyeballing! 5 shades
($48.00) versus 12 ($59.99)! More bang for the buck! :D

Did find the fine print on why the extra 10% would not be applied:

"* Up to 10% off, subject to change and cancellation without notice. Discounts and offers cannot be combined unless otherwise noted. Not combinable with other offers, promotions or sales." Boo! :(

Thank you! which one should I get between Sultry Muse or Paris Nudes? I have KVD shade n light matte eyeshadow palette, but I want the viseart 01 matte smh. Should i get it? Do you think they are different enough LOL

elegant-one

YES!!! It's ALWAYS worth it when you have had that happen!!! :bat: Let them know that this is absolutely unacceptable & not your fault so make it right or else....LOLOL...it's always worked for me ;) I hope you can get some help dear.

Bronwyn

Didn't buy anything for quite a while but recently picked up the pink Dior highlighter from the garden collection. It was the last one at my local so I "had to". Also, ordered the white Burberry highlighter so pretty stoked about that as well.

elegant-one

I got the white Burberry highlighter today. It is very very pretty! The design & cover vellum packaging is really pretty. It is much more shimmery than the new lovely Chanel Perles highlighter which looks more natural/skin enhancing on me. I'm happy to have both.

GreenEyedAllie

I got the white Burberry highlighter today. It is very very pretty! The design & cover vellum packaging is really pretty. It is much more shimmery than the new lovely Chanel Perles highlighter which looks more natural/skin enhancing on me. I'm happy to have both.

Mine came, too! I haven't opened it yet because I'm feeling really sick and am in bed.

Latest posts