MAC Eye Shadow x 15 Palettes

markeesi

Interestingly, in Dublin Ireland these were 75 euros per palette. Can't believe the price differences within EU.

beautycool

Hi I got one ages ago and it was 65.00 UK pounds Not bad considering it's worth more x The lady said 100 and something if you bought them single

smileyt06

b6ae68d0_image.jpeg
My mom surprised me. I showed her on the site I wanted the cool palette and she got it. I love her. Here is a look I did with it.

virgochick

Beautiful look with the cool palette. That's the palette I'd choose for myself although the warm palette is beautiful too

mango13

I've been thinking about getting the warm neutral palette since it came out. I really want to get it since I only own Amber Lights... but I've read some negative reviews about it having a few dry and less pigmented eyeshadows and I can't add another Deep Fixation(super dry with lots of fall out). I had a chance to swatch some of the palette a few months ago and the shades that I swatched were very smooth and pigmented (about seven of them). I have 22 single MAC shadows, 3 MAC quads, 2 Dior quints, 1 dior single, 1 Estee Launder quint and the Naked 3... so I have a decent amount of shadows, but I rotate through all of them on a regular basis. So I'm in a complete dilemma, I don't want to add something that has so-so quality and gets neglected. I'm also trying to consider future 2015 MAC releases...what if they add a 15x Extra Dimension palette or better offerings from other brands. I know this is permanent so I can buy it anytime, I've just been thinking about the possibility of a price increase as well in the near future... so idk...

If you have the palette do you still use it regularly or is being overshadowed by something else? Do you find the quality comparable to the permanent shades, like Amber Lights?

Sorry for the long post!

ginestra213

I love the palette. I think the quality on all the shadows is very decent, minus one: Dance in the Dark. It's weird, I find it just doesn't always apply evenly. But other than that, I use at least one shade from it every day.

dancewithme

I got my warm palette quite some time ago now, and I have to say that it's gotten plenty of use. I haven't hit pan on anything, but when I'm going away for a few days it's easy to throw in my makeup bag and I know that I can use it with either a bold or neutral lip - I can easily pack for a week away with this and a nude, orange and red lipstick and be good to go!

tirurit

I was very interested in these palettes when they came out, but personally I've sworn off premade palettes!

In the new extra big z palette I can fit 35 mac eyeshadows, both the permanent ones (with the attached magnet) and the limited edition ones (with the z-palette sticker thingies) adhere to it and I can move around or organize them however I want. Plus I have a small zpalette where I can fit a few eyeshadows and a blush if I am travelling.

So I bet that it depends on what you would use and your preferences. Me? No way!

MRV

I have the warm palette. I have not used every shade yet, and the ones I have used I have no complains about. Since I have so much stuff none of my eyeshadows/blushes/lippies are actually used regularly or overshadowed, so I can't comment about that. Regardless, I think it's a good purchase.

mango13

I love the palette. I think the quality on all the shadows is very decent, minus one: Dance in the Dark. It's weird, I find it just doesn't always apply evenly. But other than that, I use at least one shade from it every day.
Do you have a problem with Dance in the Dark applying as a lid color or as a crease color or both? I was just going to use it a crease color... so one out of 15 isn't so bad, but I wish MAC would have made all the shades the same quality.

Latest posts