Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 2014 Eye Collection

Medgal07

http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-tisse-camelia-202-les-4-ombres-eyeshadow-quad-review-photos-swatches#more-169951
Love the quad but can't say I'm a fan of T's e/s application skills. I would never be compelled to purchase an item because of how it looks on her,
because I don't think we're seeing the product to its full capacity.

shontay07108

[COLOR=0000FF]  Love the quad but can't say I'm a fan of T's e/s  application skills.  I would never be compelled to purchase an item because of how it looks on her,[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  because I don't think we're seeing the product to its full capacity. [/COLOR]
Girl, that's an understatement. I appreciate her blog greatly, but I've ranted before about her eyeshadow application. Thinking back, though way back when she used to apply shadow like a normal person some of her readers would freak out. A strange bunch they are. That's why she stopped doing FOTD's because people picked apart all the colors she used. She should just cut it out completely because it looks like she goes swimming before every shot. Completely washed out. :yuck:

Medgal07

Girl, that's an understatement. I appreciate her blog greatly, but I've ranted before about her eyeshadow application. Thinking back, though way back when she used to apply shadow like a normal person some of her readers would freak out. A strange bunch they are. That's why she stopped doing FOTD's because people picked apart all the colors she used. She should just cut it out completely because it looks like she goes swimming before every shot. Completely washed out.
yucky.gif
werd.gif
My aha moment was when I was going to pass on an E/S quad because she pretty much canned it, and did an eye look with the quad that was pretty dismal.
Then I saw the same products on someone else and it was like night and day. What she should do is let someone with MU skills present the swatches---might even
alter her view of some of the products because she isn't using or demonstrating them to their full potential.

Like you and many others, I appreciate her blog but face it, she's an attorney-----I doubt she would present a case in court in a half-assed manner. She should look
at these products the same way and represent them in kind. Just saying!

Medgal07

I'm so sick of these quads! I just ordered Tissé Camélia. For me, they have become the Lays Potato Chips of eyeshadow quads
icon_eek.gif

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF] Well, there are 8 quads.  I have 5 of them plus Poésie:shock:   Someone slap me if I even mention buying another one!!![/COLOR]
Well, I am awful. When you mentioned the Lays I thought, well, it's not so bad if you have the money, at least there aren't a dozen or so like YSL lol Will Camelia complete the collection? :) There will probably be an overlap in colours so I'm sure the others can wait. Staying positive, here lol (I am here already thinking of the next YSL palette I want lol)

Medgal07

(I am here already thinking of the next YSL palette I want lol)
girlhaha.gif
Tissé Camélia will complete my spending for a minute! Now it's time to start enjoying them. I haven't even worn all of them, or the YSLs
that I purchased other than Fétiche and Blues Lumiére. I have some catching up to do.
Which YSL palette are you considering?

elegant-one

Well, there are 8 quads. I have 5 of them plus Poésie
icon_eek.gif
Someone slap me if I even mention buying another one!!!
girlhaha.gif
girlhaha.gif
girlhaha.gif
lecture.gif
<------------------------------- well, there's a slapping smiley friend
lol.gif

But I thinking adding to your makeup collection is just fine
kissy.gif

awickedshape

:haha:  [COLOR=0000FF]Tissé[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Camélia will complete my spending for a minute!  Now it's time to start enjoying them.  I haven't even worn all of them, or the YSLs [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]              that I purchased other than Fétiche and Blues Lumiére.  I have some catching up to do.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]              Which YSL palette are you considering?[/COLOR]
Can't wait for you to start playing with them! The only other YSL palette that would be practical for the way I'm cultivating my stash right now is No.9, but I'm trying to be patient and see if there isn't a better option for those colours. I still haven't created my MAC eyeshadow palette yet. So I'm taking my time as these things were supposed to be on my year-end list, not for now, I jumped the gun lol I still haven't touched Fétiche, only opened it up and looked at it :-/ I will try to use it at work next week.

Medgal07

Was this mentioned before? I just saw this info on Best Things in Beauty about the applicators. Anyone try them?

Best Things in Beauty: Update on Chanel's Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect Quadra Eyeshadows
I think it was mentioned in an earlier post. Frankly, I find those little applicators cumbersome & annoying.
if Chanel thought a velour brush was best to use, they should have made a full sized one for purchase with the
palettes. I would have gotten one! Any excuse to buy a new brush!!!

girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

I will try to use it at work next week.
YSL Couture Palette Couleurs Babay Doll Nude 09 is a GREAT choice. It's such a unique combination of
colors. I customized eleven MAC 15 eyeshadow palettes. I collected the popular shadows---the "must-haves"
in every color family and I rarely reach for them now. I've started amassing ready-made palettes because I don't
have to think about putting colors together---it's done for me. I just don't have the creative eye-look gene.

Take Fétiche for example---I would never in a million years have thought to put those shades together, yet they
make the most amazing smokey eye ever!

LivN

I'm so sick of these quads! I just ordered Tissé Camélia. For me, they have become the Lays Potato Chips of eyeshadow quads
icon_eek.gif
Yey I hope you'll like it! I adore top left shade and the bottom right, but the whole palette is stunning.

I'm not a fan of sponge applicators normally but I do find these useful for a quick application. They transfer the pigment very well.

Medgal07

Yey I hope you'll like it! I adore top left shade and the bottom right, but the whole palette is stunning.

I'm not a fan of sponge applicators normally but I do find these useful for a quick application. They transfer the pigment very well.
Oh I'm sure I will and I can't wait for it to arrive---the bottom right really got me going---I love rich berry-brown shades like that. Do you find the bottom left shade very
pigmented? I would like for it to show as pink & vibrant as it looks on photos. So far I've not had any problems applying the shadows with my regular brushes.

elegant-one

I saw & swatched all of them today.

Camelia & Rivoli were my favorites. Camelia may be a must have. The shades were beautiful & very pigmented. It was probably the very swatched displays, but some of them did not swatch well or didn't seem to be very pigmented. It was overwhelming looking at all that Chanel es beauty in all those shades.

Medgal07

I saw & swatched all of them today.

Camelia & Rivoli were my favorites. Camelia may be a must have. The shades were beautiful & very pigmented. It was probably the very swatched displays, but some of them did not swatch well or didn't seem to be very pigmented. It was overwhelming looking at all that Chanel es beauty in all those shades.
OMG---my head would have been spinning just trying to keep them all straight . I love that you keep confirming my choices.
yahoo.gif

I've already worn Rivoli, and I ordered Carmelia yesterday. I have absolutely no willpower
thud.gif

Latest posts