Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 2014 Eye Collection

Winthrop44

I am very confused about the new quads.
They have 2 g of product, which is less than what the powder quads have (6g)
and more than what baked quads have (1.2 g)

SA tells me these are not baked and therefore can't be used wet.
On the other hand my gut feeling tells me these are still baked with a improved formula, someone said they are a "hybrid" formula between baked and powder.

One more thing that confuses me is that, Jardin Zen Quad, which was declared to be baked, has also 2 g of product. I used that one wet and it worked better than using dry (I like intense application).

Any kind of insight is welcome.:)
I was just looking at Topkapi and Harmonie du Soir and they are also in between the powder and baked quads in terms of weight (4g), and are made in Italy like these new quads. I think that seems encouraging since those 2 quads were really nice.

Dragonetta

[COLOR=0000FF]Thanks Anneri!  Tissé Mademoiselle is one of the two that I planned to buy but it's so, so dupable.  I might have to rethink things and this is helping that process.[/COLOR]
Today I was swatching them (AGAIN :p) and in fact that was exactly what I was thinking, all of the palettew are very dupeable and not very special, especially the onee with more neutral shades. I decided to pass on them for now and wait for more special eyeshadow palettes from LE's.

Dominique33

Dominique....how would you describe the colors in Gabrielle? They seem to have different undertones depending on the photos I've seen.
http://mostlysunnyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Chanel-Tissé-Gabrielle-Les-4-Ombres-208-swatch.jpg

Source : Mostly Sunny

I found swatches on Sunny's blog. Hope this is useful.

Medgal07

I feel like it's so similar to kaska beige.. I might like kaska a bit more.. lol TY Anneri
heart.gif
Yes. I need to take another look & select another one.

LivN

More swatches

http://www.bellachique.be/2014/03/tuesday-swatchorama-with-chanel-les-4-ombres/

Tissé Gabrielle 208 is beautiful. But all the shades look metallic to me, I hope the finish is exaggerated on the photos.

MissGlamour

Any word as to when these will be released in the US? Also, does the release of these 9 mean the existing collection (Prelude, Mystic Eyes, Eclosion, et al) of quads will be phased out?

Anneri

I had the opportunity to swatch Gabrielle today. The e/s feel really silky and smooth and three of the four shades have a heavy shine. No glitter, they feel a bit like the old mac starflash formula. The fourth shade feels like a satin. Sorry the pics are a bit blurry but were the best I could do. First one in artificial light, second outdoors.
1c9fda39_image.jpeg
45086d3d_image.jpeg
I'll go back to the store either tomorrow or the day after that - if you want me to swatch any quad just give me a shout!

Medgal07

I'll go back to the store either tomorrow or the day after that - if you want me to swatch any quad just give me a shout!
wavey.gif
Hello & thanks Anneri! This will definitely help in my selection process. Still undecided at this point!
sigh.gif

LivN

I've swatched them as well today, I loved #202 Tisse Camelia and #208 Tisse Gabrielle. #202 has such a beautiful muted lavender shade with a satin finish (top left). The darkest shades are mostly matte, the one in #202 has a subtle shimmer and the colour is beautiful, plummy-brown. I've liked them more then I expected. #226 Tisse Rivoli also caught my eye.

Winthrop44

Anneri, any chance you could maybe swatch #202 Camelia and #226 Rivoli that LivN liked? They also look very nice to me in the promo pics & descriptions at the link posted by Jayded_Dreams.

Winthrop44

Sara just posted a wonderful review with swatches on her blog:

http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/03/chanel-les-4-ombres-collection-for.html

User38

lol.. Chanel has been very boring and repetitive with their colour palettes recently.. tisk tisk

Latest posts