Good shampoo and conditioner for dry scalp and hair?

I have a lot of scalp issues. Dryness, itchiness, and dandruff (because of the dryness and itchiness). I keep trying to find a good shampoo and conditioner combo. that'll work well with this, but no luck so far. My hair is also color treated (I dye it red). I'd love to know what some of you use in your hair.

BreeMakeupGeek

I love this peppermint shampoo by Eden & they have a peppermint oil spray that I pour into a bottle with a nozzle tip so I can apply it precisely to my scalp products are sold @ Sally's. For conditioner I use a hot oil treatment. HTH :)

damagedmassacre

Sebastian products are amazing you gotta have a beauty license to get it at the beauty supply store or a really awesome stylist that'll pick it up for u. But also I've noticed fragrance.net sells it.

ptam1

I suggest the Julien Farel Haircare line! I've recently tried their products at their salon in NYC and my scalp has been loving the hydration from their products. The haircare line uses this A2B Technology that is anti-aging and restores your hair to your virgin hair. Their shampoos and conditioners are ultra-hydrating, their shampoo is even called Hydrate! However, since I have colored hair too, I use the JF Vitamin line. The Vitamin products are for color-treated hair. I like to use their Vitamin Restore product because I had recently colored my hair and I found that my hair was beginning to look dry and feel unmanageable. So, I was on the lookout for a new hair product that would help my hair feel soft again, even after coloring it! My colorist suggested I use Vitamin Restore in my hair to help my hair color stay vibrate and hydrated at the same time. The Restore line is supposed to be applied directly to the scalp and hairlines and massaged throughout. This was weird for me at first, but then I realized that its my scalp that needs the most nutrition and hydration in order for my hair to come out shinier and not dry looking. After washing the product out, I looked at my hair, and it looked shinier already. After blow-drying, my hair was silky soft when I ran my hands through it and it was not tangled or dry feeling at all. Following the directions, I now use the Vitamin Restore once every week, replacing my shampoo and conditioner, since its a cleansing and treatment product. I highly recommend it for anyone wanting to bring hydration back to their colored hair! I currently purchase the products from their salon in NYC, but if you're not located in NY, I believe the products are on Amazon.com or Dermstore.com

Kathniss08

Apple cider vinegar with mint can be a good conditioner for your hair. Mints will leave your scalp cool while apple cider vinegar will leave your scalp clean. It is better if we use natural products in our hair and body.

MeJaneYouTarzan

I'm personally allergic to mint. :( I also dye my hair and I used to have a really itchy scalp, but what I found helped (more than any particular product) was washing my hair less. I only wash every other day now and my itchiness is totally gone, and my dry hair looks a lot healthier. There is a transition period of a couple weeks where your hair may look a little oily as your scalp adjusts to less frequent washing, but it's been so worth it! Plus I save a lot of time on non-wash days, and my dye lasts longer.

MeJaneYouTarzan

I'll also add that another thing that helps if you switch to less-frequent washing is to only put conditioner on the middle/ends of your hair, not at the scalp, to cut down oiliness.

Kathniss08

That is right we can also have some allergy with natural ingredients but the allergic reaction is lesser than that of synthetic. Natural ingredients are very mild and gentle to our skin and to our overall health.

oliviajames

I will also add that another thing that helps if you switch to less frequent washing is to only put conditioner on the middle or ends of your hair, not at the scalp, to cut down oiliness. I will suggest you to use DOVE.

Lin1018

I have a lot of scalp issues. Dryness, itchiness, and dandruff (because of the dryness and itchiness). I keep trying to find a good shampoo and conditioner combo. that'll work well with this, but no luck so far. My hair is also color treated (I dye it red). I'd love to know what some of you use in your hair.
I use Australian Tea Tree Deep Cleansing Shampoo and Conditioner from Amazon alongside Pro Naturals Hair Repair System