GUCCI Makeup

Haven

@Haven are you going to get any?

Yes but I am waiting for more swatches to pop up. Plus my wallet is still recovering from the Sephora sale and surprise colourpop sale.

The problem is that I want too many of them, and I need to show some restraint.

Sugar & Spice

Yes but I am waiting for more swatches to pop up. Plus my wallet is still recovering from the Sephora sale and surprise colourpop sale.

The problem is that I want too many of them, and I need to show some restraint.

It's pretty easy for me to show restraint because I love my CL lipsticks and I'm not buying any colors that are similar to the CLs I have, plus there are only certain colors I like in a matter formula so that helps as well. Which only leave 2 possibilities for me, well I know I'm getting Firery Fushia but I have to wait and see how Ginger Rose looks on me.

MissTania

Lol, they are weird kids. Louise is my girl.

I love a good sale. Feels so good to not pay retail lol

Lol, well it just means more money leftover to buy more things! Ginger Rose was successfully cancelled, and they let me keep the NM GWP (with a $100/+ spend) and the Gucci GWP with a $125/+ spend). My order came to $90 after the cancellation. That was really nice of them!

I love them all, especially Linda and Tina - did you watch 30 Rock? I recently realised the same actress voices Louise and played Hazel in 30 Rock (who was hilarious and zany!)

Thank you for posting this. I didn't see her post until this morning.

You're welcome. Elegant has always been so helpful and generous with her swatches, couldn't leave her hanging!

awickedshape

Lol, well it just means more money leftover to buy more things! Ginger Rose was successfully cancelled, and they let me keep the NM GWP (with a $100/+ spend) and the Gucci GWP with a $125/+ spend). My order came to $90 after the cancellation. That was really nice of them!

I love them all, especially Linda and Tina - did you watch 30 Rock? I recently realised the same actress voices Louise and played Hazel in 30 Rock (who was hilarious and zany!)

You're welcome. Elegant has always been so helpful and generous with her swatches, couldn't leave her hanging!

That's great about the gwp!

Yes I loved 30 Rock!!
Alec Baldwin is excellent with comedy, I loved his SNL episodes
And Tina Fey on Weekend Update!
Kristen Schall is also on Last Man on Earth on Fox

Sugar & Spice

I got my lippies! #230 Blossom & #270 Fiery Fuchsia.

I don't know why I thought Blossom was like CL Belly Bloom because when I pulled out Belly Bloom, it's nothing like it. Blossom looks just like the swatch in the instagram post a reddish orange with a cool undertone.

Fiery Fuchsia is a red fuchsia which I already knew what to expect since I had it in the original formula, however I like the matte version better for me. Now I just have to make sure my friend doesn't "borrow" it then ask can she have it like what happened with my first fiery fuchsia lipstick.

Ginger Rose is really pretty, a tangerine orange that a lot of people are rocking right now however it didn't look good on me which I knew it wouldn't once I saw it in the tube. Blossom is my perfect orange.

The matte texture feels okay, I'm spoiled by CL mattes and nothing compares to them. Gucci mattes are a little waxy compared to CL mattes. With CL mattes I don't feel anything but Gucci mattes does have that lipstick feel to them. Also I don't like the shape of the tip of the lipsticks, for a matte texture I think the lipstick should have a point for precision which is important for mattes. If it was a glossy texture, the roundness wouldn't really matter as that texture is fairly easy to apply but maybe they want you will use a lip brush to apply which I don't use lip brushes. Also using a lip brush would probably smooth out the waxy feeling since you would build up to the coverage you want which would prevent a waxy/heavy application straight from the tube.

Overall they're okay but I think my expectations are extremely high due to CL.

MissTania

That's great about the gwp!

Yes I loved 30 Rock!!
Alec Baldwin is excellent with comedy, I loved his SNL episodes
And Tina Fey on Weekend Update!
Kristen Schall is also on Last Man on Earth on Fox

I will have to look these last 2 up!

Just when we think we're safe, Urban Decay is about to launch a huge range of lipsticks, and more lip liners - are you interested in this launch? I have seen quite a few I like so far based on T's swatches.

I got my lippies! #230 Blossom & #270 Fiery Fuchsia.

I don't know why I thought Blossom was like CL Belly Bloom because when I pulled out Belly Bloom, it's nothing like it. Blossom looks just like the swatch in the instagram post a reddish orange with a cool undertone.

Fiery Fuchsia is a red fuchsia which I already knew what to expect since I had it in the original formula, however I like the matte version better for me. Now I just have to make sure my friend doesn't "borrow" it then ask can she have it like what happened with my first fiery fuchsia lipstick.

Ginger Rose is really pretty, a tangerine orange that a lot of people are rocking right now however it didn't look good on me which I knew it wouldn't once I saw it in the tube. Blossom is my perfect orange.

The matte texture feels okay, I'm spoiled by CL mattes and nothing compares to them. Gucci mattes are a little waxy compared to CL mattes. With CL mattes I don't feel anything but Gucci mattes does have that lipstick feel to them. Also I don't like the shape of the tip of the lipsticks, for a matte texture I think the lipstick should have a point for precision which is important for mattes. If it was a glossy texture, the roundness wouldn't really matter as that texture is fairly easy to apply but maybe they want you will use a lip brush to apply which I don't use lip brushes. Also using a lip brush would probably smooth out the waxy feeling since you would build up to the coverage you want which would prevent a waxy/heavy application straight from the tube.

Overall they're okay but I think my expectations are extremely high due to CL.

Glad to hear Blossom was a winner! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I haven't ordered a CL lipstick yet, with the status of the Aussie dollar, it's just too much to pay I feel. If all goes to plan, I should have my Gucci lipstick in 1-1.5 weeks.

awickedshape

I will have to look these last 2 up!

Just when we think we're safe, Urban Decay is about to launch a huge range of lipsticks, and more lip liners - are you interested in this launch? I have seen quite a few I like so far based on T's swatches.

Glad to hear Blossom was a winner! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I haven't ordered a CL lipstick yet, with the status of the Aussie dollar, it's just too much to pay I feel. If all goes to plan, I should have my Gucci lipstick in 1-1.5 weeks.

Weekend Update used to be my favorite part of SNL!

I'm playing it cool with UD lol
And Ebates at some stores will be 15% tomorrow, have mercy lol

MissTania

Weekend Update used to be my favorite part of SNL!

I'm playing it cool with UD lol
And Ebates at some stores will be 15% tomorrow, have mercy lol

I never watched SNL myself, just a few skits on youtube.

Luckily I only like about 6 of the UD lippies thus far, and hopefully they won't launch here too soon lol.

Did you utilise the 15% ebates cashback? My US Haul was complete by that point and I didn't really need anything further. My Haul is about a week away.

awickedshape

I never watched SNL myself, just a few skits on youtube.

Luckily I only like about 6 of the UD lippies thus far, and hopefully they won't launch here too soon lol.

Did you utilise the 15% ebates cashback? My US Haul was complete by that point and I didn't really need anything further. My Haul is about a week away.

Hi
Yay, haulage! Lol
I've been eyeing Tuscan Storm and Crystal Copper for a long time and decided to get CCB with 20% from Saks :rolleyes:
Weak lol

awickedshape

Gucci Crystal Copper eyeshadow quad

With and without flash

PhotoGrid_1463516908873.jpg

Crystal Copper on top (excluding the darkest shade) and my beloved Burberry Gold No. 25 (excluding eyeshadow #3) below

PhotoGrid_1463517078811.jpg

Last edited:

MissTania

Hi
Yay, haulage! Lol
I've been eyeing Tuscan Storm and Crystal Copper for a long time and decided to get CCB with 20% from Saks :rolleyes:
Weak lol

Crystal Copper is lovely on you!

I got my haul, love the lippie it is so smooth and Nude Freesia Blush is a gorgeous rosy pink. I think I will get more of the lipsticks in the coming months/hauls!

elegant-one

Hey ya'll!!! Are you guys talking about the Sensuous Deep matte Lipsticks?

I got 210 Spring Rose with a NM $50 gift card & I hate hate it on me :rofl:The shade looks so lovely in the tube almost like a slight brown rose nude - ack, it turns a yellow toned sickly grey nude on me. Haven - almost like Kylie Exposed. So I call NM & they just credited me back the $40 & then sent me out shade 220 Exposure - FOR $20 - what! Yep that's what they did :icon_cheers::icon_cheers::icon_cheers: I hope I like that shade. There are so few swatches of these.
[h=1][/h]
So I got

awickedshape

Crystal Copper is lovely on you!

I got my haul, love the lippie it is so smooth and Nude Freesia Blush is a gorgeous rosy pink. I think I will get more of the lipsticks in the coming months/hauls!

Thank you!!
I'm so happy about your haul!!

I got 210 Spring Rose with a NM $50 gift card & I hate hate it on me :rofl:The shade looks so lovely in the tube almost like a slight brown rose nude - ack, it turns a yellow toned sickly grey nude on me. Haven - almost like Kylie Exposed. So I call NM & they just credited me back the $40 & then sent me out shade 220 Exposure - FOR $20 - what! Yep that's what they did :icon_cheers::icon_cheers::icon_cheers: I hope I like that shade. There are so few swatches of these.
[h=1][/h]
So I got

Oh no!
Well I'm so glad you got it exchanged!

Haven

So I got

Happy that they credited you and sent you a replacement. Hopefully 220 is beautiful. Kylie exposed :puke::puke:

MissTania

So I got

Yes indeedy! I wore 220 Exposure today - it is a gorgeous soft baby pink, it reminds me of MAC Snob/Pink Plaid/Real Doll - it wore well and was really smooth and silky - I think you will love it:cloud9:. On me, it's more blue based than D& G Rosa which I love and would categorize as a warm baby pink. I want 240 next!

Last edited:

MissTania

Thank you!!
I'm so happy about your haul!!

Me too, I love Gucci so much! Their blushes are seriously amazing- so silky and pigmented (yet they blend easily with the little brush provided) . I have almost all of them now with Pink Camelia being my favourite. I wish they would release more shades.

Latest posts