#TEAMBUYITALL

Shars

Heya Shars! Good to see you! I hope all is well.

I know, right? Why market something to death but then not produce enough? I called Beauty Brands yesterday and was told they might have some coming in today.. and the lady was super nice and put me on a wait list - I am #4 on it.. and she said she would call me this evening, if they have any. So hopefully that works out. I do have a 10% off coupon to there, so that will help.

Otherwise, I am not going to keep hunting this thing.. I am so tired of playing these games with companies.. sighs. I got the PB&J palette and will have to be content with that for awhile. lol

What is going on with you? Have you bought anything fun lately?

Fingers crossed it works out for you!

I've been more or less really good so far for the year. I picked up the two Dior highlighters and a few other things. I hadn't bought anything beauty related since late February/early March but bought a Limecrime velvetines trio, their velvetine in cement and a Sugarpill palette during the Dolls Kill sale. I can't seem to find anything I need for the Sephora sale. I do want the Burberry optic white highlighter but even with the sale its $$$. That might be the only thing I do get. Other than that, I've been stalking the Tom Ford blush duo Bicoastal and their eye cream/shadow duo in Golden Peach. What I am looking forward to is NARS' summer collection!!! Anddd I'm going to the Makeup Show in NYC next month so I may be a naughty girl then lol.

dash4

Fingers crossed it works out for you!

I've been more or less really good so far for the year. I picked up the two Dior highlighters and a few other things. I hadn't bought anything beauty related since late February/early March but bought a Limecrime velvetines trio, their velvetine in cement and a Sugarpill palette during the Dolls Kill sale. I can't seem to find anything I need for the Sephora sale. I do want the Burberry optic white highlighter but even with the sale its $$$. That might be the only thing I do get. Other than that, I've been stalking the Tom Ford blush duo Bicoastal and their eye cream/shadow duo in Golden Peach. What I am looking forward to is NARS' summer collection!!! Anddd I'm going to the Makeup Show in NYC next month so I may be a naughty girl then lol.

Ohhhh I got the Dior highlighter in Glowing Pink! I assume that is the one you got? I freakin love that thing! I found a close dupe though.. after seeing NikkiTutorials talk about using the NYX prismatic eyeshadow in Girl Talk as a highlighter - I bought it.. and as soon as I swatched it - I thought it looked familiar.. and sure enough, it is almost dead on for Glowing Pink.. I am still glad I got the Dior because the packaging is so pretty!

Is the Burberry Optic White a highlighter.. or eyeshadow? I just did a search.. and I am kind of confused.

That is so cool that you are going to the NYC makeup show.. One day I will go to a makeup show.. I am going to make it a goal ! lol

I have been pretty good about my makeup purchases too. I am putting together my makeup room.. and have been reorganizing..and I threw out a bunch of makeup. That really opened my eyes to how wasteful I have been.

Recently I got the PB&J palette, the Dior highlighter, Lorac's new highlighter in Moonlight and a Josie Maran watercolor eyeshadow.. I did get three of the Tarte clay paint eyeliners when they were half price at Ulta ( I love that stuff - might give one to a friend because I really do not need three lol)..anyway, I also got the UD Gwen Stefani blush palette when it was half off at Ulta... I also picked up the Pixi hydrating milky mist and the Pixi Glow mist.. but besides that I have been good. lol.

The only thing I want from the Sephora sale is the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette.. and I think I want to try that Bareminerals Serum concealer.. have you tried that? So many people rave about it..and I am almost out of my Urban Decay naked skin concealers-which I love, but I want to try something new.

fur4elise

Ohhhh I got the Dior highlighter in Glowing Pink! I assume that is the one you got? I freakin love that thing! I found a close dupe though.. after seeing NikkiTutorials talk about using the NYX prismatic eyeshadow in Girl Talk as a highlighter - I bought it.. and as soon as I swatched it - I thought it looked familiar.. and sure enough, it is almost dead on for Glowing Pink.. I am still glad I got the Dior because the packaging is so pretty!

Is the Burberry Optic White a highlighter.. or eyeshadow? I just did a search.. and I am kind of confused.

That is so cool that you are going to the NYC makeup show.. One day I will go to a makeup show.. I am going to make it a goal ! lol

I have been pretty good about my makeup purchases too. I am putting together my makeup room.. and have been reorganizing..and I threw out a bunch of makeup. That really opened my eyes to how wasteful I have been.

Recently I got the PB&J palette, the Dior highlighter, Lorac's new highlighter in Moonlight and a Josie Maran watercolor eyeshadow.. I did get three of the Tarte clay paint eyeliners when they were half price at Ulta ( I love that stuff - might give one to a friend because I really do not need three lol)..anyway, I also got the UD Gwen Stefani blush palette when it was half off at Ulta... I also picked up the Pixi hydrating milky mist and the Pixi Glow mist.. but besides that I have been good. lol.

The only thing I want from the Sephora sale is the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette.. and I think I want to try that Bareminerals Serum concealer.. have you tried that? So many people rave about it..and I am almost out of my Urban Decay naked skin concealers-which I love, but I want to try something new.

Hiiiii!! How are you doing??

I think I have called every Ulta and Sephora within 30 miles of me............ but no Sweet Peach palette... sighs.

I am great lady! :D

Just like you, over the past couple months (I think to beat the winter dull-drums and get ready for spring...) I dekrappified the sh*t out of my makeup collection! Threw away a ton of old stuffs, sold some collectible unused stuffs, and gave away some goodies to friends. It felt so good to edit...so much so I am using much more of my collection.

I've added just a few things...some new MAC e/s pans added to what I already had & reorganized into new MUFE palettes. I also ordered the 9x Rose & 15X Warm palettes...I have been using the KVD Light & Shade palette in conjunction with all the MAC. I also got the Dior Glowing Nude highlighter. Love it! :heart: Love the packaging. I wish I had just a finishing powder in that beautiful compact! Ummm... and some lippies from Lancome...those new Juicy Shakers...super fun packaging!

No Peach palette for me...because of all the MAC I just got, I have no need at all. All in all I am very happy with my collection right now.

Shars

Yesss the Glowing Pink! It is sooo beautiful. The closest thing I have to it is The Balm's Cindy-Lou Manizer but there's a clear difference once applied. I bought the Glowing Nude too but I really shouldn't have lol. It's not that unique to the million + other highlighters I own.

The Burberry Optic White apparently comes in eyeshadow and nail polish as well, but the one I want is the illuminator.

http://www.temptalia.com/burberry-s...highlighting-palettes-reviews-photos-swatches It's the one of the left.

Yessss. Makeup shows are so fun. I went to IMATS in NY last year and whilst it was good for buying stuff and getting things at a discount, because the lines were so darn long, I couldn't really take advantage of all the teaching and workshops that were being offered. So I'm hoping with the makeup show that I can strike a balance. I hope you get to go to one soon. It's such a good vibe as well being in a room with soo many people that just get why ten pink lipsticks are a hair different and why you need 'em all! lol.

I really need to have a makeup room at this rate. My current set up doesn't allow me to fully appreciate all the crap I have and I know for sure there's stuff I haven't used in a long long time that I need to either pass on to someone or just get rid of! I just need to find a spare space in my house that I can repurpose!

I hadn't found a concealer I like more than NARS' Radiant Creamy one but I got a super deluxe size sample of Clinique's new Foundcealer that you can apparently use both as foundation and/or concealer and that works really well for my under eyes just like the NARS. The crazy thing is that the deluxe sample size has more product that NARS' full size concealer lol. Suffice to say, I'll be adding a few more of the Clinique one to my cart for 100 points and will not be repurchasing the NARS until I'm all out of both!

CrimsonQuill157

Yay I'm glad to see activity in here again!

I went to Sephora and picked up the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea palette (the last one they had!! Woo!!) and UD Matte lipstick in 1993. I had to - that's the year I was born. And the color is so gorgeous. I swatched it on my hand and was afraid it looked kind of muddy but it looks so much better on the lips. I love the formula too - think I might have to get Blackmail before the sale is over.

AnastasiaRuth

I havent been on here for a while now. But the amt of money I've spent in the last week. . Oh, boy.
MAC, Ulta, Sephora & Levi's . #TeamBUYITALL

dash4

I am great lady! :D

Just like you, over the past couple months (I think to beat the winter dull-drums and get ready for spring...) I dekrappified the sh*t out of my makeup collection! Threw away a ton of old stuffs, sold some collectible unused stuffs, and gave away some goodies to friends. It felt so good to edit...so much so I am using much more of my collection.

I've added just a few things...some new MAC e/s pans added to what I already had & reorganized into new MUFE palettes. I also ordered the 9x Rose & 15X Warm palettes...I have been using the KVD Light & Shade palette in conjunction with all the MAC. I also got the Dior Glowing Nude highlighter. Love it! :heart: Love the packaging. I wish I had just a finishing powder in that beautiful compact! Ummm... and some lippies from Lancome...those new Juicy Shakers...super fun packaging!

No Peach palette for me...because of all the MAC I just got, I have no need at all. All in all I am very happy with my collection right now.

That Dior highlighter is out of this world.. so, so, so pretty. I am glad you got it too. I need to order some more Mac shadows! I brought out my Mac palettes and have been using them. Do you have Brown Script? That is my favorite Mac shadow ever!

Yesss the Glowing Pink! It is sooo beautiful. The closest thing I have to it is The Balm's Cindy-Lou Manizer but there's a clear difference once applied. I bought the Glowing Nude too but I really shouldn't have lol. It's not that unique to the million + other highlighters I own.

The Burberry Optic White apparently comes in eyeshadow and nail polish as well, but the one I want is the illuminator.

http://www.temptalia.com/burberry-s...highlighting-palettes-reviews-photos-swatches It's the one of the left.

Yessss. Makeup shows are so fun. I went to IMATS in NY last year and whilst it was good for buying stuff and getting things at a discount, because the lines were so darn long, I couldn't really take advantage of all the teaching and workshops that were being offered. So I'm hoping with the makeup show that I can strike a balance. I hope you get to go to one soon. It's such a good vibe as well being in a room with soo many people that just get why ten pink lipsticks are a hair different and why you need 'em all! lol.

I really need to have a makeup room at this rate. My current set up doesn't allow me to fully appreciate all the crap I have and I know for sure there's stuff I haven't used in a long long time that I need to either pass on to someone or just get rid of! I just need to find a spare space in my house that I can repurpose!

I hadn't found a concealer I like more than NARS' Radiant Creamy one but I got a super deluxe size sample of Clinique's new Foundcealer that you can apparently use both as foundation and/or concealer and that works really well for my under eyes just like the NARS. The crazy thing is that the deluxe sample size has more product that NARS' full size concealer lol. Suffice to say, I'll be adding a few more of the Clinique one to my cart for 100 points and will not be repurchasing the NARS until I'm all out of both!

That Dior highlighter is one of my best purchases of 2016.. I sort of regret not getting the other shade. I agree - it is easy to dupe, but geesh.. The packaging! just stunning.

I hear the same thing about IMATS being sort of a PITA, because of the crowds. So hopefully you will do better at the makeup show. I bet it is amazing to be in an arena of people who "get" you though.. lol

I used to use the Nars creamy concealer but switched over to the UD Naked skin concealer - I do like it a lot better.

I use that Clinique Founcealer as my foundation ! lol.. it is super thick though, but it looks so pretty on the skin.. that is fantastic that you are using it as just a concealer! What a cheaper alternative to regular concealers..

And wow @ that Burberry highlighter.. that makes me want it.. It is so pretty!

dash4

Peach Palette on ULTA right now!!!

I missed it again. :(

I was just at Sephora and swatched it.. I want it to bad. It isn't completely peach.. there are some bronze and purple-y shades..

Today I got the Kat Von D little Rust palette and three brushes.. and I think I am going to get the UD pink corrector.. it was OOS in store- I am going to order it online. Otherwise, nothing more from the Sephora sale for me.

Dolly Snow

Heeeey everyone!
I have been a little underwhelmed with MAC lately? Anyone else feel this way too?
Don't get me wrong while the collections have been very pretty and cute...I am just feeling meh.
I've been spending more and more time buying from other brands.....like Melt, Urban decay & Nars.

novocainedreams

Hi all!

It's been MONTHS since I've been here. Curbing my makeup spending A LOT. And currently going through my stash to throw away, sell, give to friends and donate. I'll admit it's crazy how much less I spend by not being on here and seeing all the new stuff coming out every month! I miss chatting though. Hope everyone is well! What's everyone's current must haves?! I admit I want a UD lipstick from the Alice collection and a MAC(what happened to MAC!? LOL.) Lippie from the CC collection. Still lemming the TF Sweet Peach too, hopefully they come through with their promise!

Shars

Anyone here? :tiptoe::nixweiss::scratch:
What's everyone up to? Hope you're all well!

I forgot about this thread lol!

I was very much on Team Low Buy until about 2 weeks ago. I have done some serious damage since then *facepalm*! What have you been up to?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I forgot about this thread lol!

I was very much on Team Low Buy until about 2 weeks ago. I have done some serious damage since then *facepalm*! What have you been up to?
Hi Shars! :wavey: Ooh, what did you buy? :D
The last few months have been kinda rough for me, I lost my grandpa and also have to deal with both of my parents being ill too, so I did a little bit of retail therapy to distract me from things. Just a few things here and there, tho. I bought that Nude Lip Colour Kit from MAC, I like the Huggable Lip Color from that, I hadn't tried those before. I'm thinking about ordering the Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick, because I'm not really happy with the Hourglass one, it emphasizes every little dry patch and skin structure in general, at least on me.

Shars

Hi Shars! :wavey: Ooh, what did you buy? :D
The last few months have been kinda rough for me, I lost my grandpa and also have to deal with both of my parents being ill too, so I did a little bit of retail therapy to distract me from things. Just a few things here and there, tho. I bought that Nude Lip Colour Kit from MAC, I like the Huggable Lip Color from that, I hadn't tried those before. I'm thinking about ordering the Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick, because I'm not really happy with the Hourglass one, it emphasizes every little dry patch and skin structure in general, at least on me.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa and that your parent's aren't 100%. *hugs* I hope things turn around for you soon!

I haven't tried the huggable lip colours but I think the US site has some of them in the Goodbyes section. I've heard good things about the Bobby Brown foundation stick so fingers crossed it works for you. I'm still on the hunt for a new Holy Grail foundation since Revlon decided to change the formula on my old holy grail one.

I had been holding off of buying things and have mainly been shopping my stash and using up things that I don't love but already spent money on. I've also been focusing on skincare and using up the tons of samples I have laying around. I did buy two of the mini MAC Fix+ sprays in Lavender and Coconut. I didn't like the Rose one as much, though, so I skipped that. Then I ordered some trial sized skincare stuff during the Sephora 15% VIB sale (Ole Henriksen new mattifying cleanser & some Drunk Elephant stuff) and repurchased some Sephora sheet masks I like. I did pretty well then so I thought I was in the clear. Then one of our lovely specktrettes gave me a coupon code for SAKS ($50 off $250 purchase) and it all went downhill from there HAHAHA!

From Saks I restocked on my Shiseido Facial Cotton and my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and then *cue splurge* I picked up the Tom Ford Blush Duo in Paradise Lust that I've been lusting after for ages (pun intended), the MAC x Justine Skye Iridescent Powder and the TF cream eye colour in Burnished Copper that I had been wanting for a while. Amazingly they still had the Burberry Silk & Bloom Blush in stock so I picked that up too. After SAKS, I preordered the MAC Fix+ Coconut spray from the Fruity Juicy collection and ordered the Nails Inc. unicorn nail duo from Sephora and got a bunch of their point perks skincare samples. I placed another Sephora order for my Koh Gen Do Spa Water and some Clinique makeup remover wipes that someone was raving about in the Sephora thread. Got some more deluxe skincare samples as well.

Then I found a way to get a 15% off coupon from Neiman Marcus and that, plus the 15% Ebates cash back, I couldn't resist. I think I also am getting a $50 gift card from spending over $200 so I think it was a good time to splurge as I get tons of money back. From NM I got the TF Pink Haze cream eye colour that was LE and had sold out ages ago - apparently a store has some left. I was glad to find it since then I didn't have to get the Paradiso cream and powder duo and saved some money. I also got a Molton Brown body wash in Eucalyptus that I really like for those days after a rough work out, as well as a Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser to try, the TF cream eye color in Midnight Violet, a Gucci blush in Cherry Nectar and that new Chantecaille highlighter (Poudre Lumiere Sunlight). That last one was a total impulse buy. I think I'm done for another few months now haha!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa and that your parent's aren't 100%. *hugs* I hope things turn around for you soon!

I haven't tried the huggable lip colours but I think the US site has some of them in the Goodbyes section. I've heard good things about the Bobby Brown foundation stick so fingers crossed it works for you. I'm still on the hunt for a new Holy Grail foundation since Revlon decided to change the formula on my old holy grail one.

I had been holding off of buying things and have mainly been shopping my stash and using up things that I don't love but already spent money on. I've also been focusing on skincare and using up the tons of samples I have laying around. I did buy two of the mini MAC Fix+ sprays in Lavender and Coconut. I didn't like the Rose one as much, though, so I skipped that. Then I ordered some trial sized skincare stuff during the Sephora 15% VIB sale (Ole Henriksen new mattifying cleanser & some Drunk Elephant stuff) and repurchased some Sephora sheet masks I like. I did pretty well then so I thought I was in the clear. Then one of our lovely specktrettes gave me a coupon code for SAKS ($50 off $250 purchase) and it all went downhill from there HAHAHA!

From Saks I restocked on my Shiseido Facial Cotton and my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and then *cue splurge* I picked up the Tom Ford Blush Duo in Paradise Lust that I've been lusting after for ages (pun intended), the MAC x Justine Skye Iridescent Powder and the TF cream eye colour in Burnished Copper that I had been wanting for a while. Amazingly they still had the Burberry Silk & Bloom Blush in stock so I picked that up too. After SAKS, I preordered the MAC Fix+ Coconut spray from the Fruity Juicy collection and ordered the Nails Inc. unicorn nail duo from Sephora and got a bunch of their point perks skincare samples. I placed another Sephora order for my Koh Gen Do Spa Water and some Clinique makeup remover wipes that someone was raving about in the Sephora thread. Got some more deluxe skincare samples as well.

Then I found a way to get a 15% off coupon from Neiman Marcus and that, plus the 15% Ebates cash back, I couldn't resist. I think I also am getting a $50 gift card from spending over $200 so I think it was a good time to splurge as I get tons of money back. From NM I got the TF Pink Haze cream eye colour that was LE and had sold out ages ago - apparently a store has some left. I was glad to find it since then I didn't have to get the Paradiso cream and powder duo and saved some money. I also got a Molton Brown body wash in Eucalyptus that I really like for those days after a rough work out, as well as a Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser to try, the TF cream eye color in Midnight Violet, a Gucci blush in Cherry Nectar and that new Chantecaille highlighter (Poudre Lumiere Sunlight). That last one was a total impulse buy. I think I'm done for another few months now haha!
Thank you. :flowers:

Thanks, I think I'll hold off on getting the Bobbi foundation for now as I should be receiving the serum foundation from The Ordinary soon. I actually ordered it in March and it was pending since then since they didn't have enough stock. A few days ago I was told it would actually take another four weeks but surprisingly I got a shipping notification today.
Ah, that sucks about Revlon, I hate when a brand messes with a good formula.

That's quite the haul right there! :D Sounds like you made some really good deals. I like the Fix+ Coconut too, I still have a full sized backup, I should use it more often. I wasn't a fan of the rose one either, even though I usually love anything with rose scent.
I keep hearing good things about Drunk Elephant, I should take a closer look at their prodcuts too. I've been trying to find a good glycolic exfoliant since Avene changed my fave, well, they changed it so much it's a completely different product now. I just repurchaed the Pixi Glow Peel Pads, they're alright, but could be more effective. I'm also using the 30% mask and the glycolic toner by The Ordinary, which are pretty good but the resulsts from the Avene cream were still better.

I wonder if I should get the Fruity Juicy Pearlmatte Powder, I'm still undecided. It looks so pretty in the pan, but I don't really need it.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Shars

Thank you. :flowers:

Thanks, I think I'll hold off on getting the Bobbi foundation for now as I should be receiving the serum foundation from The Ordinary soon. I actually ordered it in March and it was pending since then since they didn't have enough stock. A few days ago I was told it would actually take another four weeks but surprisingly I got a shipping notification today.
Ah, that sucks about Revlon, I hate when a brand messes with a good formula.

That's quite the haul right there! :D Sounds like you made some really good deals. I like the Fix+ Coconut too, I still have a full sized backup, I should use it more often. I wasn't a fan of the rose one either, even though I usually love anything with rose scent.
I keep hearing good things about Drunk Elephant, I should take a closer look at their prodcuts too. I've been trying to find a good glycolic exfoliant since Avene changed my fave, well, they changed it so much it's a completely different product now. I just repurchaed the Pixi Glow Peel Pads, they're alright, but could be more effective. I'm also using the 30% mask and the glycolic toner by The Ordinary, which are pretty good but the resulsts from the Avene cream were still better.

I wonder if I should get the Fruity Juicy Pearlmatte Powder, I'm still undecided. It looks so pretty in the pan, but I don't really need it.:rolleyes:

I've been hearing good things about the Ordinary! But I'm going to try to wade through all the stuff I've accumulated before buying anything else *sigh*

I liked how the Fruity Juicy Pearlmatte powder looks in the pan but when I saw the swatches, it's just another pinky peachy blush and I don't need any more blushes in life lol.

Latest posts