Christian Louboutin Beauty -- COMING SOON?

boschicka

I don't know, I've never seen anything like this! I cleaned them with a tissue and they smell and look ok now but.. I have much older lipsticks in this drawer, even the spoiled TF ones don't look like this.

So strange. Sorry that happened to you! Definitely unacceptable for any lipstick under a year old, but especially at this price tag!

NaomiH

What I saw today when I opened my boxes:

View attachment 54133 View attachment 54134 View attachment 54135
Sevillana and Bikini, Bikini hasn't even been swatched.. Both were in their boxes in a drawer. Me Nude also looks like this, I've worn it quite a lot though. I don't know if I can use them but it's unacceptable, I haven't even had them for a year!

This looks like what I've seen happen to some of MAC's Lustre finishes. There seems to be some debate about what it is and causes it. I'd email CL and see about getting replacements or a refund.

awickedshape

This looks like what I've seen happen to some of MAC's Lustre finishes. There seems to be some debate about what it is and causes it. I'd email CL and see about getting replacements or a refund.

I've seen it with MAC, too but not as much fuzz!

fur4elise

GreenEyedAllie

What I saw today when I opened my boxes:

View attachment 54133 View attachment 54134 View attachment 54135
Sevillana and Bikini, Bikini hasn't even been swatched.. Both were in their boxes in a drawer. Me Nude also looks like this, I've worn it quite a lot though. I don't know if I can use them but it's unacceptable, I haven't even had them for a year!

Is that mold?!?!

It is probably nothing to worry about. The ingredients in certain makeup products, especially those with natural oils and waxes can have changes like this. Even if you think your home/storage area is climate controlled, all it takes is minute changes in temperature and/or humidity to cause the oils and waxes to 'sweat' out and then crystallize. The crystals would look 'fuzzy' because of how small they are and how flexible the waxes are. If you could get a closer up picture, I could help better. Similar to Tom Ford, this is the results of using certain ingredients.

If there was a bacterial infection, there would also be a noxious odor. Molds tend to be very filamentous (stringy, feathery) and also the most common molds tend to be black or green. Also, mold would not discriminate between used surfaces and non-used surfaces, IMO, where as the used surfaces would be less porous and less able to have the waxes/oils leach out.

If you're uncomfortable with it, I would still contact CL and ask them about it. You can also wipe them down and then spray with ethanol. Personally, based on those photos, I would still use them.
ETA: If you ever notice a foul odor, discard/return. That is usually very indicative of some kind of infection.

Source: I do science to and about viruses and other nasties for a living.

fur4elise

It is probably nothing to worry about. The ingredients in certain makeup products, especially those with natural oils and waxes can have changes like this. Even if you think your home/storage area is climate controlled, all it takes is minute changes in temperature and/or humidity to cause the oils and waxes to 'sweat' out and then crystallize. The crystals would look 'fuzzy' because of how small they are and how flexible the waxes are. If you could get a closer up picture, I could help better. Similar to Tom Ford, this is the results of using certain ingredients.

If there was a bacterial infection, there would also be a noxious odor. Molds tend to be very filamentous (stringy, feathery) and also the most common molds tend to be black or green. Also, mold would not discriminate between used surfaces and non-used surfaces, IMO, where as the used surfaces would be less porous and less able to have the waxes/oils leach out.

If you're uncomfortable with it, I would still contact CL and ask them about it. You can also wipe them down and then spray with ethanol. Personally, based on those photos, I would still use them.
ETA: If you ever notice a foul odor, discard/return. That is usually very indicative of some kind of infection.

^^^^^THIS is awesome information! You rock Allie! :rocker:

GreenEyedAllie

^^^^^THIS is awesome information! You rock Allie! :rocker:

You're welcome! Hope it helps! Even though I am very sure about this info, do remember it is just my opinion based on my training/knowledge and nothing can be known for certain without testing. And at the end of the day, do what makes you feel safe.

awickedshape

Thank you for the info

beautycool

Kiki you look great you always do Hun

and omg those lipsticks with the white over them
seriously I would be emailing CL
I wouldn't accept this when they do cost a lot
not like if it was heat that it's been hot in the uk you know lol up till now it's been humid and abit hotter but that's a few days here n there
omg I'm going to check my red one I'm so sorry Hun to see these pictures I saw the email and thought that what's a going on and saw the pics :(
hope you get it sorted try and wipe with the item that the other lady suggested Hun hope they are ok to still use but I would Defo contact cl for a refund partial refund or to send out new items :)

KiKi Kontour

Thanx BC!!! Freaking yikes!!!! I think Allie has a good point cuz I've had some do this if it got dropped off in hotter months n i threw em in the freezer but nonetheless if it smells bad and ur just overall not comfortable usin em period then CL needs to refund cuz ummmm this shyt cost too dmn much to be lookin like moss growin round that shyt. oh naw!!! u phk around n see a bonsai leaf growin in the middle if u keep it any longer!!! SN: where the hell are my emoji's for dramatic effect....lol

NaomiH

You're awesome! Thanks for the info.

Sugar & Spice

Yep you are correct! I know people who work in the field as well and they said they same thing you did. The only time you should be worried is if the smell is off, other wise the ingredients are still in tack and there's nothing to worry about. Just wipe it off and keep it moving, it's nothing but oil that has risen to the surface and natural oils settle period in any form whether it's hair products, lotions, etc. This is not uncommon at all.

Latest posts