Christian Louboutin Beauty -- COMING SOON?

Ingenue

My glosses came. Altareva was BROKEN. Returned. Neither color nor consistency is impressive enough to rebuy. They're okay. Totally overpriced IMO. The smell reminds me of my grandmother's medicine cabinet and they are THICK and opaque, and not in that cool Chanel Lacquer way... but in that MAC Lipglass kind of way with about 1/4 of the sticky factor.
Meh.

fur4elise

my glosses came. Altareva was broken. Returned. Neither color nor consistency is impressive enough to rebuy. They're okay. Totally overpriced imo. The smell reminds me of my grandmother's medicine cabinet and they are thick and opaque, and not in that cool chanel lacquer way... But in that mac lipglass kind of way with about 1/4 of the sticky factor. Meh.

bummer! :(

boschicka

My glosses came. Altareva was BROKEN. Returned. Neither color nor consistency is impressive enough to rebuy. They're okay. Totally overpriced IMO. The smell reminds me of my grandmother's medicine cabinet and they are THICK and opaque, and not in that cool Chanel Lacquer way... but in that MAC Lipglass kind of way with about 1/4 of the sticky factor.
Meh.

That stinks! In contrast, what is your favorite gloss?

Sugar & Spice

The more I use altavera the more I like it. The price is still a bit steep for what you get IMO.

The scent doesn't bother me at all (fortunately), and I do not detect a notable/ strong taste.
Yeah I love mines and ordered Rouge so now I'm up to 5 and as with everything else in the world, everyone's experiences will be different.

Ingenue

I have a crap ton of lipsticks boschicka, so the Lipstick Queen selection is a current favorite. I am a sucker for no stick and high pigmentation. I don't like to FEEL a lipgloss. I don't wanna smell it either. I remember when NARS glosses used to smell like bad breath. Blech.

Suzanem80

New User
Meh.

Omg!! I was coming on here to say that my Altareva arrived broken too! The very first time I opened it and pulled out the applicator, the applicator stick broke in the tube and the doe-foot part is stuck inside now! I was enraged, especially since I paid so much (and wasted my Saks 20% off coupon on this). I ordered another color too that seems fine, but now I'm scared that one day it will break too.

I also agree that the formula was thicker than I was expecting. However I'm going to keep the good color (and return the broken one, obvi) and pray that I can make it work. I really learned to love the thick Tom Ford patent lip colors that came out last year.

awickedshape

Altareva and Casanovella arrived today

PhotoGrid_1468450890024.jpg

Altareva

20160713_191310.jpg

Casanovella

20160713_192028.jpg

Sweet relief!
I debated these for so long because they are an overpriced item but so eye-catching.
I lucked out with the beauty bag events and discount codes.
Altareva pulls straight-up pink on me, of course and Casanovella is so flattering. Will have to compare it to Burberry Oxblood.
They're easy to wipe off (had an issue once with tissue particles clinging to a MAC gloss, ugh) and my lips still felt soft afterwards.

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

Altareva and Casanovella arrived today

View attachment 55318

Altareva

View attachment 55322

Casanovella

View attachment 55323

Sweet relief!
I debated these for so long because they are an overpriced item but so eye-catching. I lucked out with the beauty bag events and discount codes. Altareva pulls straight-up pink on me, of course and Casanovella is so flattering.

It's so pretty. I'll give it that. I've been dragging my feet on my return. I want to love it, but the taste and price are killing me.

awickedshape

It's so pretty. I'll give it that. I've been dragging my feet on my return. I want to love it, but the taste and price are killing me.

If that were an issue for me and I could return it, I'd return it and get my money back lol
My only issue ($$$$ is understood lol) is that Altareva might be boring on me.
I'll wear it again this week.

GreenEyedAllie

If that were an issue for me and I could return it, I'd return it and get my money back lol
My only issue ($$$$ is understood lol) is that Altareva might be boring on me.
I'll wear it again this week.

I agree that Casanovella is the star on you based on your swatch pics. Beautiful!

allthingsglam

My new fave red❤️
I had Bengali but I didn't like it on me
As much as I want to buy them all I think this will be the only Christian louboutin lipgloss in this formula I will buy
This red is perfect in one swipe??????????????????????????????

Latest posts