Christian Louboutin Beauty -- COMING SOON?

boschicka

Dangit, I finally broke down and ordered Impera. I'm fine paying $95 for a By Terrry blush duo, but I hesitate with these lipsticks for some reason. A little afraid of the scent, I guess.

maeonsaturday

I'm considering getting a matte one - should I get Bengali or Survivita? In terms of shade, does Bengali resemble MAC's Girl About Town, and does Survivita resemble TF's Cherry Lush?

Last edited:

Winthrop44

Dangit, I finally broke down and ordered Impera. I'm fine paying $95 for a By Terrry blush duo, but I hesitate with these lipsticks for some reason. A little afraid of the scent, I guess.

Dont worry about the scent. If I can tolerate it just about anybody can.

maeonsaturday

Sigh. I should stop second guessing my instincts.

Why oh why did I wait on Let Me Tell You?? It's probably my favorite CL of them all!

Swatch please! :D

Can anyone describe the colors Let Me Tell You and Miss Clichy? Swatches would be best. I can't seem to find the older posts with swatches.

Last edited:

Sugar & Spice

Bikini is here and I love it! I was really thinking it wasn't going to work for me since most baby pinks don't but Bikini is perfection. I don't even need a lipliner either which I thought I would. Thank you to everyone who praised it because I would not have considered it otherwise and would have truly missed out on a gem.

Now I am officially done at 8, my collection...

Bikini
Belly Bloom
Bengali matte
Rouge matte
Me Nude
Miss Lou
Miss Clichy
Let Me Tell You

franlynne

Bikini is here and I love it! I was really thinking it wasn't going to work for me since most baby pinks don't but Bikini is perfection. I don't even need a lipliner either which I thought I would. Thank you to everyone who praised it because I would not have considered it otherwise and would have truly missed out on a gem.

Bikini
Belly Bloom
Bengali matte
Rouge matte
Me Nude
Miss Lou
Miss Clichy
Let Me Tell You
I am still waiting on Bikini! Tres Dec. is due here tomorrow! I am planning to order Belly Bloom next. Does Tutulle have any pink in it at all? I can't do straight beige, like concealer lips. I love the ones I have!

Sugar & Spice

I am still waiting on Bikini! Tres Dec. is due here tomorrow! I am planning to order Belly Bloom next. Does Tutulle have any pink in it at all? I can't do straight beige, like concealer lips. I love the ones I have!

Tutulle has the least amount of pink out of Me Nude and Just Nothing, it is mostly beige. Just Nothing would probably be best but it's matte.

Winthrop44

I received my Bikini the other day and couldn't agree more, just gorgeous and super wearable. Tutulle on me was a concealer lips fail. I love Just Nothing tho.

franlynne

I received my Bikini the other day and couldn't agree more, just gorgeous and super wearable. Tutulle on me was a concealer lips fail. I love Just Nothing tho.
I cannot believe I still don't have Bikini, it was shipped last Saturday!! I guess Tutulle would be a super fail for me. I'll be going back into the city in a couple of weeks and I'll try on Just Nothing then. They are creamier than TF mattes, right? I wore TF Pink Tease last night, and while I adore the color, I hate the formula! Same thing with TF Velvet Cherry and Pussycat. Great colors,but I always add a touch of gloss to them.These CL's have me under their spell!

Sugar & Spice

Yep I actually threw out the last 2 TF mattes I had because I just couldn't wear them anymore after wearing CL mattes and now that it's cold, I can really see just how inferior TF mattes are compared to CL.

However I did buy TF Boy Drake since I loved the color and the satin formula is good but I won't be indulging in TF anymore and certainly no more mattes for sure.

franlynne

Yep I actually threw out the last 2 TF mattes I had because I just couldn't wear them anymore after wearing CL mattes and now that it's cold, I can really see just how inferior TF mattes are compared to CL.

However I did buy TF Boy Drake since I loved the color and the satin formula is good but I won't be indulging in TF anymore and certainly no more mattes for sure.
I have never been a fan of matte lipsticks and only buy them if it's a color I fall in love with. My TF girl called me this morning and I told her I was passing on the new releases, I think she was really shocked. But the CL's have spoiled me, I hope he will add more colors!

franlynne

They feel pretty dry going on but once on they are extremely comfortable.
You are light in complexion as I am, do you feel comfortable wearing nude colors? I always feel that they tend to wash me out, but if I ever was going to have one work for me I would like it to be a CL.

Winthrop44

You are light in complexion as I am, do you feel comfortable wearing nude colors? I always feel that they tend to wash me out, but if I ever was going to have one work for me I would like it to be a CL.

It depends how nude. Just Nothing I really like on. You should try Me Nude as well.

franlynne

Bikini
Belly Bloom
Bengali matte
Rouge matte
Me Nude
Miss Lou
Miss Clichy
Let Me Tell You
Bikini and Tres Dec. finally arrived. They're still a little cold, so I will give them some time to warm up. That makes 9 and I love them all! I am going to order Belly Bloom and will wait until I can try the nudes on in person in a couple of weeks. Thanks to all who answered questions and posted swatches!

Latest posts