Makeup geek eyeshadow for woc?

nikkideevah

Here is a video showing ALL the makeup geek main collection shadows on brown skin! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ukr33J__s. It is a really in depth look at all the swatches with some discussion about the quality of each shadow and how it applies on deep / woc skin. Great video if you want to know how makeup geek eye shadows look on African American and women of color skin tones from NC35 to NC 50.
Yeah she gave them a not so good review because she have oily eyelids..

NicoleL

I LOVE Corrupt! It's black as ******! lol

I like Peach Smoothie for a more subtle brown highlight (good alternative to my fave matte brown highlight, Samoa Silk from MAC)

I have a few others that are nice. I think they're good shadows, especially at the price point. They are quite pigmented and colour-true. The only major drawback for me is how powdery they are. I had to put the Corrupt pan in a completely separate container because the black dust got all over the other shadows in my palette. The fallout is CRAZY if you're not careful. Other than that, I liked them and would re-order.

Note: I only have matte shades, so the shimmery shadows may not be as powdery.
I agree, I had all matte shades as well and I found them to be a bit powdery. I also found there was some fallout, I think Frappe was the biggest problem child for me with the fallout. I don't think they are awful or anything, but I did still find myself reaching for other eyeshadows instead of these. I didn't want to say anything against them because so many people have such strong reactions to the topic of these eyeshadows, but they just didn't work out for me. Pigmentation is great with the ones I ordered though, unexpected was the only one I was slightly disappointed with in terms of pigment.

BrittLuvsMakeup

I've been wanting to take the plunge on these eyeshadows for a while now and I finally did today with money that I earned through Mr. Rebates. I bought Cocoa Bear (which I probably shouldn't have since I have MAC Brown Script and Anastasia Beverly Hills Sienna in single shadow form and in my Maya Mia Eyeshadow Palette), Frappe, and Enchanted (which is supposed to be a pretty close dupe of Kat Von D's new metal eyeshadow in Raw Power). I also bought a gel liner named Rave. I can't wait to try them!

Mignonb

Was I the only one not completely wowed by them? Maybe because I was so impressed by the colourpop shadows I got at the same time...

Latest posts