(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

DILLIGAF

Have any of you ladies purchased the Dior Glowing Gardens Illuminators?

I recalling seeing you say that you previously lived in South Florida so I decided to check and there are 2 or 3 locations on Lincoln Rd.! I'll have to check them out one day! I didn't think they'd have any locations here as I assumed all of their stores were in New York so this is a pleasant surprise!

Sure am, lol!

I haven't grabbed it yet but I think I may get it when it lands in Sephora (or Ulta but I'm not sure) since I heard that Anastasia Beverly Hills is expanding the line of products they sell there. Also, they are releasing another Glow Kit named Sun Dipped!

There are two that I like the one across the street from H&M and the other one near to Pizza Rustica . The one nearer to the pizza (good pizza btw I would suggest the tomato basil or the BBQ chicken) they have more cosmetics than the other one. They carry Dose for Colors, Colored Raine, and LA Splash to name a few. Check them out its well worth it.

Last edited:

fur4elise

After a recent swatch session at Sephora & reorganization & review of my current collection I had to come over here...
"Hi. My name is Elise & I am a highlighter addict!"
:hide:

I kind of knew I had a problem, but it didn't come to light until while lipstick swatching, I decided to swatch some blushes & highlighter.

image.jpeg
Becca ~ Champagne, Opal, Moonstone, Topaz
I resisted, thinking I know I have colors like this.
View attachment 52564
The swipe all the way to the right is the Dior Glowing Nude. omg! So creamy & lovely.:heart:
I would love to have this! It was in store but I resisted.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Surprise! (Fingertips L to R) MAC By Candlelight, MAC Extra Dimension Glorify, Betty Lou Manizer, Mary Lou Manizer

All sitting in my drawer. I see no need for the Becca...except that LE Blushed Copper is calling my name. It was not in store so no swatch. I'm wondering if I have a MSF close in shade? I do use the By Candlelight. Makes me feel pretty adding it as a finishing touch to date night makeup. So shopping in my collection kept me from going crazy...I still want the Dior. It would be the one high end super special addition. So pretty!:heart:

montREALady

Yea we do have similar highlighter tastes lol, and with that being said, u will absolutely love it! I found the shades very unique and that's tough for me honestly since discovering this thread lol!
Man, I haven't been in here in months. So sad that this new format is actually preventing people from participating. It's so painful via mobile. Anywho, I still haven't bought any of the ABH Palettes!! So proud of myself. I just bought the new Sonia Kashuk one from her Knockout Collection but it's crap so I'm returning it. Bought WnW Megaglo Illuminating Palette in Catwalk since it's $5, they reformulated the formula. I've been real low-key. Hahaha. Wait, I also bought Glo Up from Colourpop KaePop. Nothing pricey at all.

Any info on the Laura Mercier Illumine product up on Notdstrom? Is it a highlighter? Looks interesting!
Let me go look, is it still there? Yarah_Flower was telling me about some new LM highlighters coming out in July, Addiction, Seduction and Devotion. Need to see swatches. So mad that I missed the EL Summer Glow palette at Nordies and Yarah told me it was $30 by mistake on Macy's on Wednesday and she ordered it. Ugggh. Makeupbyjenise has some nice swatches on her IG, though I'm not sure the darker color will do much on me.

Icecaramellatte

Man, I haven't been in here in months. So sad that this new format is actually preventing people from participating. It's so painful via mobile. Anywho, I still haven't bought any of the ABH Palettes!! So proud of myself. I just bought the new Sonia Kashuk one from her Knockout Collection but it's crap so I'm returning it. Bought WnW Megaglo Illuminating Palette in Catwalk since it's $5, they reformulated the formula. I've been real low-key. Hahaha. Wait, I also bought Glo Up from Colourpop KaePop. Nothing pricey at all.

Let me go look, is it still there? Yarah_Flower was telling me about some new LM highlighters coming out in July, Addiction, Seduction and Devotion. Need to see swatches. So mad that I missed the EL Summer Glow palette at Nordies and Yarah told me it was $30 by mistake on Macy's on Wednesday and she ordered it. Ugggh. Makeupbyjenise has some nice swatches on her IG, though I'm not sure the darker color will do much on me.

Yes. It is really dead around here. I still haven't tried the ABH singles or highlighters yet but soon I think. I've been meaning to get the Kaepop collection. The eye/cheek products are my kind of colors. The lip colors look good on everyone I've seen but I don't know if that formula is for me.

@Ingenue tried the Bar of Gold the first time Charlotte Tilbury came out and hated it. You can find the post in one of the first posts in the Charlotte Tilbury thread. Since it has come out for the second time, I've wondered if it has been reformulated at all so I still haven't ruled it out. I just watched a youtube video on the MakeupGeek MannyMUA palette and the youtuber used the bar of gold and said she used it a lot but it was no big deal, and the color wasn't unique and the packaging was cardboard. Still curious though.

edit - Ooh I didn't see the video post above. Thanks.

Oh and the Laura Mercier items says its a blush but it looks like a highlighter to me and its in the baked formula so I'm super curious about it.

Last edited:

msvluvsmac

I tried the new LM highlighter/blush at Nordstrom yesterday and it's definitely a highlighter. It had a lot of glitter so it wasn't for me. I have Ritual and that's my favorite.

Shars

I tried the new LM highlighter/blush at Nordstrom yesterday and it's definitely a highlighter. It had a lot of glitter so it wasn't for me. I have Ritual and that's my favorite.

Wow. Thanks for confirming that. I'll ignore that one then as I don't need any more highlighters for right now.

montREALady

Yes. It is really dead around here. I still haven't tried the ABH singles or highlighters yet but soon I think. I've been meaning to get the Kaepop collection. The eye/cheek products are my kind of colors. The lip colors look good on everyone I've seen but I don't know if that formula is for me.

@Ingenue tried the Bar of Gold the first time Charlotte Tilbury came out and hated it. You can find the post in one of the first posts in the Charlotte Tilbury thread. Since it has come out for the second time, I've wondered if it has been reformulated at all so I still haven't ruled it out. I just watched a youtube video on the MakeupGeek MannyMUA palette and the youtuber used the bar of gold and said she used it a lot but it was no big deal, and the color wasn't unique and the packaging was cardboard. Still curious though.

edit - Ooh I didn't see the video post above. Thanks.

Oh and the Laura Mercier items says its a blush but it looks like a highlighter to me and its in the baked formula so I'm super curious about it.
The KaePop colors are nice. I didn't bother with the matte stuff and Chi. The blush looks nice but I have too many in that family. This was my first time trying any CP lip products, they're not bad, I guess like any other liquid lipstick...dry. I like their new Ultra Satins. Now that is a nice formula.

I can't get over that little cardboard box for $42! Makes no sense. Oh they're blushes?! The ones that look like Indiscretion? Interesting...

Latest posts