(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

Prettypackages

LOL
LALALALALALA I'm NOT listening!!!!! :rofl:

(Knowing my luck and given my impending low-to-no buy, probably fantastic, hahah. What glow kit did you have?)

I am so unmoved by this Becca collab. I regret buying that ashy old Champagne Pop in the first place and every beauty blogger gets massive Becca PR packages now, so I'm skeptical. Illamasqua has new Beyond Powders that look gorgeous.
View attachment 54287
ohhh I want to check these out. Who sells this brand now?
My Illamasqua powders should be here on Tuesday. The wait is KILLING me!!!
OMG, post swatches immediately! LOL

LANCOME is coming out with new highlighters soon
exciting!

GreenEyedAllie

I'm posting here and in Sephora. The JHxBecca Glow Palette (on MAC N1, Nars Terre Nueve, NARS Mont Blanc):

Blushes:

Rose Spritz, Amaretto, Pamplemousse

image.jpeg

Amaretto reads similar to NARS Madly on me but maybe a little darker and more brown/bronze.

Highlighters:

Prosecco Pop, Champagne Pop

image.jpeg

The differences are subtle for sure but slightly more pronounced in person. Prosecco is a deeper, more true gold where as Champagne is lighter and has pink tones. I barely touched Prosecco and I had hella glow, so be aware.

Overall verdict: I think the product quality is there from the 2 products I've used so far and how they all swatched. The sizes are pretty generous, I think. The packaging is cute and feels nice. The value is there and I'm happy to have it. Awesome for ladies who do not have a poop-ton of blushes and highlighters already, but for this that do, I imagine everything except maybe Rose Spritz is pretty dupable.

boschicka

ohhh I want to check these out. Who sells this brand now?
OMG, post swatches immediately! LOL

My Illamasqua powders came today!!! They feel dry and don't swatch very nicely, but they apply so smoothly, like a metallic, shimmery dream. They are less metallic than the Dior glowing gardens highlighters, but they apply so much more nicely & effortlessly for me than those do.

I purchased mine from b-glowing when they had 20% off. The powders were available from Beauty Bay, but they seem to be sold out now.

ETA: just got an email that b-glowing is offering 25% off makeup

Last edited:

Jayjayy

Hahahaaaa! Exactly! It's ashy AF! I don't reach for it at all unless I make myself!

LMAO! I keep swatching it and putting it back in my drawer. It does look pretty on the back of my hand tho hahaha. When she releases the new shades as singles (inevitably) I'll take another peek.

My new favorite highlighters. Illamasqua Beyond Powders in Omg & Epic.
View attachment 54364

*drool* I want them both!! Do you know if they're LE? Dang $45 is expensive but the colors are beautiful! With the discount I think I'm gonna order them before I can talk myself out of it lol

Last edited:

montREALady

ohh I hope they make prosecco pop in regular packaging

im pretty sure they will. They always do stuff like that smh ahahahhaha

yes I'm hoping/counting on it :D I like the look of it damn I'm too weak for those golden highlighters lol

LMAO! I keep swatching it and putting it back in my drawer. It does look pretty on the back of my hand tho hahaha. When she releases the new shades as singles (inevitably) I'll take another peek.

*drool* I want them both!! Do you know if they're LE? Dang $45 is expensive but the colors are beautiful! With the discount I think I'm gonna order them before I can talk myself out of it lol

Apparently Jaclyn said they won't be releasing it as a single. We'll see I guess.

Prettypackages

thank you!!! You've convinced me as well.
My Illamasqua powders came today!!! They feel dry and don't swatch very nicely, but they apply so smoothly, like a metallic, shimmery dream. They are less metallic than the Dior glowing gardens highlighters, but they apply so much more nicely & effortlessly for me than those do.

I purchased mine from b-glowing when they had 20% off. The powders were available from Beauty Bay, but they seem to be sold out now.

ETA: just got an email that b-glowing is offering 25% off makeup

GreenEyedAllie

Apparently Jaclyn said they won't be releasing it as a single. We'll see I guess.

I'll believe it when I see it. She and Becca want those sweet, sweet dolla bills too much. They want to sell these, then convince die-hard fans and/or people who miss the palette that they need the single. That, or it will be re-released in even more LE palettes. Call me cynical.

I do not care for her, myself, from what little I've seen, but I do enjoy the products she's worked on with Becca, so :shrugs:

Jayjayy

I'll believe it when I see it. She and Becca want those sweet, sweet dolla bills too much. They want to sell these, then convince die-hard fans and/or people who miss the palette that they need the single. That, or it will be re-released in even more LE palettes. Call me cynical.

I do not care for her, myself, from what little I've seen, but I do enjoy the products she's worked on with Becca, so :shrugs:

Agree 100%. Becca gives out so much PR it's difficult for me to buy anything full price. We'll see how the stock looks during the next sale. I'm drowning in highlighters as it is!

Prettypackages

you know what, they'll come out with singles for pro kits. LOL

leonah

yeah they basically said that before and then they released both pearl and champagne pop as perm singles.. we will see after the hype is starting to tone down that's usually when they hit with the singles instead to hype it up once again

ARmakeupjunkie

Here a pics of the exterior and interior packaging of the new Anastasia Beverly Hills Sundipped Glow Kit. The official in store release date is June 16th but some people have reportedly found the kit available for purchase already at Macy's (like @blankasalazarxo who provided the pics below) and Ulta. Although I resisted purchasing the other two Glow Kits for a long time, I caved and bought both and don't regret it so I'll have to have this kit too, lol. I'm actually more excited about this kit than I was the other ones. Are any of you ladies getting it?

13183303_1137590189626856_1733976091_n.jpg

13256559_229240520788283_2064052660_n.jpg

I have no interest in the other two ABH Glow Kits but this one seems to be calling my name. Thanks for the pic!

I'm posting here and in Sephora. The JHxBecca Glow Palette (on MAC N1, Nars Terre Nueve, NARS Mont Blanc):

Blushes:

Rose Spritz, Amaretto, Pamplemousse

View attachment 54314

Amaretto reads similar to NARS Madly on me but maybe a little darker and more brown/bronze.

Highlighters:

Prosecco Pop, Champagne Pop

View attachment 54315

The differences are subtle for sure but slightly more pronounced in person. Prosecco is a deeper, more true gold where as Champagne is lighter and has pink tones. I barely touched Prosecco and I had hella glow, so be aware.

Overall verdict: I think the product quality is there from the 2 products I've used so far and how they all swatched. The sizes are pretty generous, I think. The packaging is cute and feels nice. The value is there and I'm happy to have it. Awesome for ladies who do not have a poop-ton of blushes and highlighters already, but for this that do, I imagine everything except maybe Rose Spritz is pretty dupable.

ohh I hope they make prosecco pop in regular packaging

Prosecco Pop is really the only reasons I want this palette so it would be great if they made it in regular packaging. I love Champagne Pop but I know with my rather large highlight collection, the chances of ever needing a second one are slim. The blushes don't really interest me so I can't decide if I should spend the money just to get the one highlighter. Thanks for the swatches!

View attachment 54364

These look so pretty. May need to purchase because a girl can never have too many highlighters. LOL! Thanks for the pic!

boschicka

Sorry, I don't know if they're limited edition. 25% off is a sweet discount for sure.

I picked up two colors of the Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder. I have candlelight and have been wanting starlight, but when I went to grab that one, I saw there's a new THIRD color in sunlight. So now I'll have all three!

BrittLuvsMakeup

yeah they basically said that before and then they released both pearl and champagne pop as perm singles.. we will see after the hype is starting to tone down that's usually when they hit with the singles instead to hype it up once again

They also rereleased Blushed Copper but as a blush, lol. I personally think they're going to make Prosecco Pop permanent as well once the face palette sells out and the Jaclyn Hill fans start complaining about missing out on the palette in the review section, lol.

I am so unmoved by this Becca collab. I regret buying that ashy old Champagne Pop in the first place and every beauty blogger gets massive Becca PR packages now, so I'm skeptical. Illamasqua has new Beyond Powders that look gorgeous.
View attachment 54287

I didn't bother since I don't really care for CPop and didn't want a palette with it in it. I also wanted to see more swatches on WOC and of course the day after the pre-release I saw a good one on IG. So I have until the official release to decide if I want it. Though Jeffree is launching his highlighters the day before so we'll see. Lol.

I'm sorry to hear that you ladies don't like the Champagne Pops you purchased. I wouldn't consider it my favorite Becca highlighter but I think it looks nice on darker skin tones when applied lightly. I wore it yesterday (I put on too much though and had to blend it out for a while to get it to look more subtle) and my mother thought it looked nice so I think I'm going to get the palette since I do want to get it for Prosecco Pop and the blushes.

View attachment 54364

Those look gorgeous! I might have to check them out!

BrittLuvsMakeup

I posted this in the BECCA Cosmetics thread but wanted to post here just in case anyone was interested. Here are swatches of the BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Face and Eyeshadow Palettes, respectively, courtesy of @thefancyface on instagram (I know the eyeshadow palette pic doesn't technically belong in this thread but I included it for convenience should anyone want to see the eyeshadow palette as well without having to look in both threads to see a picture of both palettes:

13256561_227617260956317_410905653_n.jpg

13267514_241170336246460_395481119_n.jpg

Latest posts