ColourPop

bunnypoet

It's interesting, of my 4 orders in the last month or so-- none have come shattered. They come in boxes with a ton of padding. And I live in a hot climate (Florida summers, woo!)

I have one on the way, we'll see how it shows up. Maybe it's how the USPS handles them? Mine come so well packed that even if I shake the box I can't hear movement of the items.
+1. I don't want to jinx things, but I've placed about 7 orders or so with them, and none of my items arrived shattered or damaged. I live about 50 miles from the distribution center though, so the travel time is shorter via USPS. And as you said, my boxes are well packaged with the foam padding all around the products.

Vineetha

Mine came in tact and I'm even wondering how they can even shatter if not because they're dry or have dried out? I mean it's so cushiony I can't even imagine it cracking. My box came with foam wrapping, no bubble wrap or anything else. I even told hubby to be careful when picking up that package and not to man-handle it because I kept seeing people saying their stuff arrived broken. I kind of opened the box with one eye open thinking I'd see a mess. Nope.
Haha I know !! It looks quite sturdy though in reality it shatters easily!! I have had few of my orders come shattered!! The brand has been good with sending out replacements though!! I did mail them about the shadow but haven't heard back yet!! Considering it was the free shadow I don't feel inclined to push either!! As mentioned I have had issues with the envelope shipping too!! Probably not the best way to ship considering the lack of proper cushion!!
19a0f347_image.jpeg

MissElle12

+1. I don't want to jinx things, but I've placed about 7 orders or so with them, and none of my items arrived shattered or damaged. I live about 50 miles from the distribution center though, so the travel time is shorter via USPS. And as you said, my boxes are well packaged with the foam padding all around the products.
This is what I don't understand. Common sense would tell you that if the package is going to further than the West coast region, ship it in the box instead of the envelope to prevent any damage to the products. Save the envelopes for customers who are in the same state and/or region. It seems like they send the products in envelopes far and wide to save on shipping costs...but it costs in the long run to ALL of us if they keep sending out free replacements for damaged products due to those shoddy shipping envelopes.

montREALady

Haha I know !! It looks quite sturdy though in reality it shatters easily!! I have had few of my orders come shattered!! The brand has been good with sending out replacements though!! I did mail them about the shadow but haven't heard back yet!! Considering it was the free shadow I don't feel inclined to push either!! As mentioned I have had issues with the envelope shipping too!! Probably not the best way to ship considering the lack of proper cushion!!
19a0f347_image.jpeg
So weird! Doesn't seem to make sense in terms of the laws of Physics! :rofl: Don't they try to tell people to fix it themselves though?

Rinstar

I didn't even know they used envelopes! That sounds like a terrible idea, unless there is a TON of bubble wrap surrounding the products. I have always placed larrrrrrge orders that need a box
blush-anim-cl.gif

Rebby Writer

Me when I see broken shadows.

I am glad that I have not experienced anything bad with colourpop shipping but I have had one shadow in a palette break and completely come out of the pan. I dropped my Tasty highlight and I swear, the sounds that came out of me were only what my dogs could hear. lol

jenise

It's not so much the shipping/packaging, but the nature of the product itself. It happened to MAC's Electric Cool shadows too.
Yeah but since the product is so fragile they need to improve their packaging! My last box was ridiculous with all shadows in it shattered but the replacement box they shipped to me had extra padding and fragile stickers all over it and it came fine. They should eliminate the envelopes completely if they're shipping shadows and always put extra padding in the boxes!!

bunnypoet

This is what I don't understand. Common sense would tell you that if the package is going to further than the West coast region, ship it in the box instead of the envelope to prevent any damage to the products. Save the envelopes for customers who are in the same state and/or region. It seems like they send the products in envelopes far and wide to save on shipping costs...but it costs in the long run to ALL of us if they keep sending out free replacements for damaged products due to those shoddy shipping envelopes.
I definitely agree. There is too much tossing envelopes around during the USPS transit. My last few orders have all been housed in cardboard boxes rather than in shipping envelopes (regardless of size of order), so maybe they will be shifting over to all boxes soon? That definitely will be less costly than sending out replacements, especially in the long run (by maintaining a higher degree of customer service and retention).

dgeorge29

Thank you Rinstar. I have Bandit as transition, Farrah from the Megan Naik collection on my lid, and a combination of Hammered and Coastal Scents Copper Penny in the centre of my lid. The combination is what I hope Nillionaire would look like ;-)

Icecaramellatte

I was about to rave about my order but I'm annoyed. I ordered a shadow and paid for a shadow. They did not send the shadow with my order. They told me it is out of stock and will not send it when it comes back in stock yet will not issue a refund. They are only offering a gift card. Sounds like a strange business practice.

Latest posts