ColourPop

laurennnxox

I placed my order Tuesday during the 20% off sale and just got my package. AND it came in a box like they used to send, instead of shoved inside a mailing envelope. My faith in Colourpop might just be restored :cool:

Oh wow, I haven't gotten a box from them in a really long time. My order from last week came in a mailer. My order from the metallic launch arrives tomorrow so we'll see how it's packaged! I got all 4 + 4 lip liners. They'll prob still try to shove it in a lame envelope.

laurennnxox

I got my order yesterday, and have had a little bit of time to play around with the 4 metals and swatch them.

My initial impression is that I like them. The colors are really nice, wearable shades. Not too frosty. They're a bit glittery versus sheen/metallic. Kween has the most glitter, with Man Eater and Zebra having the least. I have to say, I'm a little glad they only released 4. I am hoping they'll tweak the formula a little bit. I am glad they are not Ultra Mattes, because CP's formula dries the shit out of my lips. They're pretty comfortable, but the texture is a little odd. Nothing to keep me from wearing them. I'll try it with MAC's lip primer underneath out of curiosity. It's a drier, mousse-like formula. When I first pulled the wand out, there was barely any product on it. With a little shaking of the tube and trying again, it was fine. It looks clumpy and odd on the wand, and I was concerned. But it applied smoothly. I didn't have a problem getting pretty clean lines without a lipliner. They weren't streaky at all, but a little sheer. They are not 1-swipe full pigment. Two passes made them completely opaque. I actually don't mind this, because they would probably look neat layered over a bunch of different liners, but also have the ability to be opaque themselves.

I haven't worn them for an extended amount of time, just for lip swatches. They have a bit of lasting power, as it took a little bit of rubbing with bioderma to get them off. Nothing too crazy though, definitely similar to Ultra Satin. I would say that the glitter in them makes them a liiiitle bit gritty, but again, I wasn't harshly put off by it. I think the only shade I would worry about wearing off and leaving glitter on the lips would be Kween. I'm going to keep playing with them to see how I feel! I seriously love each color though!

These photos were all taken facing a window, but it was closing in on 6:00pm, so the lighting is a bit warm, but I feel they're pretty close to true color. The arm swatch picture shows off how metallic they look.

PS, sorry for the overload of my face. It always helps me to see lip-swatches and compare them with arm-swatches.

Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 1.02.52 PM.png View attachment 54992
View attachment 54993 View attachment 54994
Left to right, top row: 3-way, kween,
Left to right, bottom row: zebra, man eater

View attachment 54995
Top to Bottom: Man eater, zebra, kween, 3-way. Sorry for the messy swatches lol. I was clearly very excited to open these up. :eek:

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

I got my order yesterday, and have had a little bit of time to play around with the 4 metals and swatch them.

My initial impression is that I like them. The colors are really nice, wearable shades. Not too frosty. They're a bit glittery versus sheen/metallic. Kween has the most glitter, with Man Eater and Zebra having the least. I have to say, I'm a little glad they only released 4. I am hoping they'll tweak the formula a little bit. I am glad they are not Ultra Mattes, because CP's formula dries the shit out of my lips. They're pretty comfortable, but the texture is a little odd. Nothing to keep me from wearing them. I'll try it with MAC's lip primer underneath out of curiosity. It's a drier, mousse-like formula. When I first pulled the wand out, there was barely any product on it. With a little shaking of the tube and trying again, it was fine. It looks clumpy and odd on the wand, and I was nervous. But it applied smoothly. I didn't have a problem getting pretty clean lines without a lipliner. They weren't streaky at all, but a little sheer. They are not 1-swipe full pigment. Two passes made them completely opaque. I actually don't mind this, because they would probably look neat layered over a bunch of different liners, but also have the ability to be opaque themselves.

I haven't worn them for an extended amount of time, just for lip swatches. They have a bit of lasting power, as it took a little bit of rubbing with bioderma to get them off. Nothing too crazy though, definitely similar to Ultra Satin. I would say that the glitter in them makes them a liiiitle bit gritty, but again, I wasn't harshly put off by it. I think the only shade I would worry about wearing off and leaving glitter on the lips would be Kween. I'm going to keep playing with them to see how I feel! I seriously love each color though!

These photos were all taken facing a window, but it was closing in on 6:00pm, so the lighting is a bit warm, but I feel they're pretty close to true color. The arm swatch picture shows off how metallic they look.

PS, sorry for the overload of my face. It always helps me to see lip-swatches and compare them with arm-swatches.

View attachment 54991 View attachment 54992

View attachment 54995
Top to Bottom: Man eater, zebra, kween, 3-way. Sorry for the messy swatches lol. I was clearly very excited to open these up. :eek:

Thanks for the awesome review! I'm excited to get mine, and you certainly make me want Man Eater...looks too cute on you! I find that this weird texture is pretty normal for glittery/metallic liquid lips that I've tried. My JSC Hoe Hoe Hoe is the same way, but it does apply fine once it's on. I agree it's disconcerting, though.

laurennnxox

Thanks for the awesome review! I'm excited to get mine, and you certainly make me want Man Eater...looks too cute on you! I find that this weird texture is pretty normal for glittery/metallic liquid lips that I've tried. My JSC Hoe Hoe Hoe is the same way, but it does apply fine once it's on. I agree it's disconcerting, though.

No prob! and thanks, :) Man Eater is likely my favorite out of the bunch. For my collection, it's the most unique. Plus the least "glittery." Don't get me wrong though, I looove glitter. So I do like these, and can't wait to get more shade when they do release them!

Yeah at first, looking at the wand, I was thought it was not going to be good. It applied fine! Temptalia has reviews for them as well. Though I don't often go by her site anymore, I was interested to find she gave them decent marks. (3-way: B, Kween: B+, Man Eater: A-, Zebra: A) For some reason I had a feeling she wouldn't have. Not like I really pay attention to that anymore. :rolleyes:

I hope you like yours!!

Jayjayy

My initial impression is that I like them. The colors are really nice, wearable shades. Not too frosty. They're a bit glittery versus sheen/metallic. Kween has the most glitter, with Man Eater and Zebra having the least. I have to say, I'm a little glad they only released 4. I am hoping they'll tweak the formula a little bit. I am glad they are not Ultra Mattes, because CP's formula dries the shit out of my lips. They're pretty comfortable, but the texture is a little odd. Nothing to keep me from wearing them. I'll try it with MAC's lip primer underneath out of curiosity. It's a drier, mousse-like formula. When I first pulled the wand out, there was barely any product on it. With a little shaking of the tube and trying again, it was fine. It looks clumpy and odd on the wand, and I was nervous. But it applied smoothly. I didn't have a problem getting pretty clean lines without a lipliner. They weren't streaky at all, but a little sheer. They are not 1-swipe full pigment. Two passes made them completely opaque. I actually don't mind this, because they would probably look neat layered over a bunch of different liners, but also have the ability to be opaque themselves.

View attachment 54995

Great review!!!! Your skin is like butta honey...I'm jealous :) Do they build nicely on the lips without bunching? I'm a little worried that my pigmented lips will show through a lot

laurennnxox

Great review!!!! Your skin is like butta honey...I'm jealous :) Do they build nicely on the lips without bunching? I'm a little worried that my pigmented lips will show through a lot

Aw thank you!

& I'd say, yes. They built up well. I was able to do two layers and it didn't look bad. I have casper lips, so they were nearly opaque after one layer but a little bit of lip peeked through. Also, I would say all of those swatches in my post are built up at least two layers! It didn't bunch or clump up at all.

shontay07108

My initial impression is that I like them. The colors are really nice, wearable shades. Not too frosty. They're a bit glittery versus sheen/metallic. Kween has the most glitter, with Man Eater and Zebra having the least. I have to say, I'm a little glad they only released 4. I am hoping they'll tweak the formula a little bit. I am glad they are not Ultra Mattes, because CP's formula dries the shit out of my lips. They're pretty comfortable, but the texture is a little odd. Nothing to keep me from wearing them. I'll try it with MAC's lip primer underneath out of curiosity. It's a drier, mousse-like formula. When I first pulled the wand out, there was barely any product on it. With a little shaking of the tube and trying again, it was fine. It looks clumpy and odd on the wand, and I was concerned. But it applied smoothly. I didn't have a problem getting pretty clean lines without a lipliner. They weren't streaky at all, but a little sheer. They are not 1-swipe full pigment. Two passes made them completely opaque. I actually don't mind this, because they would probably look neat layered over a bunch of different liners, but also have the ability to be opaque themselves.

View attachment 54995

Beautiful, Lauren!

My box just shipped and it's annoying, but I expected as much. I ordered all except 3-way. Can't wait to get my hands on them.

KGeezy

Ordered Kween and Man Eater as soon as 6PM hit. The other 2 shipped today as wel . I can't wait til all 4 get here ??????

GreenEyedAllie

Ugh. Bummed that I missed out on Man Eater AGAIN. Swimming lessons for the little one. I was so excited when they accidentally sent the restock email early, but no dice. Next time!

laurennnxox

Did anyone get Churro? xD Or is anyone taking advantage of the lipgloss promo (if it's still up, haven't checked)?

I'm just going to wait until the full launch comes out. I've placed two CP orders in the last week. So I really have nothing else to buy. and I don't wanna just buy random stuff for the promo.

I was able to nab Churro! I got my confirmation email instantly. I've been touched by luck lately with launches. So many people looked pissed. :(

GreenEyedAllie

I'm just going to wait until the full launch comes out. I've placed two CP orders in the last week. So I really have nothing else to buy. and I don't wanna just buy random stuff for the promo.

I was able to nab Churro! I got my confirmation email instantly. I've been touched by luck lately with launches. So many people looked pissed. :(

Yay for you! You really have been lucky, lately! I just wasn't super excited about it...was debating it anyway, haha. You'll have to let us know if it was worth the hype.

I was unhappy because their initial IG posts were extremely snarky and condescending, IMO. Honestly, based off what I've seen on Snap, these ladies come across as mean girls and valley girls. My guess is they were laughing their adorable asses off at how they pulled one on everyone. Or maybe I'm wrong and just an old.

I also hate how mean-spirited this strategy of marketing is. It takes a lot longer to plan and manufacture than they were pretending, and that comment about 'begging the lab' or whatever was just one giant eye roll. The lab doesn't control what's made! They do what they're told, lol. I think there's going to be a big to-do about how they were able to produce more (still limited!) and the other two highlighters also...as if it wasn't completely planned like this from the beginning. I could be wrong. We'll see.

laurennnxox

Yay for you! You really have been lucky, lately! I just wasn't super excited about it...was debating it anyway, haha. You'll have to let us know if it was worth the hype.

I was unhappy because their initial IG posts were extremely snarky and condescending, IMO. Honestly, based off what I've seen on Snap, these ladies come across as mean girls and valley girls. My guess is they were laughing their adorable asses off at how they pulled one on everyone. Or maybe I'm wrong and just an old.

I also hate how mean-spirited this strategy of marketing is. It takes a lot longer to plan and manufacture than they were pretending, and that comment about 'begging the lab' or whatever was just one giant eye roll. The lab doesn't control what's made! They do what they're told, lol. I think there's going to be a big to-do about how they were able to produce more (still limited!) and the other two highlighters also...as if it wasn't completely planned like this from the beginning. I could be wrong. We'll see.

Maybe I should go buy some scratch-off tickets or powerball numbers, LMAO! But, weirdly, 10 minutes after I got churro. I ended up with very sudden, excruciating pains in my side and ended up in the hospital. I'm fine now. Apparently a super tiny kidney stone (first one, and would NEVER wish it on my worst enemy.) It was a really rough night, but it passed this morning. I'm shocked something so tiny could leave someone doubled over in tears from pain. Yuck!

But when I was sitting at the hospital on the IV / Pain Killers, waiting for my results from the CAT Scan, I looked at my boyfriend and was like "well at least I got churro." And he was like... huh? LOL. :rofl:

I don't get the vibe that they're mean girls. But yes, typical "valley" girls for sure. I'm not a huge fan of them. I get the feeling that they're just SC personalities or some type of employee who doesn't have much say. I feel like they might be more on the social media side of marketing and creating hype. I doubt they're the ones creating shades or deciding the amount they make/sell. That's where I think the stupid "beg the lab" comment came from. Still made me roll my eyes. Also, I don't really understand how they went from "vote ANY combo of our shades" to "here are three options" so soon. I feel like they already had those three planned. And gave people the illusion of voting, because earlier they asked around the office what girls' "three fave shades were." So I feel like people didn't really come up with unique combo and stemmed their ideas from the SC ones. Plus, it looked super easy and quick to make those tye-dye. They could have held off a few days, or a week, and actually produced all three or a bunch of Churro. The process just seemed.... too fast to be legit. Maybe that's why it *did* sell out so fast.

The thing that rubbed me wrong the most was "wow can't believe we sold out in 1 min!" ......lol really? You knew how much hype you created + how much stock you had.

I am loving their new website though. All of my shipping/billing info pre-loaded and I checked out with paypal. I was in/out in seconds. It helped me nab the metallics last week too.

I hope it's good. When they were first released, I ordered like 8 of their highlights. I passed them on to my sister now. I didn't like cream products then and they were a little fussy and half the time I'd forget to put them on before setting my whole face with powder. But now I'm into cream stuff, especially layered under some powder stuff. Gives me some extra staying power in this heat! While it's a super basic color, I am hoping they make the purple one. It would be an easy and cheap way for me to test out a lavender type highlight before spending $29 on JSC's future Lavender Snow shade. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

Maybe I should go buy some scratch-off tickets or powerball numbers, LMAO! But, weirdly, 10 minutes after I got churro. I ended up with very sudden, excruciating pains in my side and ended up in the hospital. I'm fine now. Apparently a super tiny kidney stone (first one, and would NEVER wish it on my worst enemy.) It was a really rough night, but it passed this morning. I'm shocked something so tiny could leave someone doubled over in tears from pain. Yuck!

But when I was sitting at the hospital on the IV / Pain Killers, waiting for my results from the CAT Scan, I looked at my boyfriend and was like "well at least I got churro." And he was like... huh? LOL. :rofl:

I don't get the vibe that they're mean girls. But yes, typical "valley" girls for sure. I'm not a huge fan of them. I get the feeling that they're just SC personalities or some type of employee who doesn't have much say. I feel like they might be more on the social media side of marketing and creating hype. I doubt they're the ones creating shades or deciding the amount they make/sell. That's where I think the stupid "beg the lab" comment came from. Still made me roll my eyes. Also, I don't really understand how they went from "vote ANY combo of our shades" to "here are three options" so soon. I feel like they already had those three planned. And gave people the illusion of voting, because earlier they asked around the office what girls' "three fave shades were." So I feel like people didn't really come up with unique combo and stemmed their ideas from the SC ones. Plus, it looked super easy and quick to make those tye-dye. They could have held off a few days, or a week, and actually produced all three or a bunch of Churro. The process just seemed.... too fast to be legit. Maybe that's why it *did* sell out so fast.

The thing that rubbed me wrong the most was "wow can't believe we sold out in 1 min!" ......lol really? You knew how much hype you created + how much stock you had.

I am loving their new website though. All of my shipping/billing info pre-loaded and I checked out with paypal. I was in/out in seconds. It helped me nab the metallics last week too.

I hope it's good. When they were first released, I ordered like 8 of their highlights. I passed them on to my sister now. I didn't like cream products then and they were a little fussy and half the time I'd forget to put them on before setting my whole face with powder. But now I'm into cream stuff, especially layered under some powder stuff. Gives me some extra staying power in this heat! While it's a super basic color, I am hoping they make the purple one. It would be an easy and cheap way for me to test out a lavender type highlight before spending $29 on JSC's future Lavender Snow shade. :rolleyes:

OH MY GOD I'M DYING!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::hehe::hehe::hahaha::hahaha::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

And yeah, I agree...website awesome, shades pre-made, and YAASS on the purple one. PS-Got my On the Low's yesterday, and it's total love....I will cut someone to get the gold High Key's. Not really.

(But yes, I will cut someone)

laurennnxox

OH MY GOD I'M DYING!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::hehe::hehe::hahaha::hahaha::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

And yeah, I agree...website awesome, shades pre-made, and YAASS on the purple one. PS-Got my On the Low's yesterday, and it's total love....I will cut someone to get the gold High Key's. Not really.

(But yes, I will cut someone)

LOL! Obviously my priorities are in the right place. :p

Ahhhhh! I'm glad you like them! My two pairs STILL aren't here. :mad: I was hoping they'd be here for the long weekend. Nope. They're getting delivered this Tuesday. I won't be ordering from Quay's website ever again. It took a week to process/ship, and a week to mail? Ugh, UPS ground is soooo slloooowww. I don't mind when it's free like when I order from Nordies-- but I paid for shipping!

I hope you get the HKs. Nordstrom shooooooooould be getting them online soon. UO too. I'm surprised White Fox launched already, even though Desi and Quay are telling everyone 7/5. So maybe keep an eye out these next few days. :)

Latest posts