ColourPop

laurennnxox

Finally got my sale order-- most was intact. Just as I feared, 2 of my gel liner pencils arrived totally broken. I opened them up and the whole pencil fell right out of the plastic. I'm disappointed in how cheap they are. In the last 4 orders I've made with eyeliner pencils in them, at least one or two has arrived broken. I will keep ordering shadows and lip products but I am done with liners. It's a shame because they're cool colors, but you get what you pay for I guess. They should either better the formula, or make the packaging better. The pencil is so slim, it must wiggle around and snap inside the packaging. This will be my 4th time emailing them for replacement pencils. I wonder how much they lose on shipping and replacing them. I can't be the only one with this problem.

montREALady

Finally got my sale order-- most was intact. Just as I feared, 2 of my gel liner pencils arrived totally broken. I opened them up and the whole pencil fell right out of the plastic. I'm disappointed in how cheap they are. In the last 4 orders I've made with eyeliner pencils in them, at least one or two has arrived broken. I will keep ordering shadows and lip products but I am done with liners. It's a shame because they're cool colors, but you get what you pay for I guess. They should either better the formula, or make the packaging better. The pencil is so slim, it must wiggle around and snap inside the packaging. This will be my 4th time emailing them for replacement pencils. I wonder how much they lose on shipping and replacing them. I can't be the only one with this problem.

You're not, I belong to a CP Facebook group and we discuss it there too. Great colors, crap quality. I have 4 and I think they're all broken.

BrittLuvsMakeup

You're not, I belong to a CP Facebook group and we discuss it there too. Great colors, crap quality. I have 4 and I think they're all broken.

I'm sorry to hear that you ladies have been having issues with your eyeliner pencils. They really need to work on quality control because there's no reason that customers should receive broken eyeliner pencils so often. I hope you ladies are able to get replacements with no problem if you haven't already contacted them to do so. When I contacted them about the damaged highlighter and eyeshadows recently, they responded quickly and sent out replacements with no problems so I hope the same can be done for you.

montREALady

The Jenn collab and Birthday Boy shadow launched this morning and it's been a sh*t show, an online queue to place your order and the closer you seem to get to the front of the line, they add more time! WTF?!

Jayjayy

The Jenn collab and Birthday Boy shadow launched this morning and it's been a sh*t show, an online queue to place your order and the closer you seem to get to the front of the line, they add more time! WTF?!

Who is Jenn? Forgive my ignorance lol.

BrittLuvsMakeup

After the sale debacle, you would think that they would be better prepared this time. Maybe they thought they wouldn't get as much traffic on their site since they aren't discounting anything, but they are giving out a free product and launching a new collection so they should have been better prepared. Fortunately when I placed my order, they didn't have the online queue but the website did keep crashing and I had to constantly refresh the page as I was trying to add items to my cart. When I went to check out though, I was able to do so with ease. I still haven't gotten an order confirmation email even though I placed my order over an hour ago but my order is showing in my order history and my Paypal email so I don't mind. What are you ordering? This is what I ended up getting:

Jenn Ne Sais Quad
Item# foursome-jennNeSaisQuad
$20.00 USD1$20.00 USD
Shop
Item# eyeshadow-shop
$5.00 USD1$5.00 USD
Partridge
Item# eyeshadow-partridge
$5.00 USD1$5.00 USD
Birthday Boy
Item# eyeshadow-BirthdayBoy

I'm not familiar with her, but I quickly checked out her instagram and youtube channel and it looks like she has over a million followers and subscribers, respectively, so I assume that she's just a popular vlogger/instagrammer who specializes in featuring clothes and makeup.

montREALady

After the sale debacle, you would think that they would be better prepared this time. Maybe they thought they wouldn't get as much traffic on their site since they aren't discounting anything, but they are giving out a free product and launching a new collection so they should have been better prepared. Fortunately when I placed my order, they didn't have the online queue but the website did keep crashing and I had to constantly refresh the page as I was trying to add items to my cart. When I went to check out though, I was able to do so with ease. I still haven't gotten an order confirmation email even though I placed my order over an hour ago but my order is showing in my order history and my Paypal email so I don't mind. What are you ordering? This is what I ended up getting:

Jenn Ne Sais Quad
Item# foursome-jennNeSaisQuad
$20.00 USD1$20.00 USD
Shop
Item# eyeshadow-shop
$5.00 USD1$5.00 USD
Partridge
Item# eyeshadow-partridge
$5.00 USD1$5.00 USD
Birthday Boy
Item# eyeshadow-BirthdayBoy

I'm not familiar with her, but I quickly checked out her instagram and youtube channel and it looks like she has over a million followers and subscribers, respectively, so I assume that she's just a popular vlogger/instagrammer who specializes in featuring clothes and makeup.
Yeah she's a blogger (Jenn Im) that I'm still not familiar with but there's been buzz about the collection for a minute now. I just got Dohee, I don't need anything else right now. I was going to get a primer (love it more than MAC's!) but I checked mine before placing the order and it's still super full. I'm not about hoarding if I don't need to. Lol.

laurennnxox

Meh. Theres nothing really that I want from CP other than Birthday Boy. I've basically finished up Birthday Girl and am SO sad. It was my favorite CP shade out of all the colors I have.

But taking like nearly 3 weeks for my order last time was just-- no. I'll spend my money elsewhere for now. It's seeming that CP is expanding too fast right now and they can't keep up. I have faith that they'll (eventually) figure it out, and I'll go back to ordering from them.

On a better note, my replacement liners shipped out before this launch (thank god) so it should be here in a few days.

GreenEyedAllie

Meh. Theres nothing really that I want from CP other than Birthday Boy. I've basically finished up Birthday Girl and am SO sad. It was my favorite CP shade out of all the colors I have.

But taking like nearly 3 weeks for my order last time was just-- no. I'll spend my money elsewhere for now. It's seeming that CP is expanding too fast right now and they can't keep up. I have faith that they'll (eventually) figure it out, and I'll go back to ordering from them.

On a better note, my replacement liners shipped out before this launch (thank god) so it should be here in a few days.

Understandable. Did they give you any trouble for the replacements?

I have this stupid thing where I can't pay for shipping. Like it causes me pain (I'm giving you the evil eye, Kylie! :mad:), so I bought the new quad and the ultra satin and liner to get birthday boy. I'm not excited about the products at all, smh. Could have bought one thing and saved $$, but no, my neurosis was too strong....hopefully the products perform!

laurennnxox

I have this stupid thing where I can't pay for shipping. Like it causes me pain (I'm giving you the evil eye, Kylie! :mad:), so I bought the new quad and the ultra satin and liner to get birthday boy. I'm not excited about the products at all, smh. Could have bought one thing and saved $$, but no, my neurosis was too strong....hopefully the products perform!

LOL I feel you about paying for shipping. That's why I threw the RCMA no color powder into my order on Beautylish yesterday.

I think.. i think I might skip on birthday boy. I have so many CP shadows that I should use. I don't reach for taupey colors for all over the lid and it looks a little darker than BG. Plus their "Queue" is 35 minutes and I'm just not feeling it after buying nearly the whole champagne collection (just minus the poured cream and obviously the OG Champagne pop)

What items did you pick up?

ETA: Also, they gave me no hassle about the replacements. :)

montREALady

Kylie's causes me physical pain. CP, I couldn't be bothered, their stuff is so cheap that if I tell myself I only want to spend $10 with them I get one thing, I pay the shipping and I'm done, lol. I sometimes don't even want to spend $30 with them at a time, lolll! BUT I'm pissed I forgot about wanting Hollywood Blvd. I haven't been paying attention to CP since that launch to realize that it restocked until after I placed my Dohee order today.

Jayjayy

Yeah she's a blogger (Jenn Im) that I'm still not familiar with but there's been buzz about the collection for a minute now. I just got Dohee, I don't need anything else right now. I was going to get a primer (love it more than MAC's!) but I checked mine before placing the order and it's still super full. I'm not about hoarding if I don't need to. Lol.

Ah okay, thanks! Everyone is famous nowadays so its hard to keep up hahaha. I ordered the set. I didn't need it, but I'm going to return an impulse buy from Sephora so I justified it . I really wanted a few shades from the MAC softserve collection but they're too sheer.

Shars

"Due to huge demand, orders may take an additional 14 business days to process."

Major eyeroll! They need to better anticipate their demand during these sales otherwise I'm going to just avoid them altogether!

BrittLuvsMakeup

I agree with you, no need to hoard products that are permanent or full, lol. Please let us know how you like Dohee!

I'm glad to hear that they sent out replacements with no problems and that they shipped out before today's launch. Who knows how long it would have taken to ship out if it got swept up in all of the orders placed today. I understand how you feel about wanting to back away from ordering from CP after waiting 3 weeks for an order to arrive and then having items arrive broken. I've come to dread the announcements of sales, big launches, and free shadow giveaways due to the crashing of the website and now these online queues. It becomes more of a hassle than it's worth.

I feel the same way you do, I hate paying for shipping. I always feel terrible when I do, lol. I'd rather spend more money on products to get free shipping rather than just get less and pay for the shipping, lol.

"Due to huge demand, orders may take an additional 14 business days to process."

Major eyeroll! They need to better anticipate their demand during these sales otherwise I'm going to just avoid them altogether!

I never received a confirmation email for my order but I'm disappointed that it's going to possibly take up to 14 business days to process. I understand that they are a small business that's expanded rather quickly, but after the last debacle, they should have been better prepared. Waiting 14 days for orders to process is way too long for any business these days. I'm not in a rush to get my order but I do think that's a long time.

Jayjayy

Whoa whoa, whoa I did NOT see that disclaimer!!! I'm cancelling my order...that's ridiculous! They need to put a big bold statement on the website.

Latest posts