ColourPop

GreenEyedAllie

I agree with you, no need to hoard products that are permanent or full, lol. Please let us know how you like Dohee!

I'm glad to hear that they sent out replacements with no problems and that they shipped out before today's launch. Who knows how long it would have taken to ship out if it got swept up in all of the orders placed today. I understand how you feel about wanting to back away from ordering from CP after waiting 3 weeks for an order to arrive and then having items arrive broken. I've come to dread the announcements of sales, big launches, and free shadow giveaways due to the crashing of the website and now these online queues. It becomes more of a hassle than it's worth.

I feel the same way you do, I hate paying for shipping. I always feel terrible when I do, lol. I'd rather spend more money on products to get free shipping rather than just get less and pay for the shipping, lol.

I never received a confirmation email for my order but I'm disappointed that it's going to possibly take up to 14 business days to process. I understand that they are a small business that's expanded rather quickly, but after the last debacle, they should have been better prepared. Waiting 14 days for orders to process is way too long for any business these days. I'm not in a rush to get my order but I do think that's a long time.

Whoa whoa, whoa I did NOT see that disclaimer!!! I'm cancelling my order...that's ridiculous! They need to put a big bold statement on the website.

I think they should have simply delayed this launch. Guess they felt like they couldn't because of the birthday aspect...but between them and KC, I think their manufacturing and shipping are beyond overwhelmed currently. Bad business.

Haven

I placed an order that was just enough to get the free product and free shipping. The delay makes me not want to order more. I also hate paying for shipping.

montREALady

I know someone whose order shipped. They don't seem to have a system. I also missed that disclaimer but saw when people were complaining about it during their sale. I think they're better off stating this in the beginning than just doing it and having pissed customers. I really could care less waiting for this order, as long as I get it. It's not like a hot limited release where I'm anxious to get it.

Jay, it's in bold in the email confirmation. Totally didn't even open mine, lollll.

montREALady

I think they should have simply delayed this launch. Guess they felt like they couldn't because of the birthday aspect...but between them and KC, I think their manufacturing and shipping are beyond overwhelmed currently. Bad business.

Someone in the CP FB group I'm in said they probably grouped Bday Boy with Jenn because she probably had no hype. I find that to make sense because I had no idea who she was, nor do I care. And that seems to be the consensus. I find her collection to be pretty stale. ColourPop Fun compared each of her shadow colors to the shadows in KaePop and aside from finish, they're pretty much identical. Yawwwn. :p

Shars

I agree with you, no need to hoard products that are permanent or full, lol. Please let us know how you like Dohee!

I'm glad to hear that they sent out replacements with no problems and that they shipped out before today's launch. Who knows how long it would have taken to ship out if it got swept up in all of the orders placed today. I understand how you feel about wanting to back away from ordering from CP after waiting 3 weeks for an order to arrive and then having items arrive broken. I've come to dread the announcements of sales, big launches, and free shadow giveaways due to the crashing of the website and now these online queues. It becomes more of a hassle than it's worth.

I feel the same way you do, I hate paying for shipping. I always feel terrible when I do, lol. I'd rather spend more money on products to get free shipping rather than just get less and pay for the shipping, lol.

I never received a confirmation email for my order but I'm disappointed that it's going to possibly take up to 14 business days to process. I understand that they are a small business that's expanded rather quickly, but after the last debacle, they should have been better prepared. Waiting 14 days for orders to process is way too long for any business these days. I'm not in a rush to get my order but I do think that's a long time.

Whoa whoa, whoa I did NOT see that disclaimer!!! I'm cancelling my order...that's ridiculous! They need to put a big bold statement on the website.

That's the thing. The disclaimer wasn't there before I ordered. I only saw that in my email. I definitely would not have ordered if I had known beforehand.

Jayjayy

Agree, they need to get their shit together. The crashes every launch should have taught them some lessons by now. And its not as if they don't have solid sales. I know it must be difficult to balance production levels with demand, but if they want to be a smaller company they should tone down the promotion.

I know someone whose order shipped. They don't seem to have a system. I also missed that disclaimer but saw when people were complaining about it during their sale. I think they're better off stating this in the beginning than just doing it and having pissed customers. I really could care less waiting for this order, as long as I get it. It's not like a hot limited release where I'm anxious to get it.

Jay, it's in bold in the email confirmation. Totally didn't even open mine, lollll.

Me either lol! I only thought to open it after seeing someone post on here! The colors are nice, but similar to the 50 other CP shadows I already have. And last year's birthday shadow was a glitter bomb. I'll wait a while and scrounge at the leftovers when the collection hype dies down

That's the thing. The disclaimer wasn't there before I ordered. I only saw that in my email. I definitely would not have ordered if I had known beforehand.

I sent an email proclaiming exactly that and they promptly cancelled my order. Paypal already shows the refund which is amazing. They know dang on well that 14 business day lag should've been on the checkout page.

GreenEyedAllie

Someone in the CP FB group I'm in said they probably grouped Bday Boy with Jenn because she probably had no hype. I find that to make sense because I had no idea who she was, nor do I care. And that seems to be the consensus. I find her collection to be pretty stale. ColourPop Fun compared each of her shadow colors to the shadows in KaePop and aside from finish, they're pretty much identical. Yawwwn. :p

Agree, they need to get their shit together. The crashes every launch should have taught them some lessons by now. And its not as if they don't have solid sales. I know it must be difficult to balance production levels with demand, but if they want to be a smaller company they should tone down the promotion.

Me either lol! I only thought to open it after seeing someone post on here! The colors are nice, but similar to the 50 other CP shadows I already have. And last year's birthday shadow was a glitter bomb. I'll wait a while and scrounge at the leftovers when the collection hype dies down

I sent an email proclaiming exactly that and they promptly cancelled my order. Paypal already shows the refund which is amazing. They know dang on well that 14 business day lag should've been on the checkout page.

And that, my dear friends, is why I also emailed to cancel and then placed a new order with what I really wanted (minus Alchemy, which was OOS by the time I received the cancellation notice)...and...GASP! I paid for shipping! So technically I guess I paid for Birthday Boy, but I don't mind, and I can feel good about spending less and fighting my OCD about shipping.

I don't mind waiting. It's not like I'm going to run out of shadows anytime before the next coming, but I DO very much think they should have stated that at check out in giant, bold letters like they did about not using promos.

They were very quick and responsive about cancelling, and for that, I really appreciate them.

Shars

Well at least they were good about the cancellation. Luckily I ordered things that I was lemming for a while but only ordered to get the birthday boy shadow so I'm not in a rush to get them. I expected a delay given their antics in the last few sales but not that kind of delay. They're lucky I've been trying to be in a good mood lol.

GreenEyedAllie

Well at least they were good about the cancellation. Luckily I ordered things that I was lemming for a while but only ordered to get the birthday boy shadow so I'm not in a rush to get them. I expected a delay given their antics in the last few sales but not that kind of delay. They're lucky I've been trying to be in a good mood lol.

They're lucky someone is because I swear I have been feeling super salty all freaking week, and all these mis-managed releases and delayed shipments are not helping.:mad: Hopefully, a holiday weekend will help! :cool:

slowlikehoney

I got my "ColourPop has scheduled your order for shipment" email just now. I don't know if it matters but I did happen to order before ColourPop created the waiting line on their website.

laurennnxox

I'm furious. My replacement liners came in the mail today. They came in a NON-padded type of cheap mailer. The boxes were absolutely smashed, with the liners coming out of the boxes. Oh, and guess what! Both liners were broken. I opened them up to try them out and the product fell out of the packaging. I am NOT happy. Why would they ship something that is obviously fragile in such a shitty mailer? Especially a replacement. I think I am done giving CP my money for a while. It can't be my USPS guy being a jerk with handling packages because nothing else has *ever* come broken from USPS. I don't know what to do. Email them again? At this point I just want a refund for both liners... I know they don't do refunds but I guess I can ask. This is stupid. Not to mention now it'll take like 2-3 weeks for my replacement since the Jenn collar and birthday boy debacle.

BrittLuvsMakeup

I'm sorry to hear that you're cancelling your order but I don't blame you for not wanting to wait so long. I agree that they should put a statement on the website whenever they are going to do promotions that they know are going to cause a delay in shipping. I didn't even get a email confirmation so I wouldn't have known that shipping could potentially take that long if Shars hadn't posted this information.

I think doing a new launch and a free product promotion is a disaster in the making because you have people who want to order from the new collection and then you have others who just want the free eyeshadow. They really need to find a solution to manufacture and ship products more quickly during times like these. It's going to take them some time but I hope they are really being really diligent about doing so. If this keeps happening, they may lose customers.

Thanks for letting us know that orders have already started being shipped. This is quick for them, even when they're isn't a major promotion going on, lol. I checked my order status on their website not too long ago and my order shipped as well. I never received a shipping confirmation, just like I never received an order confirmation, lol.

I personally think that's a plausible reason for why they grouped up the free eyeshadow with Jenn's promotion. I saw many people on IG stating that they had no idea who she was. I guess they chose to work with her because she has a large following on Youtube and Instagram but that may not exactly translate to sales since her instagram (from what I can tell) mainly focuses on clothes more than makeup (which her followers might be more interested in).

I got my "ColourPop has scheduled your order for shipment" email just now. I don't know if it matters but I did happen to order before ColourPop created the waiting line on their website.

My order was shipped as well. I'm pleasantly surprised that they shipped so quickly. I hope this is a sign that they are improving on their shipping time yet just giving themselves some leeway with the originally shipping time they quoted.

I'm furious. My replacement liners came in the mail today. They came in a NON-padded type of cheap mailer. The boxes were absolutely smashed, with the liners coming out of the boxes. Oh, and guess what! Both liners were broken. I opened them up to try them out and the product fell out of the packaging. I am NOT happy. Why would they ship something that is obviously fragile in such a shitty mailer? Especially a replacement. I think I am done giving CP my money for a while. It can't be my USPS guy being a jerk with handling packages because nothing else has *ever* come broken from USPS. I don't know what to do. Email them again? At this point I just want a refund for both liners... I know they don't do refunds but I guess I can ask. This is stupid. Not to mention now it'll take like 2-3 weeks for my replacement since the Jenn collar and birthday boy debacle.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're replacements arrived damaged. I'm surprised that they shipped them in such flimsy packaging. I don't blame you for wanting to step away from CP for awhile after repeatedly received damaged items. I personally think you should email them again to make them aware of this situation. Maybe if they receive so many complaints, they'll feel more inclined to improve. Because not only can they lose potential customers for this, they are losing money to by having to issue replacements when they can just improve the product and send them in adequate packaging.

montREALady

And that, my dear friends, is why I also emailed to cancel and then placed a new order with what I really wanted (minus Alchemy, which was OOS by the time I received the cancellation notice)...and...GASP! I paid for shipping! So technically I guess I paid for Birthday Boy, but I don't mind, and I can feel good about spending less and fighting my OCD about shipping.

I don't mind waiting. It's not like I'm going to run out of shadows anytime before the next coming, but I DO very much think they should have stated that at check out in giant, bold letters like they did about not using promos.

They were very quick and responsive about cancelling, and for that, I really appreciate them.

Omg Alchemy is amazing. Only thing I got from that launch on the first day. I'll have to back it up eventually. Wore it yesterday actually over a color from the Sweet Peach palette.
View attachment 54440

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

I'm furious. My replacement liners came in the mail today. They came in a NON-padded type of cheap mailer. The boxes were absolutely smashed, with the liners coming out of the boxes. Oh, and guess what! Both liners were broken. I opened them up to try them out and the product fell out of the packaging. I am NOT happy. Why would they ship something that is obviously fragile in such a shitty mailer? Especially a replacement. I think I am done giving CP my money for a while. It can't be my USPS guy being a jerk with handling packages because nothing else has *ever* come broken from USPS. I don't know what to do. Email them again? At this point I just want a refund for both liners... I know they don't do refunds but I guess I'm I can ask. This is stupid. Not to mention now it'll take like 2-3 weeks for my replacement since the Jenn collar and birthday boy debacle.

If they give you trouble, threaten to disputed the charge.

Omg Alchemy is amazing. Only thing I got from that launch on the first day. I'll have to back it up eventually. Wore it yesterday actually over a color from the Sweet Peach palette. View attachment 54440

You're making me lemming for it even more. Thanks, lol. Looks awesome on you, but I think you knew that. :)

montREALady

If they give you trouble, threaten to disputed the charge.

You're making me lemming for it even more. Thanks, lol. Looks awesome on you, but I think you knew that. :)
It is. I've worn it over a black and it's even more beautiful. May have put the pic in here but there's no way of me knowing anymore, lmao! Thanks btw, lol.

Oh this is the FB group I belong to, if you guys join and decide to post just tell them I sent you ;)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Colourpopfanatics

Haven

I asked them to cancel my order. It just burns me when a company takes my money and doesn't ship in a decent amount of time.

At least some companies like Nordstrom will not charge until they actually ship.

Off my mini soap box for now :soap::soap:

BrittLuvsMakeup

I just placed another order:

ProductTotal
Amaze × 1$5.00 USD
3 × 1$5.00 USD
Rex × 1$5.00 USD
Cricket × 1$5.00 USD
Bill × 1$5.00 USD
Monster × 1$8.00 USD
Birthday Boy × 1$0.00 USD

This is gonna be my last order with them for awhile as I basically have everything that I want for now. I'll probably just order the next time they have a promotion, which should be awhile, or if they announce a discontinuation of a product.

Latest posts