ColourPop

Aelann

I had just placed an order for some of the spring/summer collection on wed. I couldn't resist 20% off though, so I placed another order.
IMG_20160501_001214.jpg IMG_20160501_000557.jpg
I'll do some swatches of everything if you guys are interested.

Haven

I already placed one order, and now I am in line again just in case I think of anything else. I have issues LOL

soonari

Hi ladies, I just received my first Colourpop products... went a little crazy and got 8 ultra satin and 6 ultra matte lipsticks :hehe::hehe:

Have a couple of questions regarding the lipsticks. I have a few that look like it's dried up a little in the tube (can see very faint lines.) Is this normal? Seems ok though when I did a test application on my lips. Also, I have a few with the rims already stained on first opening. Again, is this normal? I'm not in the US so I had a 3rd party help to purchase for a fee and bring back the lipsticks to me so I am concerned the person opened some of the tubes without my knowledge...

GreenEyedAllie

Hi ladies, I just received my first Colourpop products... went a little crazy and got 8 ultra satin and 6 ultra matte lipsticks :hehe::hehe:

Have a couple of questions regarding the lipsticks. I have a few that look like it's dried up a little in the tube (can see very faint lines.) Is this normal? Seems ok though when I did a test application on my lips. Also, I have a few with the rims already stained on first opening. Again, is this normal? I'm not in the US so I had a 3rd party help to purchase for a fee and bring back the lipsticks to me so I am concerned the person opened some of the tubes without my knowledge...

Check out Temptalia's first reviews of the ultra mattes. One of her biggest complaints was that product sometimes leaked out, so I don't think I would worry about the stained rims.

dash4

I just got an email from CP stating "Due to the high demand, orders may take an additional 14 business days to process".

It has already been 5 days since I ordered and I was wondering what the hold up was... now I might have to wait for another 14 BUSINESS DAYS before it even ships? That is a little excessive, no? lol.

How did you know your place in line? I just have "more than one hour".

Oh gosh! I just got this.. I am so sorry.. it did say on the screen what number I was.

soonari

Check out Temptalia's first reviews of the ultra mattes. One of her biggest complaints was that product sometimes leaked out, so I don't think I would worry about the stained rims.

Thanks Allie, I thought it was a similar issue but the tube doesn't appear to have been overfilled and there is no leakage/overflow so far so I'm not sure... well anyway thank goodness these lipsticks aren't expensive and the majority are fine so I am not/will try to not be too bothered.

montREALady

wait wait... I want in.. What collex is this?

Alchemy, Jaime King's that came out about a month ago.

I just got an email from CP stating "Due to the high demand, orders may take an additional 14 business days to process".

It has already been 5 days since I ordered and I was wondering what the hold up was... now I might have to wait for another 14 BUSINESS DAYS before it even ships? That is a little excessive, no? lol.

Oh gosh! I just got this.. I am so sorry.. it did say on the screen what number I was.
Yikes. I didn't order anything during the sale.

dash4

Alchemy, Jaime King's that came out about a month ago.

Yikes. I didn't order anything during the sale.

Honestly I only saved a few bucks by doing the 20% code VS the $5 coupon code.. I should have ordered before the sale to avoid the delay. Oh well.. I am not expecting my package to get here until mid-to-late May.. lol.. It is best to keep expectations low.

hitchcockblonde

Here are some swatches of lip products I got during the sale. I'm not sure why Cami showed up so dark on my arm swatch so there is a lip swatch of it that is more accurate. I did have on Chapstick when I applied it though, it isn't actually that glossy. I'm kind of pissed I missed out on Spritz ultra satin. I'm sure that isn't going to be restocked:(. image.jpeg

image.jpg

Icecaramellatte

I got my sale order. I bought the Kathleen Lights Night set, Wattles eyeshadow, Flower Shop eyeshadow, Safari Lippie Stix and Dream Catcher highlighter. I really like Dream Catcher. I wore it several time last week. I don't remember it being released and I don't know what collection it came out in but it must be a recent one. I wore Flower Shop yesterday and loved it as well. I thought it was more aqua though. It looked very green on my eyes but it may have been the green shirt I was wearing that was making it read more green. Love my haul order so far. I think I'll get the Jaimie King collection next time. I do wonder what happened to the sheer Lippie stix. They used to have more of them.

laurennnxox

My sale order *still* hasn't shipped. I'm hoping since it's the weekend I'll be finally getting my email notification in a day or two. But damn, that long for processing has me just going to other brands until they successfully expand.

shellygrrl

Staff member
They're super backed up and keep having to hire more staff in order to process orders because they get in so many.

BrittLuvsMakeup

I received my sale order today and unfortunately, two eyeshadows I purchased were damaged (Get Lucky and I Heart This). I just sent them an email with pictures. For anyone whose ever received a damaged item from Colourpop before, how did they resolve the issue? I read their FAQ section and it says that they send out replacements but will they require me to send the damage items back or do they just send the replacements and just tell the customer to keep the damaged items?

laurennnxox

I received my sale order today and unfortunately, two eyeshadows I purchased were damaged (Get Lucky and I Heart This). I just sent them an email with pictures. For anyone whose ever received a damaged item from Colourpop before, how did they resolve the issue? I read their FAQ section and it says that they send out replacements but will they require me to send the damage items back or do they just send the replacements and just tell the customer to keep the damaged items?

In the two instances I've received damaged products (both eye pencils) I sent them an email with a photo. They shipped me out new ones for free. However, I've heard mixed results about broken eyeshadows. I've heard they say you can just "press them back in shape." Don't settle for that. I dropped one of my own accord and tried to repress it, (I <3 this) and it was just never the same. So chunky and bleh.

I'm sorry some stuff arrived broken! I fear that is what will happen to my order too... if it ever ships lol.

GreenEyedAllie

In the two instances I've received damaged products (both eye pencils) I sent them an email with a photo. They shipped me out new ones for free. However, I've heard mixed results about broken eyeshadows. I've heard they say you can just "press them back in shape." Don't settle for that. I dropped one of my own accord and tried to repress it, (I <3 this) and it was just never the same. So chunky and bleh.

I'm sorry some stuff arrived broken! I fear that is what will happen to my order too... if it ever ships lol.

I had a lippie pencil arrive with the tip broken off but in a way that looked like it had been opened based on how the product had smeared. I just emailed customer service. It took several days for them to respond. They asked for a photo. I sent it. They told me, 'Good news! You can just fix it by sharpening it! XOXO.' I told them that I paid for an intact product, not a broken one and that given it looked used, I wouldn't use it in any case. I had to threaten to dispute the sale before someone said they would send a replacement. After that the replacement was sent quickly and arrived in perfect condition. They did not require me to send the damaged product back. I also left it to them to ask for that, but IMO it is not our responsibility to pay to ship a defective product back, and I have never had another company ask me to do that. If they want it back, they always pay. That is my only bad experience with CP; however, it is also my only return experience with CP.

BrittLuvsMakeup

I'm sorry to hear that you've received broken stuff before, but I'm glad that they sent you replacements for free. Hopefully when your order ships, everything will arrive in perfect condition (I understand that they're backed up but it's quite ridiculous that your order hasn't shipped yet). I've never received damaged items from them before so I was surprised to receive two in a single order. I'm hoping that there isn't a lack of quality control on their end in regards to the sale orders since they are probably trying to work as quickly as possible to get them all out. Although I'm sure the damage is fixable, I won't willingly settle for anything less than replacements or a refund because the damage doesn't even look like it was caused by poor handling during the shipment process (possibly Get Lucky was), especially the I Heart This eyeshadow. Thank you for sharing your experience and giving good advice on not settling, especially since I personally wouldn't be satisfied if they don't do their best to rectify the situation.

I had a lippie pencil arrive with the tip broken off but in a way that looked like it had been opened based on how the product had smeared. I just emailed customer service. It took several days for them to respond. They asked for a photo. I sent it. They told me, 'Good news! You can just fix it by sharpening it! XOXO.' I told them that I paid for an intact product, not a broken one and that given it looked used, I wouldn't use it in any case. I had to threaten to dispute the sale before someone said they would send a replacement. After that the replacement was sent quickly and arrived in perfect condition. They did not require me to send the damaged product back. I also left it to them to ask for that, but IMO it is not our responsibility to pay to ship a defective product back, and I have never had another company ask me to do that. If they want it back, they always pay. That is my only bad experience with CP; however, it is also my only return experience with CP.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry to hear that you received a damaged item and that you had to basically to threaten to dispute the sale in order for them to properly rectify the situation. I'm glad that you didn't settle for sharpening it when, like you said, you're supposed to receive an intact product, not one you have to fix in order to use it. I hope they respond and ship replacements in a timely manner without me having to resort to opening up a dispute, even though I'm willing to. I had another eyeshadow and a highlighter in this order as well that arrived in perfect condition so I shouldn't have to settle for any less with these two eyeshadows.

Last edited:

Latest posts