Liquid Lipstick thread

laurennnxox

Just wanna chime in on makeup monsters. I found this brand through insta and I gave them a try. It sucks. They have two new shades and they're kinda metallic. Maybe that skews the quality a bit, but they are not pigmented enough and just look weird, watered down. It has a mousse type texture and you can't feel it on at all which is good, but that's the only good thing honestly. Thankfully, they're not expensive so I don't have to be too upset. It just sucks to look forward to something that ultimately lets you down.

ahhh, oh no. I got Holy Grail in the mail yesterday, and have yet to try it on. It swatched nicely on my hand. I've always heard metallic LL's are never the same as plain mattes. Probably something to do with the glitter in the formula. I was happy with the shade, because it was the color I was hoping for when I got Trinket from sugarpill (which is way more brown since they reformulated. blech.) Hopefully I have a different experience. :(

pinkcrush

I just got two of the new Milani Amore Matte Lipcremes and both colors were fine... Maybe the cracking and peeling r subjective to certain shades... I know usually darker shades tend to crack more often like MAC High Drama, that one was just dreadful... I got a nude and a pink and both have been good so far... I'm scared to buy more tho since I got lucky!

shontay07108

ahhh, oh no. I got Holy Grail in the mail yesterday, and have yet to try it on. It swatched nicely on my hand. I've always heard metallic LL's are never the same as plain mattes. Probably something to do with the glitter in the formula. I was happy with the shade, because it was the color I was hoping for when I got Trinket from sugarpill (which is way more brown since they reformulated. blech.) Hopefully I have a different experience. :(

I hope you like yours. I didn't hesitate with the metallics because it seems to me that Dose of Colors was able to translate their great formula to metallics. I guess not everyone is on that level yet because those MM shades suck hard.

laurennnxox

I hope you like yours. I didn't hesitate with the metallics because it seems to me that Dose of Colors was able to translate their great formula to metallics. I guess not everyone is on that level yet because those MM shades suck hard.

I never did pick up the DOC trio, and am sorely regretting it. :( They looked beautiful, and I'm glad to hear they perform so well!

shontay07108

I never did pick up the DOC trio, and am sorely regretting it. :( They looked beautiful, and I'm glad to hear they perform so well!

I could've sworn I heard the would be available individually, but I guess that was for the other trio. It would make sense for them to rerelease it because metallics are the new wave now. Hopefully they will and you can get it because they perform exactly like their matte shades.

laurennnxox

I could've sworn I heard the would be available individually, but I guess that was for the other trio. It would make sense for them to rerelease it because metallics are the new wave now. Hopefully they will and you can get it because they perform exactly like their matte shades.

Oh I hope so! Or even if they put out new shades, I wouldn't be mad. :p I looove DOC's formula. I have been patiently waiting for Desert Suede to come back in stock.

Jayjayy

I just got two of the new Milani Amore Matte Lipcremes and both colors were fine... Maybe the cracking and peeling r subjective to certain shades... I know usually darker shades tend to crack more often like MAC High Drama, that one was just dreadful... I got a nude and a pink and both have been good so far... I'm scared to buy more tho since I got lucky!

I've heard that Milani reformulated them and the ones out now are different. I picked up quite a few shades months ago, and then 3 last week. My new 3 are definitely different than my older ones. More mousse-like. And they don't crack on my inner lip. The darker shades perform much better than the light ones!

Ahhh the DOC trio is bomb! Interestingly, they seem to have a shorter wear time for me than my regular shades. But that might have been the wine I was drinking at the party playing tricks on me :rolleyes:

laurennnxox

Update. Tried Holy Grail on the lips and it was awwwful. So patchy and streaky. I just couldn't get it to look nice. My lips were very exfoliated and moisturized. I'm noticing quite a few comments on their IG that agree to what you and I both experience. Luckily I only picked up this shade. I don't think I'll be ordering from them again.

shontay07108

Update. Tried Holy Grail on the lips and it was awwwful. So patchy and streaky. I just couldn't get it to look nice. My lips were very exfoliated and moisturized. I'm noticing quite a few comments on their IG that agree to what you and I both experience. Luckily I only picked up this shade. I don't think I'll be ordering from them again.

Omg I LOL'd. Not because I'm happy it didn't work for you, but I just wanted to know I wasn't alone. I haven't had this big of a makeup fail in a minute. What trash. I got two, but like I said before they aren't super expensive so I'll live. No more MM for us.

laurennnxox

Omg I LOL'd. Not because I'm happy it didn't work for you, but I just wanted to know I wasn't alone. I haven't had this big of a makeup fail in a minute. What trash. I got two, but like I said before they aren't super expensive so I'll live. No more MM for us.

LOL! You're definitely not alone. and I agree. It wasn't a devastating loss, but I'll take my money elsewhere from now on.

novocainedreams

Just curious if you shook the bottle before applying, sometimes they need to be shaken before they are applied because of the formula. I haven't tried the metallic ones though, might be the metallic formula isn't very good, which is a bummer. I have their regular matte and they've always been very nice. Haven't bought any in a while though.

Last edited:

shontay07108

Just curious if you shook the bottle before applying, sometimes they need to be shaken before they are applied because of the formula. I haven't tried the metallic ones though. I have their regular matted and they've always been very nice. Haven't bought any in a while though so maybe the formula changed.

Yup, I gave it a shake before I tried it the first time. That formula is just hopeless.

laurennnxox

Just curious if you shook the bottle before applying, sometimes they need to be shaken before they are applied because of the formula. I haven't tried the metallic ones though, might be the metallic formula isn't very good, which is a bummer. I have their regular matte and they've always been very nice. Haven't bought any in a while though.

Yup, I gave it a shake before I tried it the first time. That formula is just hopeless.

I did, too. I always give my liquid lipsticks a really good shake before applying. I remember seeing that as a tip somewhere on youtube, and have done that ever since. It's just a poor formula, unfortunately. They're telling a lot of people on the IG to contact their customer service. I'm assuming they'll just offer you to return it. I might see what their resolution is.

Latest posts