Liquid Lipstick thread

erine1881

c39afee1_image.png

CrimsonQuill157

I wore Dominatrix to work a couple of days ago. Applied nicely and felt comfortable but within a couple of hours I could feel it breaking down around the center of my mouth. Checked in the mirror and it looked AWFUL. I was so embarrassed that I'd been walking around with crumbly, messy lips. So disappointed.

ETA: I had not eaten or drank anything in those couple of hours - did run my mouth a bit, but a lipstick should be able to withstand that. I'm starting to fall off of this liquid lipstick train... my regular MAC mattes hold up better than a lot of the liquid lipsticks I own.

DMcG9

I wore Dominatrix to work a couple of days ago. Applied nicely and felt comfortable but within a couple of hours I could feel it breaking down around the center of my mouth. Checked in the mirror and it looked AWFUL. I was so embarrassed that I'd been walking around with crumbly, messy lips. So disappointed.

ETA: I had not eaten or drank anything in those couple of hours - did run my mouth a bit, but a lipstick should be able to withstand that. I'm starting to fall off of this liquid lipstick train... my regular MAC mattes hold up better than a lot of the liquid lipsticks I own.
I have only found that the KVD liquids work for me, so I really haven't bought too many liquid lipsticks anymore because of the same crumbling issue you experienced.

CrimsonQuill157

I have only found that the KVD liquids work for me, so I really haven't bought too many liquid lipsticks anymore because of the same crumbling issue you experienced.
Yeah KVD and Lime Crime thus far are the only ones that have really worked for me. I know people are wary about LC and for the amount of product you get, they are expensive, but IMO they are the best liquid lipstick I have tried.

I do want to try PZC at some point.

Vandekamp

Yeah KVD and Lime Crime thus far are the only ones that have really worked for me. I know people are wary about LC and for the amount of product you get, they are expensive, but IMO they are the best liquid lipstick I have tried.

I do want to try PZC at some point.
Give Milani a try too. I am generally not a fan of drugstore makeup but they make a really nice liquid matte lipstick. Trust me.!

NaomiH

I wore Dominatrix to work a couple of days ago. Applied nicely and felt comfortable but within a couple of hours I could feel it breaking down around the center of my mouth. Checked in the mirror and it looked AWFUL. I was so embarrassed that I'd been walking around with crumbly, messy lips. So disappointed. ETA: I had not eaten or drank anything in those couple of hours - did run my mouth a bit, but a lipstick should be able to withstand that. I'm starting to fall off of this liquid lipstick train... my regular MAC mattes hold up better than a lot of the liquid lipsticks I own.
I'm with you, while I didn't have the same experience you did with crumbling, I just flat out prefer regular ol lipsticks to liquid ones. I've yet to find a formula besides Guerlain's that has wowed me and I'm pretty sure I'm hopping off this liquid lippy band wagon sooner rather than later and sticking with my good old mattes. I do plan to grab one or so of the MAC ones to try out though since I've had such good luck with their lip products in the past.

erine1881

I'm gonna grab all the Stila mini's and give em a try. Haven't tried their formula yet but everyone seems to like them. Here's hoping i like them too!

Medgal07

I'm with you, while I didn't have the same experience you did with crumbling, I just flat out prefer regular ol lipsticks to liquid ones. I've yet to find a formula besides Guerlain's that has wowed me and I'm pretty sure I'm hopping off this liquid lippy band wagon sooner rather than later and sticking with my good old mattes. I do plan to grab one or so of the MAC ones to try out though since I've had such good luck with their lip products in the past.
​You know I have to second that one Naomi
friends.gif
I also like YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush. I enjoy some liquid
lippies just as a change of pace from traditional lipstick but yes---give me a good quality bullet lippie and I'm
happy!!!!

butterflyeyes

I'm gonna grab all the Stila mini's and give em a try. Haven't tried their formula yet but everyone seems to like them. Here's hoping i like them too!
The only one I've tried was Beso (received it for free from somewhere lol) and I really like the formula. I just haven't gotten around to trying their others yet

NaomiH

[COLOR=0000FF]​You know I have to second that one Naomi[/COLOR]:frenz: [COLOR=0000FF]I also like YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush.  I enjoy some liquid[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   lippies just as a change of pace from traditional lipstick but yes---give me a good [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]quality bullet lippie and I'm[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   happy!!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  [/COLOR]
Yeah, they're nice at times,but I'm a bullet lippie gal for life! L'extrait for life!

pinkcrush

See my problem is my lips r so dang dryyy!!! Doesn't matter if I scrub and moisturize before application either!!! Satin, matte or liquid matte = parched dry lips for me after a few hours of wear!!! I scrub, moisturize and prime with very lil luck... Milani Moisture Mattes aren't as bad as MAC or ABH on my lips... Helppp

stephshopaholic

See my problem is my lips r so dang dryyy!!! Doesn't matter if I scrub and moisturize before application either!!! Satin, matte or liquid matte = parched dry lips for me after a few hours of wear!!! I scrub, moisturize and prime with very lil luck... Milani Moisture Mattes aren't as bad as MAC or ABH on my lips... Helppp
Is the gift card immediate? E.g. could you use it now to make another purchase?
My lips are really dry too lol I'm wearing androgyny today and my lips were so dry that I applied some yube lip balm on my lips and added another layer of androgyny.

erine1881

My lips are really dry too lol I'm wearing androgyny today and my lips were so dry that I applied some yube lip balm on my lips and added another layer of androgyny.
You're dehydrated! Exfoliating and moisturing all day long aren't going to do a thing if you aren't doing anything from the inside. You lose a lot of moisture from the lips, so you need to replace it from the inside by drinking and eating a lot of water and water-based foods, along with wearing super hydrating lip balms.

Latest posts