Liquid Lipstick thread

emberdarling

A thread to discuss all brands of liquid lipstick to compare and contrast and talk about the best prices!

Specifically the type that are liquid-to-matte such as Limecrime velvetines and Kat von d liquid lipstick!

Shleeface

I know Jeffree Star is launching some liquid to mattes very soon as well. Be still my Myspace heart!

http://www.jeffreestarcosmetics.com

slowlikehoney

I own four. Three of them are from Kat Von D's line, (Lolita, Bauhau5, and Vampira) and one from Stila in Aria.

I want to try the Matte Me liquid lipsticks from Sleek. Anyone have those?

sagehen

My faves are Stila, Kat Von D and NYX so far. I haven't tried the Limecrome Velvetines - I am afraid I will fall head over heels.

CrimsonQuill157

What's everyone's favorite brand?

The only ones I really have are NYX soft matte lip creams. I need more!
My favorite is definitely LC Velvetines, by far. I like the KVD ones, but they're quite a bit more drying than LC and they have a tendency to "crack". I have one Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania and it never seems to dry down. But it's beautiful. Wish LC would do that shade in the Velvetine formula!

Vandekamp

What's everyone's favorite brand? The only ones I really have are NYX soft matte lip creams. I need more!
My favorite is KVD. I love Lolita, Bauhaus5, LUV, and Bachelorette. I am waiting to try Dose of Color. They have a color called Berry Me. It's amazing. They are supposed to restock in a few weeks.

thefbomb

I think my fave is pretty zombie coametics mostly based on price and colour selection. It's a shame they've had stuff sold out for months. A lot of brands are jumping on the liquid lipstick train. It'd be nice if MAC had some or more drugstore brands had some affordable one

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
The only liquid lipstick I own is an Armani Maestro. The quality of the formula is amazing, I'm pretty sure it doesn't get much better than that.

nikkideevah

so far I have...

Stila - Fiery ( this was the first liquid lipstick I bought in 2011)

Kat Von D - LUV, Bauhaus 5, Bachelorette, Berlin, Outlaw and Vampira

Dose of Colors - Purple Rain

NYX Soft Matte - London, Stockholm, Monte Carlo and Milan

thefbomb

so far I have...

Stila - Fiery ( this was the first liquid lipstick I bought in 2011)

Kat Von D - LUV, Bauhaus 5, Bachelorette, Berlin, Outlaw and Vampira

Dose of Colors - Purple Rain

NYX Soft Matte - London, Stockholm, Monte Carlo and Milan
Ooh how is the dose of colours one?

slowlikehoney

I completely forget about my NYX soft matte lip creams. I have 11 of them and I love them. And now that Sephora carries Velvetines, I want Wicked.

erine1881

I think my fave is pretty zombie coametics mostly based on price and colour selection. It's a shame they've had stuff sold out for months. A lot of brands are jumping on the liquid lipstick train. It'd be nice if MAC had some or more drugstore brands had some affordable one
MAC does have some-the prolongwear lipsticks. But they're too uncomfortable to wear matte, so the gloss is best worn on top.

thefbomb

I like it.. I have yet to wear it out.. its real purple lol
I really want to try them! Wear it out girl!
Quote: Originally Posted by erine1881

MAC does have some-the prolongwear lipsticks. But they're too uncomfortable to wear matte, so the gloss is best worn on top.
Ah, I didnt know that!

emberdarling

I completely forget about my NYX soft matte lip creams. I have 11 of them and I love them. And now that Sephora carries Velvetines, I want Wicked.
I love them too! So comfortable I completely forget they are there.
Wait wait wait wait wait Sephora carries velvetines?!

beauteblogueur

Great thread. I love liquid lipsticks. My favourite formulas are Guerlian's Rouge G L'Extrait, Armani's Lip Maestro and Hourglass's Opaque Rouge's, but I love Lime Crime and Pretty Zombie for the colour selection. I need to try some KVD ones.

I also like two Australian brands offerings. There's Australis Velourlips which are a lot like the NYX Soft Matte Creams. They just did some great LE colours with shimmer in them. And Savvy DB's Ultra Matte's have an awesome formula, but they only have 5 or 6 pretty basic shades, which is a shame. There's a pinky purple which is gorgeous though.

Latest posts