MAC NC45/MUFE 173 equivalent in Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Onyeka91

PLEASE HELP

Hi Lovelies,

I need some urgent help. I have searched far and wide all over Google for the most closest Estee Lauder Double Wear Shade to MAC NC45 or Makeup Forever 173 but I have found nothing.

I am a MUFE 173 in HD (perfect shade ever! But too oily for my skin type) Correct Undertones (Medium Skin with dark olive undertones)
I am a MAC Select Cover up NC45 in (bit too orange/yellow, probably because it oxidizes)
I am a Caramel in Revlon Colour Stay (Bit too dark/orange too)

What is the closest Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation shade to the above?

I have 5W2 Rich Caramel in ELDW but it is a bit too dark like the Caramel in Revlon Colourstay.

PLEASE HELP! Would really Appreciate it

XO
Onyeka

MAChostage

Have you tried the shades in the 4 range? I'm NC44 and that's where I am, although I wear the Doublewear Light formula, Intensity 4 and 4.5 (cooler and warmer weather).
[COLOR=FF0000]PLEASE HELP[/COLOR] Hi Lovelies, I need some urgent help. I have searched far and wide all over Google for the most closest Estee Lauder Double Wear Shade to MAC NC45 or Makeup Forever 173 but I have found nothing. [COLOR=0000FF]I am a MUFE 173 in HD[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000](perfect shade ever! But too oily for my skin type)[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Correct Undertones ([/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]Medium Skin with dark olive undertones)[/COLOR] I am a MAC Select Cover up NC45 in (bit too orange/yellow, probably because it oxidizes) I am a Caramel in Revlon Colour Stay (Bit too dark/orange too) What is the closest Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation shade to the above? I have 5W2 Rich Caramel in ELDW but it is a bit too dark like the Caramel in Revlon Colourstay. PLEASE HELP! Would really Appreciate it XO Onyeka

nikkideevah

I believe there is a 5W1 that's equal to the two.. One of the YT's I follow has 5W1 and she's also NC 45 and MUFE 173 I love 173 it's the best

mskita007

I'm in the same position! I have been given 4 different samples to try (Bronze, Rich Ginger, Rich Caramel, and Double Wear Light in Intensity 5). Help!!!

cocomomo80

PLEASE HELP

Hi Lovelies,

I need some urgent help. I have searched far and wide all over Google for the most closest Estee Lauder Double Wear Shade to MAC NC45 or Makeup Forever 173 but I have found nothing.

I am a MUFE 173 in HD (perfect shade ever! But too oily for my skin type) Correct Undertones (Medium Skin with dark olive undertones)
I am a MAC Select Cover up NC45 in (bit too orange/yellow, probably because it oxidizes)
I am a Caramel in Revlon Colour Stay (Bit too dark/orange too)

What is the closest Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation shade to the above?

I have 5W2 Rich Caramel in ELDW but it is a bit too dark like the Caramel in Revlon Colourstay.

PLEASE HELP! Would really Appreciate it

XO
Onyeka

Quote: Originally Posted by mskita007

I'm in the same position! I have been given 4 different samples to try (Bronze, Rich Ginger, Rich Caramel, and Double Wear Light in Intensity 5). Help!!!

I wear all of these shades, as well. 5W1 Bronze is definitely the best option. I have both the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place powder foundation and the liquid foundation in 5W1.

Btw, couldn't agree with you more. MUFE 173 is an amazing match! The Colorstay is a bit too dark, and that's why I only wear it in the summer.
In MAC, I technically wear NC44.5, but I use NC45 in the outer perimeter (because it can be too orangey). If you can get your hands on NC44.5 anything, then you should give it a try. Just saying. :)

OK, hope that helped.

mskita007

T
I wear all of these shades, as well. [COLOR=008080]5W1 Bronze[/COLOR] is definitely the best option. I have both the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place powder foundation and the liquid foundation in 5W1. Btw, couldn't agree with you more. MUFE 173 is an amazing match! The Colorstay is a bit too dark, and that's why I only wear it in the summer. In MAC, I technically wear NC44.5, but I use NC45 in the outer perimeter (because it can be too orangey). If you can get your hands on NC44.5 anything, then you should give it a try. Just saying. :) OK, hope that helped.
Really?! You've worn all of those shades, too? I'm glad to know that I wasn't alone. What are your thoughts on the Double Wear powder? I never considered it!

cocomomo80

Really?! You've worn all of those shades, too? I'm glad to know that I wasn't alone. What are your thoughts on the Double Wear powder? I never considered it!
Yep! I've worn all of them.
For myself, I like the Double Wear powder more than the liquid foundation. It gives great coverage, it has longevity, and it held my oily skin at bay for a good amount of time before I needed to blot. I'm surprised that no one really talks about the powders from this line. They're worth recognition.

Despite all the positive reviews, I found that the liquid foundation was a bit drying on my skin; which is odd, since I have very oily skin. But everyone is different. Maybe the liquid would work well for you. It seems that the liquid is just a smidge lighter than the powder, but both should still color match just fine.

mskita007

Yep! I've worn all of them.  For myself, I like the Double Wear powder more than the liquid foundation. It gives great coverage, it has longevity, and it held my oily skin at bay for a good amount of time before I needed to blot. I'm surprised that no one really talks about the powders from this line. They're worth recognition. Despite all the positive reviews, I found that the liquid foundation was a bit drying on my skin; which is odd, since I have very oily skin. But everyone is different. Maybe the liquid would work well for you. It seems that the liquid is just a smidge lighter than the powder, but both should still color match just fine.
You're right! I NEVER hear or read anything about the powder. I'm going to consider it! Time to hit YouTube to look for reviews. Thanks for the recommendation!

cocomomo80

Despite all the positive reviews, I found that the liquid foundation was a bit drying on my skin; which is odd, since I have very oily skin. But everyone is different. Maybe the liquid would work well for you. It seems that the liquid is just a smidge lighter than the powder, but both should still color match just fine.
You're right! I NEVER hear or read anything about the powder. I'm going to consider it! Time to hit YouTube to look for reviews. Thanks for the recommendation!
You're welcome.

Latest posts