L'Intemporel de Chanel

ashievic

It happens with card info too with PayPal. I will update the info for the expiration date and new magic code (3 digits on back). I don't pay attention, then I get the red letter message, card declined. WTF??? Then I go back and read, and was the old card with an expired date on it. Thanks for kind words about my sister-in-law. Thankfully she lives many States away from me. No matter what I do will be wrong. If I send nothing, my brother endures, oh your family can't send me a gift??? (she never sends our family anything). If I send something small and nice, but not expensive, my brother gets, oh, hope your sister didn't have to count the change out of her piggy bank for me. Now I send her great makeup. It kills her, and she uses it because it so good. The least grief for my brother is the way I go.

EllaS

It happens with card info too with PayPal. I will update the info for the expiration date and new magic code (3 digits on back). I don't pay attention, then I get the red letter message, card declined. WTF??? Then I go back and read, and was the old card with an expired date on it. Thanks for kind words about my sister-in-law. Thankfully she lives many States away from me. No matter what I do will be wrong. If I send nothing, my brother endures, oh your family can't send me a gift??? (she never sends our family anything). If I send something small and nice, but not expensive, my brother gets, oh, hope your sister didn't have to count the change out of her piggy bank for me. Now I send her great makeup. It kills her, and she uses it because it so good. The least grief for my brother is the way I go.
I can definitely relate to how tough it can be dealing with relationships with the in-laws. Sounds like you're being thoughtful and have the best of intentions, so that's really all you can do. You can't control how other people choose to receive things. Hang in there!

Yeah I've learned my lesson to pay close attention to my Paypal transactions from here on out. In fact my current card is expiring and I soon need to put in the new one and now I'm dreading dealing with that!

RockDiva

More pictures:

https://instagram.com/p/zFCgVegrcK/?modal=true

https://instagram.com/p/zXIQf-oa4c/?modal=true

https://instagram.com/p/zQobW4Gewo/?modal=true

ashievic

Thanks for your kind words. I just don't my brother to have more grief. He is 7 years older then me. Has always been there for me. So I stay on the high road. Yes, I get warped pleasure when he tells me the Chanel mascara is the best his wife has ever used....

Medgal07

Yes that is exactly what happened! Like all of a sudden my old default addresses became primary again. I fixed the shipping address but the billing address never came up on the screen until after I placed the order so I didn't know it was wrong. So strange!
I'm sorry - that is really awful. I think UPS and FedEx should start stamping deliveries "FOR IN-LAWS" so they know to take extra special care of it!
Thank you Meddy! It was a looonnnnggg weekend, that's for sure. And not the good kind! LOL
girlhaha.gif
If only!!!
sigh.gif

Yazmin

I respect you for taking the high road, especially because you owe her absolutely nothing. You're sweet for trying to temper the tension on your brother's behalf. I'm not so sure that I would if I were in your situation.

ashievic

It is tempting to short sheet the bed when she comes north...but since she has only come north 2 times in 7 years, saw any of us about 4-5 times in 7 years, never gone shopping with her, never out to dinner. She views our house as some place to sleep when she comes to Chicago, nothing more. Never calls, emails, nothing. I give my brother credit. He keeps everything separate. He comes north and has a blast. Calls the p's all the time. She is his wife, and my family respects that. I am just waiting for karma.....;=)

chi1216

I received a check card reversal on my order from Chanel. I'm not really sure as to why. I didn't use PayPal either. I was wondering why my order hadn't shipped yet. Strange!

ashievic

This is common. They first run a charge to see if the card is valid. Then the charge will vanish or linger in "processing". Once the item is actually delivered then the actual charge will come through. A few weeks ago I was credited back a 1.00 after the items arrived. Since I watch my bank account daily, this is what I have seen in the past.

chi1216

This is common. They first run a charge to see if the card is valid. Then the charge will vanish or linger in "processing". Once the item is actually delivered then the actual charge will come through. A few weeks ago I was credited back a 1.00 after the items arrived. Since I watch my bank account daily, this is what I have seen in the past. 
Ok thanks. I did see the $1.00 credited back. I just got off the phone with a representative and she informed me my NP shipped on the 22nd. I should be receiving it tmw. :)

ashievic

Neiman's does this too. Does;t matter if you purchase online or in the store. Last week on Wed. I had three charges at Neiman's. Then on Sat. morning they went poof. Today they are back and not in the purgatory of "processing". Has anyone tried the Eric lipstick? It is tempting to me. Yet, might have a dupe lingering around....

ashievic

Tomorrow my goodies arrive!!!! Hopefully there will be a recess for new releases. My wallet needs a time out!!!! At least Tom Ford in the past releases his summer about later then others. So I don't get nailed all at once!!!!

Medgal07

Exactly what happens!!!

Medgal07

Ok thanks. I did see the $1.00 credited back. I just got off the phone with a representative and she informed me my NP shipped on the 22nd. I should be receiving it tmw.
smiles.gif
Yay! I hope you love it! Mine arrives tomorrow too!
th_DANCE.gif

Medgal07

Tomorrow my goodies arrive!!!! Hopefully there will be a recess for new releases. My wallet needs a time out!!!! At least Tom Ford in the past releases his summer about later then others. So I don't get nailed all at once!!!!
Yay!!! You have lots to play with!!!
yahoo.gif
Oh the struggle!!! I need a time-out as well!!!

patentg33k

I received a check card reversal on my order from Chanel. I'm not really sure as to why. I didn't use PayPal either. I was wondering why my order hadn't shipped yet. Strange!
I agree this is common--still, I'd call to make sure all is well. Couldn't hurt?

ashievic

My goodies came yesterday. I wore this last night. The green is a super interesting color. I do not find this anything like the one released for Holiday 2014. That palette, at least one me was more gray then purple. The purple is really purple. Used the yellow on the inside corner of my eye. I did not find this sheer. Good color payoff. The polish is very much like OPI My Silk Tie, just a tad bit lighter. The facial yesterday from Chanel was heaven!!!! I did ask the facial lady about the hydra serum. She told me your skin has to be "really dry" to use everyday. She felt this was a "as needed" serum. I have known this lady for quite some. She knows her stuff.

I am brush junkie. While I was waiting for Mom as she had her facial, I stumbled across the Trish McEvoy limited brush collection for 195.00. Yes, I bought it. I have the previous one and love to use for travel. I also brought it with me to compare the brushes I already own to TF brushes. If you already own the MAC pencil brush, it is exactly as the TF smokey brush. I did not have anything like the TF contour eye brush. So I did purchase that one.

Latest posts