What To Expect During A Highly Anticipated MAC Cosmetics (Limited Edition) In-Store Collection Launch

Candycoatedclos

What To Expect During A Highly Anticipated MAC Cosmetics (Limited Edition) In-Store Collection Launch

Could that title be anymore explanatory as to what this thread is all about?
th_roll1.gif
Basically, I see this question asked all the time when new limited edition collections launch in-store and some people don't know what to expect. So with MAC Cinderella and MAC Bao Bao Wan scheduled to launch tomorrow, I figured now is the perfect time to address this.​
Let's break it down like this:​
First, you arrive early like 2, maybe 3 hours early if you live in a highly populated area and sit outside looking super tired like this:
and then other people start to show up and look at you like this:
Mostly because you got there before them and now they have to count back how many less lipsticks or brushes/bronzers/liners they can get.
Then people start to chat with you to also inquire to see what you are getting. At this point, you will think you are BFFs because everyone seems so friendly!
Sometimes an employee will come out and tell you how to line up in line. Then someone may ask how much they have of a product and the reply is that they only have 2 Pleasurebombs in-stock. Then you look like this:
Because you realize you are 4th in line and the ones in front of you don't want to talk to you so you have no idea what they are getting and now you are disgruntled like the women behind you.
Then finally, you see them opening the door and everyone is all rushing
Again, it depends on the situation but this may be you or may not be you, maybe you will be the stampede! Be nice and take your time!
Then you line up and they check you out and you either get what you want or don't want and then people around you will either be really sad or really happy.
Hopefully happy!
And as you walk away you look and see all the people glaring at you because you win and they most likely will only be able to buy those terrible looking veluxequads
Anywho good luck girl!
girlhaha.gif
___________________________________________________________​
The moral of the story is...it's going to be crazy but hey, it's limited edition! So I had to make sure to post this as a tutorial for new members and a refresher for experienced ones.​
Also, take this tip with you...people are going to stop in the mall to stare and they're going to ask you why you're waiting in line for makeup. Then they're going to insist on telling you that "this is blasphemy, this is madness." That's when you turn right around and tell them that:​
This....is....Specktra!!!​
yahoo.gif
May the odds be ever in your favor!​

DILLIGAF

Girl this woman came up to us yesterday as we were waiting for Bao Bao to ask what the line was for. Someone told her it was a limited edition collection and we were waiting for makeup. She turns around and says "Is it that serious?" and then louder "Is it really that serious?" I turned to look at her and then the line. Almost everyone was ice grilling her.
girlhaha.gif
Like Yes! Trick it is that serious to us! That's why we are out here. I just rolled my eyes and when back to reading my book. Some people just don't get it. I think it was for her own safety and benefit that she left right then. I think there were a few people on that line that wanted to show her just how serious it was. As I was leaving someone offered to purchase Lavender Jade for double on the spot. So to the random judgemental woman Yep it's that serious.

mel33t

Girl this woman came up to us yesterday as we were waiting for Bao Bao to ask what the line was for. Someone told her it was a limited edition collection and we were waiting for makeup. She turns around and says "Is it that serious?" and then louder "Is it really that serious?" I turned to look at her and then the line. Almost everyone was ice grilling her. :haha:  Like Yes! Trick it is that serious to us! That's why we are out here. I just rolled my eyes and when back to reading my book. Some people just don't get it. I think it was for her own safety and benefit that she left right then. I think there were a few people on that line that wanted to show her just how serious it was. As I was leaving someone offered to purchase Lavender Jade for double on the spot. So to the random judgemental woman Yep it's that serious.
:haha: that's hilarious. Even if you're not getting anything from the limited edition collection most people know to stay away from MAC on those days lol.

Candycoatedclos

Girl this woman came up to us yesterday as we were waiting for Bao Bao to ask what the line was for. Someone told her it was a limited edition collection and we were waiting for makeup. She turns around and says "Is it that serious?" and then louder "Is it really that serious?" I turned to look at her and then the line. Almost everyone was ice grilling her. :haha:  Like Yes! Trick it is that serious to us! That's why we are out here. I just rolled my eyes and when back to reading my book. Some people just don't get it. I think it was for her own safety and benefit that she left right then. I think there were a few people on that line that wanted to show her just how serious it was. As I was leaving someone offered to purchase Lavender Jade for double on the spot. So to the random judgemental woman Yep it's that serious.
LMAO!!! As per usual people just don't understand. I swear we need to have shirts made that say This is Specktra on it because I can only imagine! I haven't been to a store launch since the Riri Winter line and that was insanity. I so got caught up in the Bison stampede. Double in person for Lavender Jade already is crazy!!

Candycoatedclos

girlhaha.gif
that's hilarious. Even if you're not getting anything from the limited edition collection most people know to stay away from MAC on those days lol.
The stores should let them know. It's just like any limited edition store release. and sneakers aren't any better so they shouldn't judge us!

DILLIGAF

Double in person for Lavender Jade already is crazy!!
I usually do my purchases in store. It's easy for me to show up in the morning because I tend to work nights. I've not seen that much people show up for a launch like they did yesterday since RiRi. If this site sold a THIS IS SPECKTRA shirt I would buy it!!!

Candycoatedclos

I usually do my purchases in store. It's easy for me to show up in the morning because I tend to work nights. I've not seen that much people show up for a launch like they did yesterday since RiRi. If this site sold a THIS IS SPECKTRA shirt I would buy it!!!
Hahaha! Omg I would literally die! I would wear it all the time for every make up launch, especially in-store. See how deep Specktra rolls!

-Ain't nobody messin' with my clique, clique, clique-

#ThisIsSpecktra

rofl.gif

Jayada

This is EXACTLY how it went down for Cinderella! The first time I've EVER cared about LE!!! Lol!!!

Jayada

Oh, and yes people asked about the line, and was it that serious ?!?!?! I was like, I don't know....I'm new to this!