Using a green color corrector for redness

h987

Hello,

Would anyone be able to advise me on using a green color corrector for redness? I want to use it for general redness on the cheeks. I don't know which type to look for and how to use it with makeup. Also, what type of makeup will work best with it?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

shellygrrl

Staff member
You have two options: a green-tinted primer, or a green-tinted corrector (similar to concealer). Either way you would use it before applying the rest of your makeup. The only brands I know of that make green-tinted primers are Make Up For Ever, Smashbox, and NYX. MUFE has a green-tinted corrector in two of their concealer palettes (#1 and #5) but it isn't sold separately. NYX has one in pot form and in wand form. If you have easy access to the brand Make Up Store, they have Easy Cover Red, which comes in a pot and is made to cover redness. (It has a more ochre tone than green, from what I can tell.) http://makeupstore.se/usen/products/base/concealer/easycoverred And there is no type of makeup that will work "best" across the board for this. You have to take your skintype into consideration, do a bit of trial and error, and find out what works best for you.

dorni

.....MUFE has a green-tinted corrector in two of their concealer palettes (#1 and #5) but it isn't sold separately. ...
You can buy it seperately, but I have to admit, it's not so easy to find. French sephora carries it and the MUFE boutiques should have it as well.
http://www.makeupforever.com/fr/fr-fr/make-up/teint/correcteurs/creme-de-camouflage?sku=5037

But I have to say, a product like that won't work all over the cheeks. The formula is on the drier side.
And if you're pale, stay away from that green clinique base, it does look really ashy under foundation. I'm suffering from rosacea, so I've tried out a lot of things.

HTH

rockin

I tried the Boots No7 green-tinted primer, but it went on more like a slightly rubbery mask - if you rubbed your face at all, it would start peeling off.

Maris Crane

I have some redness in my nose & chin, and then if I have any blemishes, they're bright red as well, and the best product I've found is the Bioderma Sensibio Anti-Rougeurs AR cream. It's technically a moisturiser, but it's very 'coney so I find my makeup glides well and lasts nicely over it.

xlavenderlilacx

H ithere,
new to specktra but no stranger to cosmetics and skincare! I don't know if you have an icing store by you, but they have a decent green primer. it's so silky and it mattifies and does good job canceling out my redness which is moderate when it does appear. HTH!

sarahhwelchh

I have some pretty bad redness on my face, yet my skin is yellow toned so I'm struggling. None of the redness primers I have used have worked. Does anyone have a primer that reaaallllyyy works?

Latest posts