MAC Interview Process

You look GORGEOUS!!!! CONGRATS GIRL !!!    i have the makeup demo next Wednesday- please can you tell us your detailed demo experience and what to expect. I applied for store in uk.  
Thank you so much!!! I appreciate your kind words! Okay, so the verbal interview was a group interview. They asked a few questions: 1. Introduce yourself (name,age, where you are from ) 2. Why do you love makeup and when did you start? 3. Where do you want to take your career to? (Behind the scenes, travel, celebrity, runway) 4. If you could describe yourself in one word, what word would it be? 5. On a scale 1-10, what would you rank yourself? 6. What are some positive and negative things you have heard about MAC? 7. What do you see trending in pop culture? Verbal interview: They give you 6 brushes to work with. They switched my model with the girl sitting next to me. They gave us a basic overview on how to sanitize the brushes and makeup we use. What they want to see is; Teaching the client new techniques and or product. Being clean!! No double dipping, sharpening eyeliner after each use! Clean the sharpener, clean hands every time you leave the station. Be clean! Consult with the client, ask what she normally wears and what she is and isn't comfortable with. They told me to deliver a natural look based of my clients preference. So once I consulted with my client and figured out more or less her style I went straight for the product to pick up the basics. Face Primer/Moisturizer Foundation eyeshadow palette (neutral) Viva glam lipstick Highlight and blush (I used the eyeshadow to deepen her corners of eyes and add a bit depth also to act as liner. Also used it for her brows.) Once I finished my look. Time was up! They had us clean up, properly. They came one by one asking our clients of they learned anything. Also, if the makeup look created was something they would wear. & done! Good luck!

Fahima86

interview went very well I was pleased I had so much to say! I was a friendly chat too and she was nice store manager. questions were asked:

- what inspired you to wear the make-up look you have on? ( she loved my make-up and the girls in mac came up to me and complimented me, one girl thought I already worked at mac and she thought I was just applying for another store)

- Why MAC?
- what can you bring to MAC?
-what are the latest trends?
-what do you know about sales targets?
-what products would you choose for a natural dewy look? why those ?
-Why do you want to work for MAC now?
-why should I choose you over other applicants? what is unique about you?
-tell me about a time you did something for your client as a make-up artist that would not do for any other?
-what unique skills can you bring to my store?
-how do you manage your day to day routine? ( I mentioned I have a two year old)
-how would you get yourself familiar with the pro products in the pro store you have applied for?
-what pro products do you have?
-what do you think about the people who live around this area ?
-how did you use your other beauty skills in your last beauty department?
- what are your availabilities?
-can your work bank holidays?
-if your successful can you work fri and sat that's when the store is really busy?

then she booked me in for a demo.

Latest posts