MAC The Matte Lip Collection (May 28/ June 4, 2015)

BuickMackane

I didn't get the problem with streaking, I had to use a blue liner to make it as purple as the promo pic. Otherwise, just mix Cyber and Heroine for a nicer and less streaky version of PH
I'm starting to wonder if there were a few different batches. I was very happy with the colour but it was the texture I didn't like. Then again I know some folk have no issues with either colour or texture
hmm.gif

Thank you for the suggestion re: mixing Cyber and Heroine
flower.gif

montREALady

I'm starting to wonder if there were a few different batches. I was very happy with the colour but it was the texture I didn't like. Then again I know some folk have no issues with either colour or texture
hmm.gif

flower.gif
I'm going to wear it tomorrow to see, but I think mine was streaky as well.

Vandekamp

It was supposed to be a lighter version of Cyber... But it didn't look like that. When I heard about Pure Heroine, I mixed Cyber and Heroine... It came out nicer than the lipstick itself
I have the Cyber lip pencil. I hope I can mix it with Pure Heroine and still get the same effect.

Marsha Pomells

I'm starting to wonder if there were a few different batches. I was very happy with the colour but it was the texture I didn't like. Then again I know some folk have no issues with either colour or texture :hmm: Thank you for the suggestion re: mixing Cyber and Heroine :flower:
The batch number on my PH is A34, if it's of any help to anyone. Posted a pic of what PH is and what it was supposed to be...
4234edd8_image.jpeg
Left: Pure Heroine Right: Cyber and Heroine

pinkcrush

Ugh. Pure Heroine. I hated it when I first got it but we're friends now. Well, sort of. It's a streaky, smudgy mess when I apply it straight from the tube. A lip pencil only makes things worse. However, it makes a beautiful stain when I apply it with a lip brush and, if necessary, work in the colour gently with a fingertip. It goes really well with a slightly dishevelled smoky eye :)
Mine is slightly streaky too but tolerable like Matte Royal... I just apply, blot, reapply n blot again. Getting a crisp Cupid's bow is especially hard with PH because of the slip it has but my lip brush fixes that

Prettypackages

hmm.gif

flower.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Vandekamp

Here you go.
these two posts makes me want it again!

LOL

Buick, it's always good to see you!

Marsha Pomells

Oh yes I did see that ad, but probably when I searched it before buying at the CCO. Yeah no that's not what it looks like on my hand. I think mixing it with Gunner will get that shade in the ad.
Doesn't look like that on my hand either . PH and MR... Oooh, need to see and try this combo. Might even make a good ombré after a good blotting session.

montREALady

The promo ad made it a desirable shade. I think I heard at the time that the makeup artist mixed PH with Heroine.
Ask me the purpose of doing this if you're promoting one color? I mean if you don't like how it looks alone maybe you need to go back to the drawing board. :2cents:

Vandekamp

Ask me the purpose of doing this if you're promoting one color? I mean if you don't like how it looks alone maybe you need to go back to the drawing board.
2cents.gif
I agree. I think some ladies said Lordes' MU artist had said that which made me even more mad when I heard that. However, Melt did the same thing with Dark Room. They photographed this beautiful promo ad of their new shade DR and it was actually a combination of it and a black lipstick. I will try to find the picture.

Latest posts