Mac Cosmetics Interview: Thoughts

carrielove

I walked into my local counter with my portfolio on my iPad and a printed resume to hand to the manager. I was greeted by an artist(there were two on the floor and no customers there) and I asked if I could speak to the manager. He came out and I shook his hand enthusiastically and introduced myself, I then asked if I could leave my resume with him and perhaps show him my portfolio. He then said "well we aren't hiring right now but we can keep your resume on file." Looked at my resume then looked up with wide eyes and said "actually here's an application I want you to go fill this out and bring it back, then I want to see your portfolio." So I went filled it out then showed him my portfolio, he asked if I was available the following Monday at 3 for both interviews at once and I said yes and he asked for me to bring a model. I showed up in all black, clean makeup(eyeliner lashes sculpted brows nude lip and bronzed skin), he took me in the back for the verbal interview and it went extremely well. He asked about my experience working with LUSH previously, my freelance experience, why I want to work at Mac, etc. afterwards we went back and began the makeup application. I brought my own set of clean brushes on a brush belt and he told me I had 20 minutes to do a day time look. He watched me start, (I had a clean work station, set all the product on tissues and had a tissue for dirty utensils/brushes), I began by prepping the skin with fix + (my model has normal to dry skin) then he walked away and let me finish the makeup. It turned out fantastic and he gave me three shimmery bold shadows a bright pink blush and pink lip to make a night time look. With recent trends being the colored graphic liner I created a gradient eyeliner with the shadows and applied the other products. I was satisfied with the result but he asked me why I didn't put any shadows in the crease and knowing the trends and what people wear at night(I was given a shimmery bright purple blue and green) I chose to go with a trendy look that's in. I was confident in my response and he took the pictures. He told me for me to call him tomorrow and that we will talk again. What do yall think about my interview process? Crossing my fingers for the best.

mizzburns

I have been going to the same MAC counter for years, I know all the MUA's personally. Most of them are even on my Instagram. I have also known the Manager. I finally got the courage up to bring in my resume. I was dressed in all black and makeup on point. The manager took my resume and told me she didn't need to ask me anything she knows me and knows of my knowledge and love for MAC. She also told me my makeup looked amazing and what I was wearing. I listed the products on my face. She told me she would give my resume to their recruiter. She also gave me her business card with the recruiters info on it and told me to send them my resume with a cover letter. That was just a few days ago. What do you guys think??? :anyone:

katiec101

I have been going to the same MAC counter for years, I know all the MUA's personally. Most of them are even on my Instagram. I have also known the Manager. I finally got the courage up to bring in my resume. I was dressed in all black and makeup on point. The manager took my resume and told me she didn't need to ask me anything she knows me and knows of my knowledge and love for MAC. She also told me my makeup looked amazing and what I was wearing. I listed the products on my face. She told me she would give my resume to their recruiter. She also gave me her business card with the recruiters info on it and told me to send them my resume with a cover letter. That was just a few days ago. What do you guys think??? :anyone:
Did you send them the cover letter? If so, is wait a few weeks if you haven't heard back and then maybe contact them at the beginning of the month to see if they have had a chance to review your application :)

katiec101

Hey girls! I applied to MAC at the beginning of the week for a part time role in one of their counters, here in the UK. I had previously applied a few years ago and managed to secure a phone interview but due to my lack of retail experience I didn't ever have a face to face interview. Over the last year few years I've tried to gain as much experience as possible, I qualified as a spray tanner about a year ago and this has really helped my confidence in the last 9 months I've been freelancing and this has proven quite popular, particular in recent months with proms and weddings. Fast forward to the beginning of the week, I send my application form off, in the UK you have to apply online. I received an email yesterday detailing that I had been short listed, my application will be passed on to the recruiting manager and she will be in touch to arrange a face to face interview if she likes my application..i didn't have a telephone convocation! I'm so confused, has Estée Lauder stopped doing phone interviews? What do you think? Please help! X

mizzburns

Hey girls! I applied to MAC at the beginning of the week for a part time role in one of their counters, here in the UK. I had previously applied a few years ago and managed to secure a phone interview but due to my lack of retail experience I didn't ever have a face to face interview. Over the last year few years I've tried to gain as much experience as possible, I qualified as a spray tanner about a year ago and this has really helped my confidence in the last 9 months I've been freelancing and this has proven quite popular, particular in recent months with proms and weddings. Fast forward to the beginning of the week, I send my application form off, in the UK you have to apply online. I received an email yesterday detailing that I had been short listed, my application will be passed on to the recruiting manager and she will be in touch to arrange a face to face interview if she likes my application..i didn't have a telephone convocation! I'm so confused, has Estée Lauder stopped doing phone interviews? What do you think? Please help! X
Yeah, I did send a cover letter. I went into the MAC counter this past weekend to pick up a few things and me and one of the girls were talking and I told her about me applying and she told me to make sure I keep calling the manager.

Latest posts