MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF 30 (Sep 2015)

leonah

I'm trying this foundation out now without moisturizing (to really test it) I have only sprayed a bit of fix on top but when I layered the foundation it looks horrible although the coverage is better than I thought. but I'm not sure this foundation is for me yet.. accentuates my pores and my dry spots on my face a lot and it looks terrible. on my "normal" skin parts of the face it looks good though. maybe this is more a foundation (for me) for spring/summer time for me but not sure yet. have to try another sample with moisturizer before to see if I get any difference

leonah

why wouldn't you moisturize ?
because I first of all wanted to really try it hardcore and see how it performs on its own when working etc. it looked a lot better with some finishing powder on top :) but I'm going to try it once again with moisture right before instead of a couple of hours before hand.

Monsy

i doubt any foundation is going to look good on skin that is not prepped properly with skincare.

highheels

Yup I really wouldn't judge the appearance or performance of a foundation if the skin hasn't been properly prepped first :)

NaturallyUrs

So after wearing the NW50 for a week or too I noticed that it looked quite dark on me, so I went back to Mac for another match and was suggested NW47. I felt it was a tad light, but i figured with the Cover Fx Custom drops, I'd find my match. It works perfectly now. I want a brush though. Haven't decided on what brush (affordable) would be best tho

StephEd

I've had this foundation over a month, and I love it! I was recommended the pro longwear powder to set it, and haven't been a fan of it over WW. I'm not sure which powder I'll try next, so recommendationa would be awesome! Also, I need to watch some videos of application, as much as I love it now, there's room for improvement. I got the 196 brush along with and I LOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! I'll be a sad girl if they ever discontinue it. PS...waterweight oxidizes.

PrettyKitty

Not sure if someone still want a review for this foundation on oily skin? I just posted a review on my blog with a before/after and tips, in case you are interested. (link in signature)

Monsy

ok so here is my issue - i usually wear nc15 in all mac foundations, nc 20 during summer. I have very strong yellow undertone. I got this foundation in nc20. i am wearing it today and loving it BUT i just looked at it in a daylight when i was applying it and it is PINK AS HELL! like very peachy pink ?? wth? almost like it is labeled wrong. it doesn't look bad once applied

ginestra213

I found the same issue, I feel like the colors are pretty different in this foundation. I'm generally NC25/30, and NC25 on me was way too pale, but NC30 was full on orange on me :( I'm really sad, because I loved the formula!

Sarah Townsend

I know this is old, but MSFN! It's magic.

With this foundation, I don't feel like I need any sort of highlighter, it's that good on me. Just MSFN and some sort of blush.

Icecaramellatte

I'm still enjoying this foundation. I bought quite a few foundations in recent months but I keep reaching for this one. I like it with the brush too. I read a review here that said use a dabbing/stilppling motion and that is what I've been doing.

Edit - I still want to check out the cushion foundation coming out. I really like the Lancome one I bought but I'm not sure the shade is right for my winter skin.

Prettypackages

I'm still enjoying this foundation. I bought quite a few foundations in recent months but I keep reaching for this one. I like it with the brush too. I read a review here that said use a dabbing/stilppling motion and that is what I've been doing.

Edit - I still want to check out the cushion foundation coming out. I really like the Lancome one I bought but I'm not sure the shade is right for my winter skin.

what color did you get?

geeko

I have dry skin, i find tht it works best on me when i use a layer of hydrting facial oil below it

this is jus me with studio water weight foundation

no filter

studiowaterweight.jpg

Sarah Townsend

This weekend I travelled and it was cold, somehow foundation started coming out of the spot where the lid joins the squeezy part. So I guess I love the product but not the packaging.

NATlar

I'm loving this foundation already :) I have dry skin and it makes my complexion look fresh with a lovely glow :)

image.jpeg

Latest posts