MAC brows

elilaa

Het! I was wondering about your experience with MAC's brow makeup? Do you guys have any tips or advices? Thank you!

shellygrrl

Staff member
I've used eyeshadows for filling in my brows (in my case, mainly Brun and Mystery; I've also used Copperplate), and I've used a brow pencil (Stud). The pencil is okay (don't try to twist it back up if you twist it down too far, though!), but the tip isn't fine enough if you're someone who likes drawing in hairs. The eyeshadows gave a softer look (particularly Brun, as its formula is incredibly dry, IMO). I've never tried the fluidlines, the brow pencils you can sharpen, or the brow gels. I think whichever product you choose will depend on your brows and what you want them to look like. (These days I use Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Ash Brown.)

Howards End

I had planned on getting Stylized Brows from Wash and Dry but got Stud instead and I love it, already got a backup but my first one is lasting longer a than expected lol Next on my list to try is Brun and/or Concrete, and eventually I want to try Stylized

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Veluxe Brow Liner: I was excited to see this at the CCO in the beautiful RiRi packaging. It works well on my brows, giving them a softer look, similar to the finish and feel of using eyeshadows to fill in your brows. I have to apply it with a light hand so it doesn't look too harsh, but it's easy to soften and blend out with the brush on the end. That said, I prefer a finer tip like It Cosmetics YBBB Universal Brow Power Pencil or Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz because my brows look more natural with them, and I don't have to sharpen them.

Brow Set: I have Clear and Show-Off (described as a "rich brown"). The product itself is good, providing a good hold and definition without the stiff or crunchy look and feel. I do prefer Clear because Show-Off has a copper-red shimmer to it. It's wearable, but I will only repurchase Clear when it runs out. It has a rose fragrance which I usually can't stand, but this one doesn't bother me.

Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set and Fluidline Brow Gelcreme are my next ones to get, but I'm currently on a "no-buy" for brow products this year as I already have more than enough to last me a while.

Howards End

I was also thinking of trying MAC's Penultimate brow pen since we can't get the Suqqu one in the U.S. I was watching some YouTube videos (on the MAC one), and it gives really natural results. I just have concerns as to how long it lasts before drying out

MzBrownBeauty

I just purchased the brow fluidline gel and I really like it but I'm still getting use to using it. I take my pencil to outline it and then use the brow gel to fill it in.

Howards End

How ashy is the colour?
IMO it is truly neutral. I am cool toned (skin and hair) and for example MAC's Veluxe Brow pencils are WAY too warm/red toned on me. But Penultimate adds absolutely NO red/warm tones at all which is perfect So I would say no, it's not ashy. It is a neutral that I feel warrants its name (Universal). It will suit warm tone skin/hair as well as cool toned. I really need to go on the tutorial thread and learn how to post swatch pics with my iPhone lol!

jadiepyne

Ive been using the waterproof Pro Longware set, Its been really good. My brows still look natural and I dont have to pencil anything in :)

pinkcrush

If u have seen my pics here on Specktra u know I'm not the natural brow girl... I prefer a much stronger brow to balance my features... My brows r tattooed but I only use it as a guide to fill them in... Lately I've really been liking Film Noir blush for my brows. It's a nice brown with red tones and much softer than Embark e/s. Stud pencil is good for neatening things up under FN...
a7154a34_image.jpeg

Myth

I ordered Brun today with my 2nd Mariah order lol. I've gone through like 5 Studs, I think Brun will be more economical!

Latest posts