Chanel Rouge Noir Absolument - Holiday 2015

Medgal07

Thank you! I had a great time - I collected my order and bought the IDO and the mascara - everything is so beautiful
heart.gif
cheerleader.gif
​Yay Maggie----so glad you got what you wanted.

KateH22

I have a question regarding RA Vaporeuse. Do you find that it settles into lip lines? I have bought the RA Gloss Ideale and find that it settles into lines. I'm really tempted by Vaporeuse but as it a light shade I am concerned it may settle into lines as well. Thanks.

JerseyGirl

Well, I think I'm having an allergic reaction to something in this collection. I wore 3 of the 4 shadows in the quad, the RN liner and the Or Saffron liner. The mascara I used was a sample that I think I opened fairly recently. I have a feeling it's some component of the burgundy shade. A few years ago, I think, something similar happened with a burgundy Trish McEvoy shadow I was using.

Medgal07

Well, I think I'm having an allergic reaction to something in this collection. I wore 3 of the 4 shadows in the quad, the RN liner and the Or Saffron liner. The mascara I used was a sample that I think I opened fairly recently. I have a feeling it's some component of the burgundy shade. A few years ago, I think, something similar happened with a burgundy Trish McEvoy shadow I was using.
Oh no. I hope you're able to determine which product is causing the issue.

JerseyGirl

I woke up this morning with my eye lids swollen...I'm so upset. And the whites of my eyes are red...I removed everything as soon as I suspected something wasn't right. I was able to wear the make-up almost all day before I started to feel weird.

GreenEyedAllie

I woke up this morning with my eye lids swollen...I'm so upset. And the whites of my eyes are red...I removed everything as soon as I suspected something wasn't right. I was able to wear the make-up almost all day before I started to feel weird.
Oh my goodness! Do you think Benadryl would be helpful? Also, my husband gets allergies sometimes and uses Bausch and Lomb Alaway antihistamine drops. You can get them at any drug store. They burn a little going in, but they work fantastic, and that way the medicine will be directly on the affected area.

GlamourKitty

I hope you're better. I agree with the suggestions you've been given re Benadryl and the antihistamine eye drops. Several companies make the latter including CVS and Visine. Also, I know that when my eyes are swollen due to allergies (or crying) closing my eyes and laying a nice cool washcloth gently across my lids feels wonderful. Optional: Having someone hand you chocolate.
greengrin.gif

Feel better and let us know if you figure out the culprit.

Filmfreak

Hope you'll be well again soon, JerseyGirl! That's too bad about the allergy. Years ago I reacted with an allergy to a Dior golden lipstick. I was so angry that I couldn't use it, because it was so beautiful. It's really annoying!

I just hope I won't have the same reaction, since I just ordered the quad along with the Rouge Noir khol from Harrods. With my recent luck regarding beauty LEs .....

I've worn Harmonie du Soir yesterday and knew I couldn't let another quad like this go, no matter how similar they are. I've seen too many swatches that looked great, so I had to have it. Although some here weren't too pleased with it. But that may be a matter of skin tone too, since I remember that Laura Mercier palette so many bloggers deemed badly pigmented, which worked absolutely well for me.

I really wanted the IDO too, but since some of you already received the dreaded hockey pucks or something similar I decided against it. The Or Safran eyeliner tempted me as well, but my budget for unnecessary things didn't allow another item anyway (Mr Kors got the biggest part of it on Saturday, I just love his watches and bracelets
eyelove.gif
).

JerseyGirl

Thank you everyone! I took Allegra (no Benadryl in the house...weird I usually always have some) and some antihistamine eye drops. My eyes are better but the skin around it is still puffy. I'll try the cool compresses, too. I strongly suspect the RN eyeliner which makes me so sad because it is such a nice color.

GreenEyedAllie

For your reading pleasure from Temptalia:

http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-signe-particulier-eyeshadow-quad-review-photos-swatches

I wish she would say what brushes she uses when she does a look because this is not my experience at all with this palette. Though I will say the taupe is not as opaque as I would prefer. I do have to layer that one, but it's lovely when I do. And actually I just wore my TF Plum Ombre again today and was marveling at what a perfect blush it is.

Medgal07

I hope you're better. I agree with the suggestions you've been given re Benadryl and the antihistamine eye drops. Several companies make the latter including CVS and Visine. Also, I know that when my eyes are swollen due to allergies (or crying) closing my eyes and laying a nice cool washcloth gently across my lids feels wonderful. Optional: Having someone hand you chocolate.
greengrin.gif

Feel better and let us know if you figure out the culprit.
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

Hope you'll be well again soon, JerseyGirl! That's too bad about the allergy. Years ago I reacted with an allergy to a Dior golden lipstick. I was so angry that I couldn't use it, because it was so beautiful. It's really annoying!

I just hope I won't have the same reaction, since I just ordered the quad along with the Rouge Noir khol from Harrods. With my recent luck regarding beauty LEs .....

I've worn Harmonie du Soir yesterday and knew I couldn't let another quad like this go, no matter how similar they are. I've seen too many swatches that looked great, so I had to have it. Although some here weren't too pleased with it. But that may be a matter of skin tone too, since I remember that Laura Mercier palette so many bloggers deemed badly pigmented, which worked absolutely well for me.

I really wanted the IDO too, but since some of you already received the dreaded hockey pucks or something similar I decided against it. The Or Safran eyeliner tempted me as well, but my budget for unnecessary things didn't allow another item anyway (Mr Kors got the biggest part of it on Saturday, I just love his watches and bracelets
eyelove.gif
).
I'm totally pleased with Signe Particular and I also have Harmonie du Soir. They actually work well together!! I've only heard of one hockey puck occurrence so far.

I LOVE the IDO. I have several IDOs and the just might be my favorite!!! LOVE IT!!!

Medgal07

For your reading pleasure from Temptalia:

http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-signe-particulier-eyeshadow-quad-review-photos-swatches

I wish she would say what brushes she uses when she does a look because this is not my experience at all with this palette. Though I will say the taupe is not as opaque as I would prefer. I do have to layer that one, but it's lovely when I do. And actually I just wore my TF Plum Ombre again today and was marveling at what a perfect blush it is.
I've stopped reading those. I decided on the product, I happen to love it and that's all that should matter.
greengrin.gif

Latest posts