Chanel Rouge Noir Absolument - Holiday 2015

Prettypackages

anyone else not happy with Chanel SP eye palette. The plum color is indistinguishable when I apply it with the taupe color. I really wanted it to pop more. So disappointed.
I also don't like the highlighter. It doesn't really do anything for me, but I'll give it another shot.

mkoparanova

This is beautiful on you.
I also see the c's. LOL

I might have to get the liner and mascara!

Thank you!! I've been wearing both of them every single day since I got them!
As for the palette, when I apply the burgundy with the taupe, they both look purple on me :nixweiss: I really like it though.

MakeupAli

anyone else not happy with Chanel SP eye palette. The plum color is indistinguishable when I apply it with the taupe color. I really wanted it to pop more. So disappointed.
I also don't like the highlighter. It doesn't really do anything for me, but I'll give it another shot.

Yes, this is what I found too. Although the quad apparently can look lovely on some people when used with the IDO, it has been panned by a lot of bloggers now too. And Sara on ColorMeLoud swatched it with the older special palettes of its ilk and the lesser quality is very obvious in the swatches. Bottom line, a palette needs to work on it own because we are all smart enough to know to mix and match among the better and poorer quality items in a collection and use other items where needed. A few people will buy a product any way because they collect. Unless one falls into that category or has the right coloring and eye shape to look gorgeous in any palette, I feel it's important to pay attention to critical reviews. We want to love everything but not every product is equally deserving.

Prettypackages

thanks for the info. Glad to know it wasn't just me or that I wasn't tripping. I definitely am not going to "force" a $60 quad to work. I'm not doing that with any products anymore.
Yes, this is what I found too. Although the quad apparently can look lovely on some people when used with the IDO, it has been panned by a lot of bloggers now too. And Sara on ColorMeLoud swatched it with the older special palettes of its ilk and the lesser quality is very obvious in the swatches. Bottom line, a palette needs to work on it own because we are all smart enough to know to mix and match among the better and poorer quality items in a collection and use other items where needed. A few people will buy a product any way because they collect. Unless one falls into that category or has the right coloring and eye shape to look gorgeous in any palette, I feel it's important to pay attention to critical reviews. We want to love everything but not every product is equally deserving.

ashievic

I find the quad works better if applied over the d'ombre or a CT fat stick shadow. I love the Rouge Noir d'ombre. I have found the eye pencil in Rouge Noir gets a bit challenging due to my hooded eyes. Love the mascara, and then for extra I use the TF or the Chanel gold mascara on the tips of my lashes.

Filmfreak

Hi ladies!

Haven't had much time to comment lately, but I have something to add about the quad. After my quite awful experiences with some shops I thought I won't buy anything LE for some time now, but one of my friends was in Stuttgart where they had the holiday LE at the Chanel counter, so I decided to rather get the items I wanted. And I'm glad I caved!

I got the Coups de Minuit highlighter, the quad and the Or Safran eyeliner and I have to say I like all of them. I think the quad and the highlighter are made for us paler girls. I have no trouble with the quad, the two shades a lot of people seem to have problems with work quite well for me. The lightest shade comes up as a ballerina pink on me, the second lightest is a taupeish grey lilac with a silky-matte shimmer.

What I really, really love about this quad is the fact that somehow it's the first time I can easily achieve a "no-make-up" look by using the two lighter shades. If I use the always recommended "nude" palettes, I end up with a brownish eye make-up, because my skin is too rose-toned for the beiges and browns in order to make them look natural. The quad has the right amount of rose and violet undertones for my skin. And it works so well with Notorious!

So, for me it's ok, but I think Chanel should have offered a second holiday quad with more intense colours for those of us who aren't fair-skinned. And maybe two versions of the highlighter as well. If Dior can do it, why not Chanel?

JerseyGirl

Hi ladies!

Haven't had much time to comment lately, but I have something to add about the quad. After my quite awful experiences with some shops I thought I won't buy anything LE for some time now, but one of my friends was in Stuttgart where they had the holiday LE at the Chanel counter, so I decided to rather get the items I wanted. And I'm glad I caved!

I got the Coups de Minuit highlighter, the quad and the Or Safran eyeliner and I have to say I like all of them. I think the quad and the highlighter are made for us paler girls. I have no trouble with the quad, the two shades a lot of people seem to have problems with work quite well for me. The lightest shade comes up as a ballerina pink on me, the second lightest is a taupeish grey lilac with a silky-matte shimmer.

What I really, really love about this quad is the fact that somehow it's the first time I can easily achieve a "no-make-up" look by using the two lighter shades. If I use the always recommended "nude" palettes, I end up with a brownish eye make-up, because my skin is too rose-toned for the beiges and browns in order to make them look natural. The quad has the right amount of rose and violet undertones for my skin. And it works so well with Notorious!

So, for me it's ok, but I think Chanel should have offered a second holiday quad with more intense colours for those of us who aren't fair-skinned. And maybe two versions of the highlighter as well. If Dior can do it, why not Chanel?

Thank you for this suggestion- I tried this look today and it worked really well for me. I'm liking this quad more and more!

Medgal07

I find the quad works better if applied over the d'ombre or a CT fat stick shadow. I love the Rouge Noir d'ombre. I have found the eye pencil in Rouge Noir gets a bit challenging due to my hooded eyes. Love the mascara, and then for extra I use the TF or the Chanel gold mascara on the tips of my lashes.

:iagree: Ash. Effortless amazing looks w/these products!!!

Latest posts