MAC Enchanted Eve / Magic Of The Night / Irresistibly Charming Holiday Collection (Oct 18, 2015)

montREALady

@Vandekamp - I'm really sorry it took so long, but here are the swatches I promised. I managed to oversleep the last couple of days so I had no time to swatch in the mornings
blush-anim-cl.gif

stunner - kinky - tenor voice - victoriana - pretty irresistable - heaux2.0 - heaux - ronnie red - damn glamorous - absolute power - riri woo

The pic does a crap job of capturing the differences between the colours, especially the first four (not that they're that different lol). But PI is clearly different from all of them. It's actually brighter and pinker IRL. It's a very clean sort of shade. I have no dupes for it in my collection and I'm a very happy bunny :)
Great swatches! I think I'll wear RiRi Woo tomorrow. I haven't worn it this year at all I don't think
001_unsure.gif

montREALady

My pleasure :flower: Ronnie Red is indeed close to PI, but I found PI to be lighter and brighter. The pink in PI also seems to be more pronounced. That said, I think you can easily get RR by using a darker pencil with PI. Something like Beet (which, incidentally, comes in the set) should do the trick. I haven't worn my RRW for quite some time either. I should wear it more often. It's hands down my favourite Retro Matte :heart:
Still didn't wear it, lol. I put on JP Boca since I'm wearing a strong blush, A Little Lusty.

BuickMackane

Still didn't wear it, lol. I put on JP Boca since I'm wearing a strong blush, A Little Lusty.
Sigh. I do that too with bold lipsticks. I overdo either the eyeshadow or the blush (or both
th_crazy.gif
) so I end up reaching for the least inoffensive option for the lips.

There's always tomorrow. Just make sure ALL is tucked away well out of sight :)

LauraLara

Sigh. I do that too with bold lipsticks. I overdo either the eyeshadow or the blush (or both
th_crazy.gif

Yeah why is that so hard? I always do eyes first and I go all. the. f. out. Then I have to wear a nude lipstick or lipgloss because I can't wear it ALL. Although I do it sometimes for my husband, he likes it when you practically look like a clown lol. If I let him pick what I'm wearing he's like, orange eyeshadow, purple blush, hot pink lipstick, red shirt, green skirt, yellow shoes, blue fake hair (curled and hairsprayed with a bump-it deal going on), eyelashes with feathers on them, big gold earrings, the list goes on. Then I finally succumb and wear what he wants me to wear, RARELY, (since I asked him in the first place, knowing I should never do that) and people keep being like "wow I like your outfit!" and I just know that they're trying to cover for the fact that they were staring lol So I'm trying now to do just lashes and liner on the eyes. It's still strong lashes and strong liner, but I feel like with all black and no eyeshadow (other than nude eyeshadow) I can get away with strong lips. My problem is that I love bold lipstick but I don't like my eyes, so I need to have big winged liner and big lashes. I won't go without those two things. I'd give up foundation before I gave up fake lashes. Ooh hey I'm getting Lasik this december, if it goes well, I can get a bunch of fake glasses, I can wear less eye makeup if I'm wearing glasses because the frames accentuate my eyes. And there's something that drives men crazy about women with glasses in bold lipstick. Maybe it's the naughty teacher/secretary/librarian thing? At least all my boyfriends have liked it. Not sure if girls like it, only ever dated one (but she's AWESOME) and can't remember. Anyhow, that reminds me I have to figure out how to wear the eyeshadows I got with this collection... I like nude lipstick with blue/green eyeshadow...

BuickMackane

Yeah why is that so hard? I always do eyes first and I go all. the. f. out. Then I have to wear a nude lipstick or lipgloss because I can't wear it ALL. Although I do it sometimes for my husband, he likes it when you practically look like a clown lol. If I let him pick what I'm wearing he's like, orange eyeshadow, purple blush, hot pink lipstick, red shirt, green skirt, yellow shoes, blue fake hair (curled and hairsprayed with a bump-it deal going on), eyelashes with feathers on them, big gold earrings, the list goes on. Then I finally succumb and wear what he wants me to wear, RARELY, (since I asked him in the first place, knowing I should never do that) and people keep being like "wow I like your outfit!" and I just know that they're trying to cover for the fact that they were staring lol So I'm trying now to do just lashes and liner on the eyes. It's still strong lashes and strong liner, but I feel like with all black and no eyeshadow (other than nude eyeshadow) I can get away with strong lips. My problem is that I love bold lipstick but I don't like my eyes, so I need to have big winged liner and big lashes. I won't go without those two things. I'd give up foundation before I gave up fake lashes. Ooh hey I'm getting Lasik this december, if it goes well, I can get a bunch of fake glasses, I can wear less eye makeup if I'm wearing glasses because the frames accentuate my eyes. And there's something that drives men crazy about women with glasses in bold lipstick. Maybe it's the naughty teacher/secretary/librarian thing? At least all my boyfriends have liked it. Not sure if girls like it, only ever dated one (but she's AWESOME) and can't remember. Anyhow, that reminds me I have to figure out how to wear the eyeshadows I got with this collection... I like nude lipstick with blue/green eyeshadow...
Priceless!
lol.gif
Your hubby sounds ace! Please buy him a drink on my behalf.

Funny you mention winged eyeliner. It's the one thing that makes me feel like I'm too made up. It doesn't matter what else I have on, it just doesn't feel right. I tried to get used to it but nope, ain't happening. I can do super dark, I can do red eyeshadow all over, I can do off-duty drag queen glitter, but I just can't do winged liner.

Glasses and bold lipstick is a winning combo. Sadly for me, I can't apply any sort of eye makeup without my contacts. I sometimes put on the contacts, do the eyes, and then ditch the contacts in favour of frames. Thick black frames + red lipstick is killer
girl_devil.gif

NaomiH

@Vandekamp  - I'm really sorry it took so long, but here are the swatches I promised. I managed to oversleep the last couple of days so I had no time to swatch in the mornings :blush: stunner - kinky - tenor voice - victoriana - pretty irresistable - heaux2.0 - heaux - ronnie red - damn glamorous - absolute power - riri woo The pic does a crap job of capturing the differences between the colours, especially the first four (not that they're that different lol). But PI is clearly different from all of them. It's actually brighter and pinker IRL. It's a very clean sort of shade. I have no dupes for it in my collection and I'm a very happy bunny :)
They all look different to me! :haha: Thanks for the swatches,Buick!

NaomiH

Team Pretty Irresistable! :pompom: No problem at all. I'm glad they helped :bouquet: My pleasure @Vandekamp  :flower: The difference between Stunner, Kinky and the two Toledos are subtle, but more obvious on the lips. The similarity does not bother me because (1) I love reds! and (2) the texture on these lipsticks are amazing. I may be in the minority, but I'm a huge fan of MAC's new "creamy" matte formula.  :grouphug:
I really like it too. :)

NaomiH

That's because they are different! To the trained eye, that is :haha: Yay! :cheer:
I swear when I do a red swatch fest I can see the differences in them and don't feel bad about having so many because to me they are all different enough to be special in their own way. Sure some are really close in shade,but there is always that one little difference that makes the lippy stand out to me.

montREALady

th_crazy.gif

Sometimes I do all bold and dgaf, lolll! It depends on my mood I guess
girlhaha.gif

Vandekamp

I swear when I do a red swatch fest I can see the differences in them and don't feel bad about having so many because to me they are all different enough to be special in their own way. Sure some are really close in shade,but there is always that one little difference that makes the lippy stand out to me.
I got you. I feel the same about all of my pink-based purple lipsticks and my Nudes.

NaomiH

Naomi, I couldn't agree more. I also find that things that swatch very similarly don't necessarily look that similar when worn. Lip chemistry or something lol. Go for it! You rock every look I've seen you in :)
Yes! They might look identical on your arm but when slathered on your lips,they take on a whole new dimension.

lilinah

Skincare first then eyebrows (mine are as skinny as a 1930s starlet and i don't even pluck them). I wear glasses so i pretty much always do strong eyes, since they're somewhat hidden behind the glass. But the colors i use on my eyes affects what i do on the rest of my face - whether i do strong cheeks or strong lips.

Marsha Pomells

I got you. I feel the same about all of my pink-based purple lipsticks and my Nudes.
Same, I can see the differences in all the purples I own. The Reds... Think I need to train myself more... Or even wear and swatch or something... Off topic (well kinda), I was reading something about the most popular red lipstick on the internet... I know the top 5 red lipsticks... Can anyone name them... Been away for a few days, haven't been feeling too good

Latest posts