MAC Enchanted Eve / Magic Of The Night / Irresistibly Charming Holiday Collection (Oct 18, 2015)

bluelitzer

cheerleader.gif
th_thb5ed765e.gif

NaomiH

Yikes I'm really behind in this thread. I skimmed through and I'm loving everyone's amazing photos! Just wanted to share a few pics of the items I picked Up. So far I've used Oh, darling and I love it! It's not super unique, but it's still beautiful. I'm surprised as to how much I love SOG, it's beautiful!
657003f1_image.jpeg
416083a3_image.jpeg
Nice haul!

pinkcrush

(Just to rub it in a lil more haha ) Shaft of Gold with Film Noir and Brown Script as a contour and La Vie En Rouge on the lips!!!
fbfc9956_image.jpeg

cocofiere

Can someone please swatch SOG next to Magnetic Appeal and Double Definition? I have both of those so if either of those is a dupe, I can chill. I have WOG (and I love that the WnW Fergie highlighter someone swatched earlier is a kinda dupe, since I own all of those too) so OD isn't coming off as a must have. I'm trying to see if it's worth the hunt. Thanks to whoever posted ER next to Strong Woman because that removed ER from my list. So, save for an eyeshadow or three, I'm likely skipping most of this collection.

Prettypackages

Can someone please swatch SOG next to Magnetic Appeal and Double Definition? I have both of those so if either of those is a dupe, I can chill. I have WOG (and I love that the WnW Fergie highlighter someone swatched earlier is a kinda dupe, since I own all of those too) so OD isn't coming off as a must have. I'm trying to see if it's worth the hunt. Thanks to whoever posted ER next to Strong Woman because that removed ER from my list. So, save for an eyeshadow or three, I'm likely skipping most of this collection.
I can do so this weekend if it doesn't come up before then.

pinkcrush

Girl I returned OD because it looked like Champagne Pop, Hollywood Boulevard, a cheap Forever21 highlighter and a plethora of others that I own... Now I will say it doesn't look the same while looking at a heavy swatch but once it's blended out, as the majority of us will wear it, the differences become almost nonexistent. The formula is nice yes, but it doesn't beat Becca no ma'am! I took OD home, swatched and compared and went back to Nordstroms to swap it for SOG which was different from anything else I have in my growing collection. If u have WOG trust me u r good!!!

poodle649

Girl I returned OD because it looked like Champagne Pop, Hollywood Boulevard, a cheap Forever21 highlighter and a plethora of others that I own... Now I will say it doesn't look the same while looking at a heavy swatch but once it's blended out, as the majority of us will wear it, the differences become almost nonexistent. The formula is nice yes, but it doesn't beat Becca no ma'am! I took OD home, swatched and compared and went back to Nordstroms to swap it for SOG which was different from anything else I have in my growing collection. If u have WOG trust me u r good!!!
I 100% agree. I got OD cause of the hype. I will wear it, it is a nice gold highlight in cute packaing, but I could have skipped and been fine. SOG is lovely, but I knew I wouldn't use it often and could not justify purchasing it. I'm not a collector, just a make up lover who needs to cut back a little bit for the holidays!

cocofiere

I can do so this weekend if it doesn't come up before then. 
Thanks!
That's great news! You're right about not noticing the difference because I rotate highlighters, depending on what's closest and most people don't even notice. I notice and my makeup sister-friends notice but regular people? They have no clue.
I 100% agree. I got OD cause of the hype. I will wear it, it is a nice gold highlight in cute packaing, but I could have skipped and been fine. SOG is lovely, but I knew I wouldn't use it often and could not justify purchasing it. I'm not a collector, just a make up lover who needs to cut back a little bit for the holidays!
You and me both! I'm moving soon and will be at The Makeup Show in about a week so I need to be conservative.

Vandekamp

Quote:Originally Posted by leonah
I missed it too was stalking all day and decided to go for a workout. sold out so quick!! so sad now..that was the only thing I really really wanted

Aww @leonah Sorry to hear that you missed out on the launch. Sounds just like Mac. It will be back during a restock hopefully. *fingers crossed*

Quote:Originally Posted by pinkcrush

(Just to rub it in a lil more haha ) Shaft of Gold with Film Noir and Brown Script as a contour and La Vie En Rouge on the lips!!!

Gorgeous.

Quote:Originally Posted by lyseD
Thank you to all of you who "encouraged" me to get Pillow Talk. I love it.
bigheart.gif

Pillow Talk is such a beautiful shade. Glad you loved it.

Quote:Originally Posted by TheLizzer
The collection launched online in Belgium today and I got what I wanted: OD & Please Me - I just couldn't resist the fabulous packaging
amuse.gif

th_thstars.gif
Yay! Glad you were able to get everything that you wanted.

Vandekamp

Thank you for that review. I am new to the highlighter world. I do not have Champagne Pop, WOG, et al. I do now have Diamonds, Shaft of Gold, Oh Darling, Magnetic Appeal, and one or two others. My stash is so small I am not even qualified to be in the Highlighter Thread.
lolz.gif

pinkcrush

Sweetyellow

Ladies, please don't sleep on the pink lip bag. The lip liner and lipstick are gorgeous and pretty unique being that you'd assume it's just another pink lipstick but trust me...it looks nothing like Pink Nouvea, Snob, Girl About Town, or any of the other pinks in the current permanent collection. I don't know how to quite describe it but this pink leans purple and ugh just beautiful. The lipglass though is whatever lol.

Latest posts