Violet Voss Cosmetics

Dolly Snow

Omg, these names are so darn cute!
I don't wear lashes, but these look amazing.
I especially like Black Magic, Dolls just wanna have fun, eye do & Eye DGAF!
Great review Jen!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
* Press samples were provided to Specktra for review consideration.

Nothing adds instant glamour to an eye look like false lashes. I especially like the fluffy, natural look of mink lashes because they look so lush and velvet-like. That said, I was looking for something more affordable to play with, so I was really excited to hear that Violet Voss is launching some "faux mink" lashes. I was curious to see if I can get that fluttery 3D mink look without paying more than 7-9 dollars for each pair.

They have 8 new unique styles. All of which were handmade and cruelty-free. Most of the lashes (with the exception of Wisp It Real Good) were made of multi-layered synthetic hair on a flexible cotton band.

"Black Magic" lashes are ultra sexy and enticing. These are full volume lashes with a criss-cross design and varying lengths of synthetic fibers that are flared on the ends, creating a subtle cat-eyed shape that will surely captivate any person that gets a glimpse of them.

"Dolls Just Wanna Have Fun" are moderate to full volume lashes that will make your eyes pop. Thick at the roots and curled at the ends, these lashes are perfectly layered with a chunky cut-out design and graduated length to create a memorable doll-eyed effect.

"Eye DGAF" lashes are not for the timid. These attention-grabbing, statement-making lashes will definitely make an impression. These extreme volume lashes are multi-layered and packed with as much density as the eye can hold to make your lashes the focal point. (That name though!)

"Eye Do" lashes are perfect for a wedding (or any occasion really) when you want to look naturally beautiful. These are designed in a delicate criss-cross pattern with wispy and lush fibers to create a dreamy, romantic look.

"Striptease" lashes are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. These long, luscious, lust-worthy lashes (sorry, that's a mouthful) were designed in an eye-catching criss-cross pattern with full volume and graduated length, creating a flirtatious, fluttering, feathery effect (okay now say that 5 times fast).

"Vamptress" lashes are seductively flirty and sultry. These moderate to full volume lashes were densely woven along the outer edge to create a subtle winged effect that looks alluring and charming.

"Wisp It Real Good" is the only style in this release made with natural hair hand-tied on an invisible band. These fun and flirty lashes are shorter at the ends and fuller towards the center, creating a beautiful doe-eyed look.

"Wispy My Name" lashes provide a gorgeous, voluminous look. These lashes have wispy ends that start out dainty from the inner corner and gradually thicken at the ends.

So, how do they wear? Since most of these are multi-layered, the cotton bands are thicker and not as flexible as invisible bands. That said, these were extremely easy to apply and comfortable enough to wear. The only issue I had was Striptease separating a little bit where the bands were stacked, but I can probably fix it with a little glue, so it's not really a big deal.

Overall, I really like these lashes. I think they're great for the price, and with the special introductory price of $50 (code: $15off), they end up being $6.25 each during the pre-sale promo. That's pretty darn cheap for something with 2-3 layers. I've only had them for about a week, so I can't tell you how durable they are, but these are supposed to last up to 10 or more uses, and combine that with how inexpensive they are, I think they're great whether you wear false lashes everyday or just want something to play with.

My top three favorites are Black Magic, Eye Do, and Vamptress.

Do you see anything you like? Have you tried anything from Violet Voss?

Where to buy: www.shopvioletvoss.com

Last edited:

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie

Black Magic:

s11917861_412896658920684_1423166083_n.jpg

Dolls Just Wanna Have Fun:

s11821284_457822197733830_2139678917_n.jpg

Eye DGAF:

11336134_1048374281840945_1776808300_n.jpg

Eye Do:

12106178_680844035350816_1116224510_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie

Here's the Violet Voss Naughty or Nice Kit!

12346296_563531087134852_823103288_n.jpg

12346136_188811184799258_1461328372_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie

Violet Voss recently released some matte liquid lipsticks! :yay:

12362453_1683851291854429_2099095858_n.jpg

And here are some swatches for you...

12301274_1656463031280138_653279598_n.jpg

• Slayed is a pale nude with peachy undertones. It's a bit too pale to be used alone (at least on my skin tone), but if you're looking for something to create a nice ombre lip or to lighten other shades, this should work.
  • Lust is a medium pinky brown. I love this one! It's a nice everyday (office-friendly) shade.
  • Risqué is a medium-deep berry mauve. I think it would look gorgeous on everyone.
  • Flirt is a dark grayish taupe brown. It's a great color if you’re looking for something unique.
  • Excessive is a dark espresso brown. It's perfect for a deep and dark, edgy look this winter.

This liquid lipstick formula dries down to a completely matte finish. It has a nice thin consistency that gives a semi-opaque color coverage. It can look a bit streaky with just one layer, so apply another layer to get an even coverage. I did notice the lightest color (Slayed) cracked as soon as the second layer dried down, so instead of layering, I recommend using a lip pencil underneath.

This will stay on for several hours as long as you avoid licking your lips or eating oily food. However, the formula can feel a bit drying over time, so make sure you prep your lips by exfoliating and use a lip balm or primer before application.

Most of the colors on their website are currently sold out, but they will be restocking soon!

Do you see anything you like? Which one's your favorite?

Where to buy: ShopVioletVoss.com

Last edited:

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie

Here's a sneak peek of the NEW Violet Voss Spring 2016 Matte Liquid Lipstick shades launching Jan. 21, 2015.

12479439_1044394392279316_1779408335_n.jpg

What do you think?

Last edited:

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie

Here's a sneak peek of the NEW LE Violet Voss Faux Mink 3D Lashes! Triple-stacked and super fluffy!

12479469_440444649487860_1833289149_n.jpg
From top to bottom: Eye Donut Care, Just Slayin, Sexy And Eye Know It

Gotta love those names... and that pretty pink case!

Availability: Release date TBA but these will be available all weekend long at IMATS!

Last edited:

LavenderPearl

Haha, I've been stalking it. xD Mainly because it reminds me so much of the Lorac Pro/Mega Pros, and I want to know if the formula is similar. In which case I can skip.

It's a gorgeous palette, though, all the warm bronzes and coppers *_* I hope you like yours! Def. update once it arrives!

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Hi guys! :wavey:

We posted these on IG, but in case you missed it, here are photos and swatches of the Violet Voss Holy Grail Palette.

VV sent us the HG palette so we can check it out. Does it live up to the hype?

VVHGP.jpg

VVHGS.jpg

The first thing that stood out to me was how consistently pigmented each eyeshadow is. No duds here!

The eyeshadows are so effortless to work with because they're incredibly smooth and creamy that they blend like a dream! They hold up exceptionally well (even on my oily lids) and last all day (8+ hours) without creasing or fading.

I don't say this lightly, but if you like these shades, I highly recommend getting this palette as soon as it restocks. The HG palette is (hands down) the best Violet Voss product I've tried to-date.

Yes, it totally lives up to the hype!

Last edited:

boschicka

Haha, I've been stalking it. xD Mainly because it reminds me so much of the Lorac Pro/Mega Pros, and I want to know if the formula is similar. In which case I can skip.

It's a gorgeous palette, though, all the warm bronzes and coppers *_* I hope you like yours! Def. update once it arrives!

Thanks and will do! From the pics of the palette, I'm guessing the shadows are more like the newer formula that has come out from various brands like MUFE, Natasha Denona, etc.

leonah

lust and muse liquid lippies are so pretty need to try them soon. happy that beautybay finally got in VV

boschicka

@boschicka How do you like the palette? I definitely need to try it.

Um.....I haven't actually used.....any of the Holy Grail, Drenched Metals, or the Laura Lee palettes I have. :loser:

I recently saw a video of someone complaining about finger swatches being amazing for these vs brush swatches being crap (used the Chikuhodo GSN-9 brush), so I did my own test with the Holy Grail palette. I did brush swatches on top of primer using a MAC 239 brush and didn't have any problems.

I'll update more once I'm able to use them on the eyes. I think the Laura Lee palette is the most versatile.

Latest posts