Pro Palette - Customized

fabulousfab

That's looks really good. I'm glad NARS is finally jumping on board. Now I can create a palette that doesn't have laguna bronzer and orgasm blush that NARS loves to use.

Icecaramellatte

i like that they are selling pans. Why don't they have all the contouring duos in pans? That was one of the next purchases I was considering. Also, the duo I was considering is not being offered in pan form.

Shars

i like that they are selling pans. Why don't they have all the contouring duos in pans? That was one of the next purchases I was considering. Also, the duo I was considering is not being offered in pan form.
I was wondering the same thing. I was looking forward to the darker ones!

shellygrrl

Staff member
Maybe they'll be added on eventually? Not all the single eyeshadows are available in pan form, either, from the looks of it.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
From @SpecktraNet on IG:
  Calling all #NARS fans! #NARSCosmetics is coming out with the #NARSProPalette on September 1st exclusively on NARSCosmetics.com and NARS boutiques! Yes, you'll finally be able to create your very own custom palette of blushes, eyeshadows, and more! There will be 2 size options (small and large) and over 64 refill shades. Large Palette, $18 Small Palette, $14 Single Eyeshadow Refill, $18 Duo Eyeshadow Refill, $18 Blush Refill, $21 Highlighting Blush Refill, $21 Contour Blush Refill, $30 Pressed Powder Refill, $25 Bronzing Powder Refill, $27

Rinstar

I'm excited for this! I definitely want to get at least a small one, maybe the larger one though.

As a girl trying to save money as best she can (NARS makes it SO hard to stick to a budget!), I love having the option of buying just the pans. I'm always surprised at how much packaging alone can cost!

While I won't be buying the palette, I'm thinking of getting a couple blush and eye shadow pans I've been wanting, since it's much cheaper sans compact. I worked out how much I'd be saving by just buying the pans and it's 25 whole bucks which means I could treat myself to an extra if I see anything else I like!

At the same time, I appreciate the durability and overall practicality of having a compact. So I'm torn... Would you take the savings/extra shadow or blush, or the luxury of having each product housed safely in a compact? I'm someone who likes to travel light makeup-wise so I'm not interested in getting a palette. Would you be satisfied having your blushes/shadows in just the plastic clam shell casing that the pans come in?

Side note: I read that NARS does an annual 20% sale and I think it's coming up in November! Yay more savings!

Shars

As a girl trying to save money as best she can (NARS makes it SO hard to stick to a budget!), I love having the option of buying just the pans. I'm always surprised at how much packaging alone can cost!

While I won't be buying the palette, I'm thinking of getting a couple blush and eye shadow pans I've been wanting, since it's much cheaper sans compact. I worked out how much I'd be saving by just buying the pans and it's 25 whole bucks which means I could treat myself to an extra if I see anything else I like!

At the same time, I appreciate the durability and overall practicality of having a compact. So I'm torn... Would you take the savings/extra shadow or blush, or the luxury of having each product housed safely in a compact? I'm someone who likes to travel light makeup-wise so I'm not interested in getting a palette. Would you be satisfied having your blushes/shadows in just the plastic clam shell casing that the pans come in?

Side note: I read that NARS does an annual 20% sale and I think it's coming up in November! Yay more savings!
I'd say get the pans and get the cheapo MAC palettes or something similar if need be. The empty MAC palettes are only $8.

I'd say get the pans and get the cheapo MAC palettes or something similar if need be. The empty MAC palettes are only $8.
Funny you mention the MAC palette, because I actually ordered it not long before I read your reply! For some reason I was under the impression they cost more (I figured this was the reason Z Palettes were the popular alternative) and was surprised to see the large ones (even the double-sided option) were $8. Figured if a palette is that cheap, I might as well get one to keep my loose pans in!

Shars

Funny you mention the MAC palette, because I actually ordered it not long before I read your reply! For some reason I was under the impression they cost more (I figured this was the reason Z Palettes were the popular alternative) and was surprised to see the large ones (even the double-sided option) were $8. Figured if a palette is that cheap, I might as well get one to keep my loose pans in!
I did, too. Until I was randomly in a MAC Pro store and asked the price. When the SA told me the price, I was like "Whatttt???!!" Even the inserts are super cheap. They're like $2 and cover the whole pan!

shellygrrl

Staff member
When MAC redid their palette system a couple of years or so ago, the palettes did cost more than they do now. But they eventually lowered their prices. (I think the old school MAC palettes were more expensive than the current ones are now, as well.)

Now that I have my very first palette on the way, I'm thinking about how convenient it'll be to have all my go-tos in one location! Never considered it before because, as I said, I always thought palettes were more expensive, plus I typically stick to the same few shadows/blushes for months at a time, so getting one never seemed too warranted. But now I'm liking the idea of having a one-stop shop! Can't wait for the NARS sale so I can add to it!

Latest posts