MAC Faerie Whispers Collection (Dec 23 / 26, 2015)

Rinstar

maybe it's a sign that you should buy instead? ;) haha! but yeah I love it it's sooo preetty I got it and cheek pollen too and both are lovely

It's SUPER pretty...would look lovely on you...

I didn't manage to resist and bought both SB and Sprinkle of Magic Lipstick today. Surprisingly, nothing but ATF is sold out at my counter yet. I really understand the hope that something sells out, so that this darn temptation comes to an end, lol. Haven't tried the blush on my cheeks yet but I've just tried the lipstick on. It's 10 p.m. here and I'm in my jammies already with messed up hair and the lighting is sooo off, but I'm constantly looking in the mirror because that lipstick is so incredibly flattering on me. Cannot wait to try it together with the blush. At first, I thought SB was similar to Supercontinental because of swatches here, but SC turns out a lot more orange on my skintone.

Ugh yea, you are all right. I think I just have to buy it. Otherwise whenever it does sell out, I will be all sad LOL. I really want Sprinkle of Magic too...

leonah

how are the eyeshadows? is it worth getting 2-3 pieces for the high price or not? I really like the look of faerie fayre, magic in your eyes and joy toy/fairy land

AnitaK

I think I have decided to skip this after all. I was considering the blushes but I am just 'meh' about them.

GreenEyedAllie

Ugh yea, you are all right. I think I just have to buy it. Otherwise whenever it does sell out, I will be all sad LOL. I really want Sprinkle of Magic too...

Good decision! :dogdance:

how are the eyeshadows? is it worth getting 2-3 pieces for the high price or not? I really like the look of faerie fayre, magic in your eyes and joy toy/fairy land

I have FF, MIYE, and JT. Ultimately, I'm happy to have them enough to not return them, but I'm not sure I would buy all 3 again. My favorite by far is FF. I think JT is just a lighter slightly more gold version, so it complements well. MIYE is really pretty, but I get terrible fallout with it even with primer (I know a lot of people have been raving about no fallout, but that's not true for me with this shade). I don't have that issue so much with the other two, though. They are VERY sparkly, so you have to like that. My rec would be to grab one and good from there.

leonah

I have FF, MIYE, and JT. Ultimately, I'm happy to have them enough to not return them, but I'm not sure I would buy all 3 again. My favorite by far is FF. I think JT is just a lighter slightly more gold version, so it complements well. MIYE is really pretty, but I get terrible fallout with it even with primer (I know a lot of people have been raving about no fallout, but that's not true for me with this shade). I don't have that issue so much with the other two, though. They are VERY sparkly, so you have to like that. My rec would be to grab one and good from there.

Yeah I think I need to go by the store and let a MUA help me haha but yes I love sparkly and shiny things even though I'm most of the time a matte girl I love some pops of sparkly stuff on my face :D FF is my fav too! but can't decide if I need both JT and MIYE too. I saw someone on insta make sort of a soft smokey eye look with two (I think) of the eyeshadows - MIYE and some of the lighter ones just softly brushed on the eyes and it looked so pretty

Monsy

I am so glad i got both beauty and iridescent powder. they are both smooth and pigmented and lovely colors. iridescent doesn't have that chunky shimmer like the one from cinderella

lilinah

As it says in my Sig, i'm never too old for glitter...

I was going to be very moderate with this collection, one lipstick and maybe 2 or 3 shadows. Then i went into the store to swatch... I got way more eyeshadows than i planned because they looked so nice and have such a nice smooth almost metallic finish.

Foiled Eye Shadows:
Sweet Illusion was the only one i was sure i was going to get. Sparkly neutrals are daily wear for me on my lids.
But after swatching i also got:
Fly By Twilight
Fairy Land
Joy Toy
and Magic in Your Eyes, which i was going to skip because it looked too dark in on-line swatches, but, well, it came home with me. I haven't used any of them wet yet, but i look forward to doing it.

Sparkling Rose Iridescent Pressed Powder looks pink, pale and only slightly warm to me, not "soft peach". I've used it quite often since i got it as a highlighter.
and
Gossamer Wing Lipstick - i seem to have been on a serious nude lipstick kick for the past year or two

I skipped Pearl Sunshine Beauty Powder - it would be a blush on me - because on me it looked more like pale tangerine than champagne, and i already have too many blushes.
And i skipped Among the Fireflies because it was also too warm for me - i prefer cool browns.

I suppose it was OK, because of the collections i know about for 2016 January-March i want almost nothing.

Last edited:

CrimsonQuill157

I am regretting Pearl Sunshine. It swatches beautifully with my finger, but when applied to my cheek, all that beautiful shimmer just goes away. Wonder if I am applying it incorrectly :nixweiss:

patentg33k

In response to @leonah (sorry, quote not working for me) I really like them-they aren't super finely milled but very usable and pretty. I own five at this point, they're so blendable. Used wet they really pop.

B

Buffy89

I am regretting Pearl Sunshine. It swatches beautifully with my finger, but when applied to my cheek, all that beautiful shimmer just goes away. Wonder if I am applying it incorrectly :nixweiss:

I'm sorry that I cannot help you concerning the shimmer (maybe you could try a different brush), but PS didn't work on me as well, not even as a blusher. It swatched like butter and I really could swipe my finger tips through that pan all the time:heart:, but on my face, it looked as if I had dirt on my cheeks or like a bad foundation choice. I'm generally cool-toned and quite pale, but my skin has a yellow undertone. It's such a pity PS didn't work for me, but I was lucky enough to try it at the counter before making a bad purchase. Hope somebody can help you so that you can enjoy yours!

CrimsonQuill157

I'm sorry that I cannot help you concerning the shimmer (maybe you could try a different brush), but PS didn't work on me as well, not even as a blusher. It swatched like butter and I really could swipe my finger tips through that pan all the time:heart:, but on my face, it looked as if I had dirt on my cheeks or like a bad foundation choice. I'm generally cool-toned and quite pale, but my skin has a yellow undertone. It's such a pity PS didn't work for me, but I was lucky enough to try it at the counter before making a bad purchase. Hope somebody can help you so that you can enjoy yours!

It did the same on me!! I had to put a highlight over it to make it work. Unfortunately I've thrown the box away or I'd take it back.

B

Buffy89

It did the same on me!! I had to put a highlight over it to make it work. Unfortunately I've thrown the box away or I'd take it back.

Oh no, what a pity. On top of a cool toned blush, I guess one can make it work somehow as well. It's so gorgeous in swatches :screams:

Monsy

If you're asking me, I got it at a MAC counter. Still have receipt.

i think you can return it without a problem. i sent back a blush to mac without a box and they said it's not needed if you have proof of purchase. same thing with nordies and sephora not having box is fine

Latest posts