URBAN DECAY X GWEN STEFANI

sagehen

Not yet, only placed my order early this a.m...from Nordies so we all know I'm not seeing it until next week! Is the palette itself as nice in person as it seems? The actual palette, not the shadows, lol.
The palette itself is nice and the huge mirror is sweet. I still say Punk needs to be a single and many of the shades are not very pigmented (YKWIM, enough t really show up on us - there are plenty pale shadows with enough pigment to still show up on dark skin so this disappoints me even though we both know this palette was not made with us in mind lol). There are several shadows in it I "like" so I am keeping it, for those shadows and the packaging. It was worth the price. Barely.

Last edited:

montREALady

The palette itself is nice and the huge mirror is sweet. I still say Punk needs to be a single and many of the shades are not very pigmented (YKWIM, enough t really show up on us - there are plenty pale shadows with enough pigment to still show up on dark skin). There are several shadows in it I "like" so I am keeping it, for those shadows and the packaging. It was worth the price. Barely.

Nice re the mirror, though I don't use them ha! Is there a brush? Don't remember seeing one (I'll Google in a minute) but for some reason I love using the brush provided in my Naked 3 and ABH palettes! Lazy, lol. I'm thinking lighter colors are better for our skin. It's the brownish ones that don't. Did you use primer under? If so, which one? I alternate between UDPP OG and AA.

sagehen

Nice re the mirror, though I don't use them ha! Is there a brush? Don't remember seeing one (I'll Google in a minute) but for some reason I love using the brush provided in my Naked 3 and ABH palettes! Lazy, lol. I'm thinking lighter colors are better for our skin. It's the brownish ones that don't. Did you use primer under? If so, which one? I alternate between UDPP OG and AA.
I am using primer with my greasy old eyelids lol! I used Ruby Kisses supposed UPDD dupe today, WnW Fergie yesterday. These are my go to primers. Another note, the shadows pull pink on me after 30 min or so. Oh, no brush.

Twinkle_Twinkle

The FOMO I was having regarding this palette was oh so real. I just used my Sephora coupon to snag it. I hope I like it!

montREALady

I am using primer with my greasy old eyelids lol! I used Ruby Kisses supposed UPDD dupe today, WnW Fergie yesterday. These are my go to primers. Another note, the shadows pull pink on me after 30 min or so. Oh, no brush.
Okay thanks. I never bothered checking.

The FOMO I was having regarding this palette was oh so real. I just used my Sephora coupon to snag it. I hope I like it!
I ordered mine from Nordies right when it launched and it only just shipped last night. I'm thinking about ordering it from Sephora to use my coupon and returning the Nordies one. Did you get it? How do you like it?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Okay thanks. I never bothered checking.

I ordered mine from Nordies right when it launched and it only just shipped last night. I'm thinking about ordering it from Sephora to use my coupon and returning the Nordies one. Did you get it? How do you like it?

I got mine late last week. I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I like it enough. I think there are enough shades to make it worth having (if you like Urban shadows and palettes, which I do, lol) and with the $25 off it was kind of a no brainer.

MaryJane

Tiffany D on You Tube did 2 holiday looks using this palette and they both looked great. It showed that the colors can be used for more than neutral/natural looks. I have the palette and am really glad I purchased it. The quality throughout is consistent and I think it can be used for a range of looks.

montREALady

Tiffany D on You Tube did 2 holiday looks using this palette and they both looked great. It showed that the colors can be used for more than neutral/natural looks. I have the palette and am really glad I purchased it. The quality throughout is consistent and I think it can be used for a range of looks.

I think you're right. You have to see it in person to realize it's not as "boring" as it may seem. The pics I was seeing before buying it did not sell it to me. A lot of the colors looked the same. But nope. And they feel like butter! Can't wait to experiment with it.

revoltofagirl

The palette itself is nice and the huge mirror is sweet. I still say Punk needs to be a single and many of the shades are not very pigmented (YKWIM, enough t really show up on us - there are plenty pale shadows with enough pigment to still show up on dark skin so this disappoints me even though we both know this palette was not made with us in mind lol). There are several shadows in it I "like" so I am keeping it, for those shadows and the packaging. It was worth the price. Barely.

I want Punk to be a single! It's the only color I want from the palette

montREALady

I want Punk to be a single! It's the only color I want from the palette

Love Punk! Been wearing it since I got it mainly as a crease color but wore it on my lid as my main color yesterday... Wish I took a better pic of my eyes.
res_1449969287103_wm.jpg

Found a better one:
res_1450072858431_wm.jpg

Brow bone:
20151211_082349_wm.jpg

Last edited:

Rinstar

I just got this palette as a Christmas gift and really like it so far! I've only worn it today, but I used a couple of the shadows and they all were nicely pigmented and applied well. I like it a lot more than I thought at first!

Rinstar

sullenxriot182

I can honestly say I really don't like the eye palette, which depresses me lol. I wanted to love it. I am pretty excited for the blush one though. Just hoping it's the same formula as their current blushes because I LOVE them!! I noticed that all the new stuff (lipsticks, lip pencils, blush palette) is up on UD's site but not available yet. Is there a date for them to go live?

Miradan

I can honestly say I really don't like the eye palette, which depresses me lol. I wanted to love it. I am pretty excited for the blush one though. Just hoping it's the same formula as their current blushes because I LOVE them!! I noticed that all the new stuff (lipsticks, lip pencils, blush palette) is up on UD's site but not available yet. Is there a date for them to go live?

January 12 on UD.com, according to the email I got this morning. Not sure when for other places.

montREALady

I'm actually surprised that I like it considering I didn't really want it. I wore it yesterday and today and for a solid week when I got it (I didn't really wear any makeup during the holidays, lol). I want that blush palette.

Miradan

FYI, Karen has two posts up, one with swatches of all the products, and one with lip swatches of the lipsticks.

NATlar

I absolutely love her eye palette can't wait to get her blush palette along with two of her lip shades Ex Girlfriend and Firebird... totally my shades <3 I'm quite surprised all her lipsticks ain't matte though :(

B

Buffy89

I got the eye palette back in December and I really love it. All shades (except for the pink and blue) are exactly what I like and normally use.
Now, I really want to have the blush palette, and I really want to like the shades because I've listened to No Doubt since I was in 5th grade, but I guess at least two, the warm toned bronzer and OC which turned out yellowish on Phyrra, won't suit me. On the other hand, I do love the other shades. Anyway, I don't know when it'll be released in Europe yet.
And I'd also like to get Ex-Girlfriend lipstick, just for reasons of fangirling.

Latest posts