URBAN DECAY X GWEN STEFANI

GreenEyedAllie

Ulta sent me a one-time use 20% coupon this morning that can be used on prestige brands. I'm getting the matching Firebird liner and maybe another lipstick from this collection. I really liked Wonderland when I swatched it so maybe that one or Rock Steady.

Edit: Got Firebird liner (got the lipstick yesterday from Macy's), Wonderland lipstick and liner and the UD waterline black pencil. With the discount and $12 Ulta Rewards dollars my total with taxes was $54.87. Yay!

I was excited to get that coupon, too, since I've been on the fence about this stuff. I got the blush palette, ex-gf lipstick and pencil, and rock steady lipstick. Yay indeed!

GreenEyedAllie

So my parents gave me the eyeshadow palette for my birthday. I was a little worried about it since so many people have been disappointed, but I've got to say I love it and have been wearing it almost everyday! I find the shades different and not too similar; however, I am the sort of pale gal this thing was designed for, so it makes sense that it would work well for me.

I also received my blush palette, Ex-GF, and Rock Steady that I ordered during Ulta's 20% off sale....LOVE LOVE LOVE Ex-GF and the liner (AND I'M NOT A LINER GIRL). These are beautiful and perfect, and even the lipstick alone is not too sheer on me. Rock Steady is a solid gorgeous red, but I find it applies jagged...I may need the liner if that will help matters. The big surprise is I don't really care for the blush palette...it all applies SUPER sheer on me. I'm going to try a few different brushes before I write it off, though. Anyone else experience this?

MaryJane

So my parents gave me the eyeshadow palette for my birthday. I was a little worried about it since so many people have been disappointed, but I've got to say I love it and have been wearing it almost everyday! I find the shades different and not too similar; however, I am the sort of pale gal this thing was designed for, so it makes sense that it would work well for me.

I also received my blush palette, Ex-GF, and Rock Steady that I ordered during Ulta's 20% off sale....LOVE LOVE LOVE Ex-GF and the liner (AND I'M NOT A LINER GIRL). These are beautiful and perfect, and even the lipstick alone is not too sheer on me. Rock Steady is a solid gorgeous red, but I find it applies jagged...I may need the liner if that will help matters. The big surprise is I don't really care for the blush palette...it all applies SUPER sheer on me. I'm going to try a few different brushes before I write it off, though. Anyone else experience this?

As someone who is light/fair skinned, I think this collection was made for us. I have no complaints about the e/s palette.
I really like the blush palette too. I don't find them to be sheer at all. The last two in each row I treat as highlighters. OC looks gorgeous under matte blushes. The middle shade in the top row is super pigmented. I barely put a brush in it and I get great color payoff.

montREALady

I picked up wonderland and the matching liner today as well as a BU of the blush palette as i can see me hitting pan an they're only 2.8g...... now this is me finished with the collection haha!

I was excited to get that coupon, too, since I've been on the fence about this stuff. I got the blush palette, ex-gf lipstick and pencil, and rock steady lipstick. Yay indeed!

Got my stuff too! I haven't tried any of the liners nor Wonderland. I kind of went nuts in the last week so not sure when I'll get to them, lmaoooo!
20160203_212056_wm.jpg
(Missing is the MAC Holiday Coral Lip Compact!)

Love the e/s palette!! I used it for about a week straight when I got it. Wearing it today actually:
8138e165-6ccb-45b1-9df8-f8e0dcda4d81_wm.jpg
I'm not pale and it works on me! I know a lot of WOC don't seem to like it.

GreenEyedAllie

Got my stuff too! I haven't tried any of the liners nor Wonderland. I kind of went nuts in the last week so not sure when I'll get to them, lmaoooo!
View attachment 51980

Love the e/s palette!! I used it for about a week straight when I got it. Wearing it today actually:
View attachment 51981

That looks SO pretty on you! Even prettier than on me TBH. Yeah, I don't know why WOC do not seem to love it. It obviously works beautifully on darker skin tones. I feel like ladies in the 20/30 range might have the hardest time, but it's all in what you want out of the palette.

montREALady

As someone who is light/fair skinned, I think this collection was made for us. I have no complaints about the e/s palette.
I really like the blush palette too. I don't find them to be sheer at all. The last two in each row I treat as highlighters. OC looks gorgeous under matte blushes. The middle shade in the top row is super pigmented. I barely put a brush in it and I get great color payoff.
Now the blush palette isn't worth it for me because of skin-tone, one worked, two were too pale and the rest were all highlighters on me, which I don't need.

That looks SO pretty on you! Even prettier than on me TBH. Yeah, I don't know why WOC do not seem to love it. It obviously works beautifully on darker skin tones. I feel like ladies in the 20/30 range might have the hardest time, but it's all in what you want out of the palette.
Thanks a lot!! I used 1987, Serious, Anaheim, Bathwater and Pop. I think a lot just don't want to spend the money to be disappointed. But it's in stores now so they can swatch it themselves I guess. I own many palettes where I use more colors than others, this is no exception. You're right, I guess it's what they are looking for. I also think people see Gwen and expect a traditional UD palette with wild colors because of how she dresses, etc. But as people have pointed out, her lips are usually her focus when it comes to makeup.

Last edited:

Icecaramellatte

View attachment 51980

View attachment 51981

You are killing it!:fly:

sagehen

View attachment 51980

View attachment 51981
I need you tpo try the NYX lip lingerie and post your thoughts...

iqaganda

Was it just me not liking these lipsticks? They feel so thick on the lips and after three hours they start to make my lips feel dry to the point that it fades away starting from the middle. And the worst part is, they feather..

B

Buffy89

Was it just me not liking these lipsticks? They feel so thick on the lips and after three hours they start to make my lips feel dry to the point that it fades away starting from the middle. And the worst part is, they feather..

I only own Ex-Girlfriend so I cannot say a lot about the feathering. Surprisingly, I haven't worn it a lot. I expected it to be different in formula, more hydrating. It's all right, but still, I expected something else. I cannot compare it to other UD lipsticks because I 've just tried the Pulp Fiction one a few times and destashed it.

montREALady

I only own Ex-Girlfriend so I cannot say a lot about the feathering. Surprisingly, I haven't worn it a lot. I expected it to be different in formula, more hydrating. It's all right, but still, I expected something else. I cannot compare it to other UD lipsticks because I 've just tried the Pulp Fiction one a few times and destashed it.

So embarrassing, I've used Firebird once and don't remember. I haven't had a chance to try it with the matching liner nor Wonderland lipstick and its liner to even notice how they wear :eek: I'm just not wearing those colors now. I've been wearing more dark colors, browns, nudes, etc.

Livvie1010

New User
I've never used this brand before but have heard good things and have been wanting to try out their eyeshadow and lip liner any suggestions?

B

Buffy89

So embarrassing, I've used Firebird once and don't remember. I haven't had a chance to try it with the matching liner nor Wonderland lipstick and its liner to even notice how they wear :eek: I'm just not wearing those colors now. I've been wearing more dark colors, browns, nudes, etc.

Lol, I do feel the same way about my Ex-Girlfriend lipstick. Or a lot of other products. I try to calm down my conscience by thinking this is normal for bigger makeup kits.

fur4elise

View attachment 52581 View attachment 52582 20160226_173519-01_resized.jpeg

UD GS Firebird Liner & Lip ~ My big splurge for February & my first lippie in forever!
Wore it for Sat date night. Jury is out on the liner. I love the lipstick color! I did use balm as the formula is not moisturizing & primer under to prevent staining. The pigmenation def stains!

montREALady

Heyyy. Ulta has the blush palette and brow box 1/2 off today only, so $22.50 and $15 respectively. The palette is sold out online but your local store may have it. Both of those items weren't woc friendly (or anyone darker than Gwen, lol!) so I'm thinking their sales weren't great, hence the sale because the eye shadow palette is still full price.

Kaidan

I just bought the eye shadow and blush palette online @ Sephora. I still haven't seen the blush palette in person but I did see the eyeshadow one and it looked decent. I still can't decide on the lipsticks but I do want Ex-Girlfriend everything and maybe Rocksteady.

Kaidan

So late to the party but... My palettes came super fast and got to play with them for a week. UD really killed it with the packaging! :) It's one of the best packaging styles that I've seen in a while and I'm not even a fan of gold per say. The eye shadow palette is really amazing even if it's a bunch of neutrals with pops of color. The matte shades were ridiculously smooth and blended well. The shimmer shades were great as usual. Pop and 1987 are my misses due to the latter not being a shade I'd use frequently and despite Pop being a beautiful color, the glitter texture shades a turn off for me. Despite those two shades, the palette is a big winner for me.

The blush palette is really nice, but I found it too warm with some shades being a bit similar, and didn't like Lo-Fi. I don't mind the sheerness, but that's more of my liking and I'm glad it was stated beforehand because their perm blushes and highlighters are very pigmented and awesome. My favorites were Hush, Easy, and OC (mixed with either Cherry or Easy). Lo-Fi is a bronzer for me and it was too warm toned. OC's base color is a bit tricky to use alone but works well mixed with another color or sheer. Overall the blush (more like highlighter) palette is nice to have, but not really needed.

I had to hunt down Ex-Girlfriend lipstick because it was sold out everywhere in stores and online. I ended up buying it @ EvilBay for a reasonable price, but the color and formula was worth it. I bought Firebird ls and liner during the sale and it's a beautiful fuchsia.

montREALady

So late to the party but... My palettes came super fast and got to play with them for a week. UD really killed it with the packaging! :) It's one of the best packaging styles that I've seen in a while and I'm not even a fan of gold per say. The eye shadow palette is really amazing even if it's a bunch of neutrals with pops of color. The matte shades were ridiculously smooth and blended well. The shimmer shades were great as usual. Pop and 1987 are my misses due to the latter not being a shade I'd use frequently and despite Pop being a beautiful color, the glitter texture shades a turn off for me. Despite those two shades, the palette is a big winner for me.

The blush palette is really nice, but I found it too warm with some shades being a bit similar, and didn't like Lo-Fi. I don't mind the sheerness, but that's more of my liking and I'm glad it was stated beforehand because their perm blushes and highlighters are very pigmented and awesome. My favorites were Hush, Easy, and OC (mixed with either Cherry or Easy). Lo-Fi is a bronzer for me and it was too warm toned. OC's base color is a bit tricky to use alone but works well mixed with another color or sheer. Overall the blush (more like highlighter) palette is nice to have, but not really needed.

I had to hunt down Ex-Girlfriend lipstick because it was sold out everywhere in stores and online. I ended up buying it @ EvilBay for a reasonable price, but the color and formula was worth it. I bought Firebird ls and liner during the sale and it's a beautiful fuchsia.

I like the e/s palette too and I agree about the packaging. That blush one is not for dark skin. I got Ex-Girlfriend from Sephora.com right when their sale started. I didn't know it was that sheer, I got it with the liner thankfully. I had gotten Firebird and Wonderland lipsticks and liners when it launched. Who would have known the whole damned collection (minus the e/s palette) would have went on sale so fast?! Jeez. I was thinking of getting 714 from Macy's but it sold out...I think mine may have it in store but it ain't that serious for me, hahaha.

DILLIGAF

I got Rock Steady l/s when the collection launched. Then I grabbed Wonderland and Firebird during the VIB sale. These lipsticks are very good. They are different formula from their normal revolution, sheer revolution and matte lipsticks. They are richer. Creamy without being sticky or drying. I hope this is a clue as to what the Alice lipsticks will be like.

montREALady

I hate walking through Macy's, I just bought 714 lipstick. $12, what the heck. I went to pick up an order and make a return then somehow found myself in the makeup section.

Latest posts