NARS Dual intensity eyeshadow palette - disappointed :(

noonootoo

I bought the NARS dual intensity eyeshadow palette when it came out and I have to say I'm not impressed. I just don't reach for this at all I've used them wet and dry and the pigmentation doesn't bowl me over. It's just a bit meh to me. What are other people's opinions? What am I doing wrong? I wanted to love it! I'm just disappointed!

Whenever I'm underwhelmed by an eyeshadow's pigmentation, I use it over a shimmery creamy eye-base like Maybelline's Barely Branded (I'd use Laura Mercier's Caviar Sticks if they were cheaper!). I find products like these lock the pigments down better than using the shadow alone, wet, or even over a regular eye primer. I think it's because cream shadows can be a bit thicker and tackier/sticker--before they set at least. If you've tried that and still aren't having luck, try Fryinnae's Pixie Epoxy. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I've read glowing reviews. It's designed for the company's loose pigments, but I know people have success using it with pressed shadows as well!

Fryinnae Pixie Epoxy: http://fyrinnae.com/finishing-powders-primers/pixie-epoxy/

(Side note: The Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks can be layered to the heavens, but in my experience, the Maybelline Color Tattoos need one, maybe two layers before they look cake-y/crepe-y on the lids. That said; Barely Branded is a staple in my makeup stash as it's so pigmented that I don't need much!)

Latest posts