Pat McGrath Beauty

elegant-one

Mine arrived with no warning (no shipment notification) on Saturday. Meh. I left a review on the blog. I need Miss McGrath to do better in the packaging department.
On the skin:
View attachment 53883
The highlight and pigment work fine on oily skin. The balm is a no go. The brush is a waste. The result is a very subtle glow (no shimmer. It's very 'skin-like') provided you use fingers and a light touch. A little goes a long way.

Doesn't matter LOL! You look GORGEOUS!!! Oh the horror stories of those sequins :doh:

I did not buy this. Somehow I just wasn't feeling it. I did buy 4 of the new CT palette though :rofl:

And, I'm SOOO in love with Burberry lately.

GreenEyedAllie

So I used my nude one this weekend, and I LOVE it! It does not amp up nearly as much as I thought it would...or at least, not as easily. I think a lot of why it looked super super shiny was the lighting used in the pics/videos. My husband rarely comments on my make up except to say I/it looks nice/pretty or particularly well done, but after I put this on, he walked in and was like...'Something's different. I like it. You look really hott.' SO for me, it's a keeper. :yess:

I agree that the packaging of the products themselves was a bit disappointing, but thanks to the warning from you ladies, I was careful opening the packet and had minimal sequin issues. My husband and I are going to plop them in a bowl for my toddler to play with.

awickedshape

and what will you be getting? :) I might still try these I'm looking for something that gives a skin-like glow without shine/sheen.

Recently I got the Burberry Nude Gold and London With Love palettes and resdiscovered my lover for the peachy gold highlighter in TF Pink Glow so I'll be ok.
I mostly use Tilbury's Filmstar light highlight

elegant-one

So I used my nude one this weekend, and I LOVE it! It does not amp up nearly as much as I thought it would...or at least, not as easily. I think a lot of why it looked super super shiny was the lighting used in the pics/videos. My husband rarely comments on my make up except to say I/it looks nice/pretty or particularly well done, but after I put this on, he walked in and was like...'Something's different. I like it. You look really hott.' SO for me, it's a keeper. :yess:

I agree that the packaging of the products themselves was a bit disappointing, but thanks to the warning from you ladies, I was careful opening the packet and had minimal sequin issues. My husband and I are going to plop them in a bowl for my toddler to play with.

Aww, that is SO sweet of him! Hottie Allie :wow::yes:

fur4elise

View attachment 53848

They're here!!!!! And OMG they are so pretty! That combined with the apparent glitter bomb waiting inside makes me hesitate to open. Eeeeek!!!!

Glitter Bombs About To Happen! :rofl:I love opening up goodies! :D
Good luck with the paper! You can do it! I have students running amok around the college getting ready for the annual exhibition opening tomorrow at 4 PM! Good times! Good times!

K I'm kinda in love with mine :p.

I tried to take the best pics possible, but it's so hard to capture the true color and reflects from the Pat McGrath pigment! In my photo, from top to bottom, are Colourpop Monster, Nude pigment, Balm from the stick duo, Highlighter from the stick duo.

View attachment 53868

Dat violet reflect! Yummmmmm!

Mine arrived with no warning (no shipment notification) on Saturday. Meh. I left a review on the blog. I need Miss McGrath to do better in the packaging department.
On the skin:
View attachment 53883
The highlight and pigment work fine on oily skin. The balm is a no go. The brush is a waste. The result is a very subtle glow (no shimmer. It's very 'skin-like') provided you use fingers and a light touch. A little goes a long way.

See Elegant's quote below...You is so gorgeous! :flowers: Speaking of which! Tell me it was you that posted that most awesome pic wearing the Tatcha Sunrise: A Plum Blossom...a while back. My Kyoto Silk is on its way as we speak. :D Now I'm hoping Tatcha will re-release Plum Blossom...my only missed out on, regret this year. I am really okay that I missed/skipped this release based on y'all's reviews.

Doesn't matter LOL! You look GORGEOUS!!! Oh the horror stories of those sequins :doh:
I did not buy this. Somehow I just wasn't feeling it. I did buy 4 of the new CT palette though :rofl:

And, I'm SOOO in love with Burberry lately.

boschicka

So I used my nude one this weekend, and I LOVE it! It does not amp up nearly as much as I thought it would...or at least, not as easily. I think a lot of why it looked super super shiny was the lighting used in the pics/videos. My husband rarely comments on my make up except to say I/it looks nice/pretty or particularly well done, but after I put this on, he walked in and was like...'Something's different. I like it. You look really hott.' SO for me, it's a keeper.

I agree, the one I have is definitely less scary than I thought it would be. I have nude, so I ordered golden today. :catdance: I don't think I'll layer the products or use the balm, but I knew as much going into the purchase.

I love your husband's reaction!!! Foxy lady! :bed:

PS. Good luck with your research. I hope you get published in any journals you submit your papers to!

GreenEyedAllie

I agree, the one I have is definitely less scary than I thought it would be. I have nude, so I ordered golden today. :catdance: I don't think I'll layer the products or use the balm, but I knew as much going into the purchase.

I love your husband's reaction!!! Foxy lady! :bed:

PS. Good luck with your research. I hope you get published in any journals you submit your papers to!

Don't be afraid to layer! That's what I did and received that (ahem) reaction. :rofl:

Thanks!! It's always a combination of nerve-wracking and annoying, but I need it to get out the door.

Prettypackages

OHhh how nice!! I love it!

Recently I got the Burberry Nude Gold and London With Love palettes and resdiscovered my lover for the peachy gold highlighter in TF Pink Glow so I'll be ok.
I mostly use Tilbury's Filmstar light highlight
OHhh I just reorganized my makeup so I can see everything and give stuff away. (I even gave my mom Wes and another TF Boy lipstick.) But you just reminded me of that TF pink glow, I think I'll use it tomorrow.

Ingenue

Thanks Ladies! And yes, that was me with Plum Blossom. I'm glad everyone is finding their way with the sets and avoiding sequin overload. LOL. I definitely think those Burberry Nude and White highlighters do more of a 'skin' vs. shimmer finish. I still love Becca Pearl as well. I wore Nude and found that the highlighter still has a 'golden' sheen to it, which is practical. It's not white like I initially thought it was. I will NOT be layering that iridescent pink over it. No ma'am! I'll end up looking like a pink disco ball... :rotfl:

Ingenue

fotd skin fetish nude 1.jpg fotd skin fetish nude.jpg
Skin Fetish 003 in Nude. I had to offset it with contrast, otherwise I think I'd look a lil' shiny and crazy...:scared:
The iridescent pink is on my eyes as a shadow.

Sabrunka

My golden arrives today :) Yay! Not sure if I want the highlighting stick though so I may try to sell it.

boschicka

Golden arrived today. I prefer nude.

The box arrived with gold sequins stuck to the tape on the OUTSIDE of the box! There were gold sequins and glitter all inside the box, but my bag of sequins/products was stuffed to the brim, so I'm thinking the dang things must have multiplied!!! I get my packages delivered to work, so I'm going to be a favorite with the custodial crew tonight, geesh!

GreenEyedAllie

Golden arrived today. I prefer nude.

The box arrived with gold sequins stuck to the tape on the OUTSIDE of the box! There were gold sequins and glitter all inside the box, but my bag of sequins/products was stuffed to the brim, so I'm thinking the dang things must have multiplied!!! I get my packages delivered to work, so I'm going to be a favorite with the custodial crew tonight, geesh!

Dying!!! Hahahahaha!! :rofl:

Latest posts