Pat McGrath Beauty

fur4elise

Golden arrived today. I prefer nude.

The box arrived with gold sequins stuck to the tape on the OUTSIDE of the box! There were gold sequins and glitter all inside the box, but my bag of sequins/products was stuffed to the brim, so I'm thinking the dang things must have multiplied!!! I get my packages delivered to work, so I'm going to be a favorite with the custodial crew tonight, geesh!

Like Star Trek Tribbles! :rofl:~ I could not resist since...well ya know 50th anniversary Trekkie stuffs ;)

Sabrunka

Oh my goodness. The golden is just beautiful, wtf I want to cry. Actually both are beautiful. I used the gold cream highlighter then applied the golden pigment on top and omg, magic!! The golden pigment on its own looks a bit sparkly, but together, HOT DAMN! I AM NOT SELLING THE STICK. I said I probably would but NO, it's mine lol.

boschicka

Oh my goodness. The golden is just beautiful, wtf I want to cry. Actually both are beautiful. I used the gold cream highlighter then applied the golden pigment on top and omg, magic!! The golden pigment on its own looks a bit sparkly, but together, HOT DAMN! I AM NOT SELLING THE STICK. I said I probably would but NO, it's mine lol.

Ha! Yes, the sparkly issue is why I prefer the nude. But just to look at, it's gorgeous.

Sabrunka

Ha! Yes, the sparkly issue is why I prefer the nude. But just to look at, it's gorgeous.

Lol! I mean, I think I prefer nude when worn on it's own, but overall I think golden beats it when layered with the cream highlighter! I just wish I knew what to do with that balm. I'll probably just use it as lip balm.

Prettypackages

I haven't played with mine yet, but I will say the packaging is NOT worth the price. I do wish the brush was a llittle bit firmer.
BUT, I'll still probably keep it. THe swatches on line look purty!!! LOL

I'm low-key wanting the Golden pigment now lol
Hoping the feeling passes

montREALady

I haven't played with mine yet, but I will say the packaging is NOT worth the price. I do wish the brush was a llittle bit firmer.

I think what is happening is people are thinking of it as a collector's item and looking for special packaging, but they were made for MUA's and their kits, so lightweight, easy to carry, etc. It's supposed to be "her backstage secret weapon" that she is now sharing with other artists and the world. Most artists switch their makeup into smaller, travel-friendly containers. We don't care about special packaging. But yes, for personal use, give me all the special packaging, so I totally get what you mean. I didn't buy this for my kit, I bought it for myself as I'm sure a lot of people did since it was sold at Sephora! Mine is still wrapped in the Sephora tissue paper! I haven't opened it.

Ingenue

I think what is happening is people are thinking of it as a collector's item and looking for special packaging, but they were made for MUA's and their kits, so lightweight, easy to carry, etc. It's supposed to be "her backstage secret weapon" that she is now sharing with other artists and the world. Most artists switch their makeup into smaller, travel-friendly containers. We don't care about special packaging. But yes, for personal use, give me all the special packaging, so I totally get what you mean. I didn't buy this for my kit, I bought it for myself as I'm sure a lot of people did since it was sold at Sephora! Mine is still wrapped in the Sephora tissue paper! I haven't opened it.

Oooooh I cannot get on board with this theory. As a practicing MUA for longer than I care to admit, this packaging is horrible and impractical. And most highly effective pro products that are not consumer ready still come in better, more practical packaging... meaning you can access it with one hand and interchange brushes and fingers seamlessly. The pro maquillage palette is nothing to look at, but damn if it's not one of the best makeup investments of my life because of quality, practicality and ease of use. And the packaging is still better because someone had the foresight to etch the brand (vs. stickers) on the case.

There isn't a valid excuse on the planet for that brush. Even ELF has etched brushes. Cheap, crooked, bubbly labels do not a pro product make. Honestly she could have spent less on those billion sequins and space saver packaging and invested in better packaging. The product QUALITY is on par with Becca, and Becca still wins the packaging war. This was attached to a name, hence the insane markup. And as one of the most respected names in the industry, she should have demanded better representation in physical product form.

And if it was a pro product, it should have been in pro stores. Not Sephora. I love and respect Ms. McGrath beyond words, but that doesn't mean she gets a pass for quarter-measures. Even Kevyn Aucoin (RIP. The reason I'm even an MUA in the first place) got it together when people started making noise.

GreenEyedAllie

I guess my thing is similar to one or two reviewers on Sephora. About $70 for the kit...what do you get? You get a generous amount of pigment (especially given how little you need to use), a Japanese brush, and a dual-ended highlighter/balm product. However much would you pay for a pigment? A Japanese (granted not Hakuhodo etc. quality but still)? A stick highlighter? A balm? My guess is individually more than $70 even. That said, I am also disappointed by the cheap and sloppy packaging.

Latest posts