Matte finish foundations

NauteeJo

Hi guys, I'm sure this question has been asked a ton of times and your all probably sick of answering it......but I need help! I have very, VERY (very) oily skin! I need a foundation that controls it! I'm not expecting miracles! A 12-18 hour wear foundation is just not ever going to be realistic for me! I'm not fussed with the cost, just want one that gets me thru a work day without turning me into a disco ball or caking. I have used Mac studio fix fluid, eater Lauder double wear, many drug store foundations, and the latest one I have settled for is hourglass immaculate. I always prime and powder. I have been using the hourglass mineral veil primer and also the UD b6 spray before that primer and the UD de-slick setting spray after my make up is complete. Any other foundations I should look into trying to help me out? Even with the hourglass immaculate, I only get about 4-5 hours before in a greaseball and need to blot etc

JmeM318

I have oily skin also and the best thing I have used so far is the Mac Pro Longwear Foundation (original) along with the blot powder. It keeps me shine free more than any thing else I have tried (and I have tried A LOT! lol) I use the smashbox photo finish light primer underneath.

NauteeJo

Currently I use the purity cleanser with a clarisonic at night, followed by the origins eye cream and night a mins oil free formula. In the mornings I use the Michael Todd honey and oat cleaner followed by the Michael Todd blue green algae toner. If I'm feeling a little dehydrated (all the matte foundations tend to give me flaky skin around my nose, mouth and cheeks) I add the Josie Maran light Argan oil.

shellygrrl

Staff member
If I'm feeling a little dehydrated (all the matte foundations tend to give me flaky skin around my nose, mouth and cheeks) I add the Josie Maran light Argan oil.
I would recommend using a proper moisturizer if you're going to use a matte foundation. CeraVe make some, and they're relatively inexpensive. Embryolisse Lait Crème Concentré is another good one. I think your skin is overproducing oil to compensate for lack of moisture, and that's why you're having trouble. Some matte foundations contain alcohol (typically alcohol denat). It's a safe ingredient to use, but it can dry out the skin, which can trigger it into overproducing oil. (Actually, you should be moisturizing day and night anyway, even if you use only your argan oil. Even oily skin needs moisturizing.) Another option is to use a mattifying primer (Becca make one with no alcohol) and a foundation that isn't matte. Try a satin finish instead. Exfoliating will sort out the dry patches.

NauteeJo

Thankyou for your advice!! I'll give it a try and fingers crossed! I'm 31 and still dealing with teenage problems of oily skin!! So awkward!

pinkcrush

For a cheap drugstore alternative try Fit Me Matte and Poreless. For under $10 it's pretty good although u will need to blot after 3 hours or so. Usually just my t-zone gets shiny so I just blot those areas and its good for another 2 hrs or so. By the 5th hour of wear an all over dusting of powder may be necessary. I like to use a powder brush and the matching pressed powder for that

NauteeJo

Thanks everyone! I actually tried the Maybelline and Loreal ones and wasn't really impressed They now sit in the back of the makeup stash! Luckily they aren't too expensive or I'd have cried! I've ordered Mac Pro longwear and also the Mac Pro set powder so we will see how I go with those!

MsKb

Chanel Perfection Lumiere! it's actually one of the most matte finishes i've ever tried on me

Sexy Sadie

Rimmels stay matte primer under your foundation will help you save your face 3-5 hours longer than without this primer.

Latest posts