Jeffree Star Cosmetics

rinacee

Sigh, I didn't like my Ice Cold highlighter. A) It highlighted pores/follicles on my cheeks that I didn't even know I had B) It looked like I literally rubbed grease on my face, it didn't even look like a nice glow, just looked oily and unclean :(
I wish it was more "powdery" and less "wet/greasy" feeling :( I've been able to make it work, but I need to be careful.

montREALady

Very, very busy! These palettes are giving me whiplash!

Craziness! We all know once July/August rolls around Holiday palettes start popping up!
Me too!

Has anyone gotten the palette yet? What are your thoughts?

Mine will be here Tuesday! Will keep y'all updated.
Good because I was going to order it but said I'd wait to hear from you girls. I went from wanting it badly when the pics first came out, to saying I have enough similar colors to wanting it again. It looks huge!

Sigh, I didn't like my Ice Cold highlighter. A) It highlighted pores/follicles on my cheeks that I didn't even know I had B) It looked like I literally rubbed grease on my face, it didn't even look like a nice glow, just looked oily and unclean :(

I wish it was more "powdery" and less "wet/greasy" feeling :( I've been able to make it work, but I need to be careful.
I can't wait to get home to see what PG is like. The reviews in here have been less than stellar. And the incident with the King Tut one arriving broken to most people. It's a spectacle on IG and apparently he's looking into why that particular color is having so many issues. So glad I held off on that one.

rinacee

Me too!

Good because I was going to order it but said I'd wait to hear from you girls. I went from wanting it badly when the pics first came out, to saying I have enough similar colors to wanting it again. It looks huge!

I can't wait to get home to see what PG is like. The reviews in here have been less than stellar. And the incident with the King Tut one arriving broken to most people. It's a spectacle on IG and apparently he's looking into why that particular color is having so many issues. So glad I held off on that one.
I like Ice Cold, but I don't love it. I think it is fun and it is definitely pigmented. But I think having the right brush and applying it by gradually building it up is the way to go. I think it is weird it has an almost Colourpop-ish texture. I did a video on it the other day, along with my liquid lipsticks from his line. Not sure if I am allowed to post them here? But anyways, I wish they had a more traditional texture. That was really the only issue I had! Ice Cold lasts all day on me and I love the compact--it is so sturdy. But it can look almost clumpy if it is applied heavily or not blended out thoroughly.

montREALady

I like Ice Cold, but I don't love it. I think it is fun and it is definitely pigmented. But I think having the right brush and applying it by gradually building it up is the way to go. I think it is weird it has an almost Colourpop-ish texture. I did a video on it the other day, along with my liquid lipsticks from his line. Not sure if I am allowed to post them here? But anyways, I wish they had a more traditional texture. That was really the only issue I had! Ice Cold lasts all day on me and I love the compact--it is so sturdy. But it can look almost clumpy if it is applied heavily or not blended out thoroughly.
I didn't know you did videos, put your links in your signature! For ColourPop I had to buy the Real Techniques Setting Brush to use with them so I'll just use that off the bat with PG.

GreenEyedAllie

I didn't know you did videos, put your links in your signature! For ColourPop I had to buy the Real Techniques Setting Brush to use with them so I'll just use that off the bat with PG.

That's what I'm using with PG, and I haven't had clumping/blending issues others have. The RT contour brush works, too, but I think the setting brush is actually best. I used it to wear PG today and really liked how it turned out.

rinacee

I just put the link in my sig! I just started. I don't have a super quality way of filming (yet! I just ordered a better camera for my European trip so it should improve) but I'm enjoying getting my opinions out there :)

rinacee

That's what I'm using with PG, and I haven't had clumping/blending issues others have. The RT contour brush works, too, but I think the setting brush is actually best. I used it to wear PG today and really liked how it turned out.
I'll have to try out these brushes. I've been thinking of getting the Morphe M 210 that Jeffree uses in his videos, but at the same time since Jeffree is collabing with them this summer I feel like he might just be trying to push them. I trust and love my RT brushes, so I'll look into these that you guys have been talking about :)

montREALady

I just put the link in my sig! I just started. I don't have a super quality way of filming (yet! I just ordered a better camera for my European trip so it should improve) but I'm enjoying getting my opinions out there :)

I saw in another post. I said hi and subscribed ;)

NaomiH

Me too!

I've gone through that same circle! I wanted it,then I didn't want it,then wanted it,back to not wanting it to needing it. Lol

NaomiH

I'll have to try out these brushes. I've been thinking of getting the Morphe M 210 that Jeffree uses in his videos, but at the same time since Jeffree is collabing with them this summer I feel like he might just be trying to push them. I trust and love my RT brushes, so I'll look into these that you guys have been talking about :)

I subscribed!

laurennnxox

Thank you so much <3

I'll be thinking about Rose Matter. I don't wear pinks very often, though!

ooooooh but I think Rose Matter would look so beautiful on you! :eek:

I'm def getting Mannequin. Unsure about Rose Matter. Might wait, and see what LE summer shades he has coming out.

montREALady

Peach Goddess is pretty swatched but I can't capture it in photo or video. I'll try it on my face tomorrow but I agree on it being somewhere in between a powder highlighter and ColourPop's consistency. Man is the pan huge!!

20160531_185601_wm.jpg

1464736952785_wm.jpg

[video=youtube;OXQ7qW5E0xs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQ7qW5E0xs[/video]

GreenEyedAllie

Does anyone have a comparison between JSC mattes and Dose of Colors'? Specifically, I'm curious about Gemini vs. Truffle. Any thoughts about the formulas and how they compare generally?

Latest posts