Jeffree Star Cosmetics

GreenEyedAllie

LC seemed to have learned their lesson. I don't follow their social media pages but I have not heard any drama concerning them in a looooonnnng time (long by social media standards lol). I must say though they have sales way more often than they did before - if they ever did before. So I only buy when there's a sale. It's like my way of saying "eff you" to them lol. I don't know what it is with JS though, I just don't take to him... I do want to try at least one of his lipsticks though and maybe that odd coloured highlighter he's bringing out. I'll be purchasing through Beautylish for sure though.

Yeah, I try to only buy through Beautylish, but one look at Gemini, and I knew I needed it. It does not disappoint for me. It's definitely dupable color-wise, but again, love this formula. Unicorn Blood is a great one to try if you like reds. Angrogyny is also gorgeous, but it's very skin tone-dependent.

Bubek07

thank you for the info ladies
im annoyed by jeffrees videos the pot smoking seems so forced like hes trying treally hard to be cool
im in love with masochist and doll parts from the moment i saw swatches so i will be getting them
i had lime crime beet it, apparently i got a bad batch because it was really sticky but a friend of mine like the shade so much so i gave it to her
so far out of all of the brands i like KVD most and her liquid lipstick formula is by far the best

ps does anyone have both kvd mother and js doll parts to swatch them for me?

Prettypackages

Same. I'm actually so surprised that SO MANY people love Jeffree. I feel like they love his sassy, doesn't give a sh** attitude, yet he's a really really mean person. Limecrime wasn't forgiven for her shenanigans, Gerard Cosmetics hasn't really been forgiven either, but Jeffree is allowed to behave like an ass because he's a cool, androgynous guy. Nah, no thanks. I've seen what he's said to people, calling them nasty names. He also used to post racist videos and do dumb crap on Youtube way back when. He rubs me the wrong way, so I'll also stick to my professional makeup companies who I can trust.
That's not cool. I get snarky, but when you are being an ass? NOt necessary, and I'm starting to get tired of this "boom" "drop the mic" culture. WHen did making a point turn into making insults or being an asshole?

Unfortunately, with professional companies, we'll never know how they really feel, but at least they aren't on youtube running their mouths.

Lipstickwh0re

Gemini looks more orange on me. It has a little brown in it but I'm actually surprised because I really love it. I was hoping that it would be a dupe for Riot and I'm actually pleased as it seems a shade lighter and that's fine with me based on online swatches.

Sometimes the things that Jeffree says sound out there and crazy to me. But, as far as the customer service of his company goes so far I always get a response to my emails and I always know what's going on because Jeffree continues to post on Instagram and be transparent. I love that. I definitely know about some of the racist things that he said in the past but As corny as it sounds everybody has to grow up and is young at one point or another. So we may do or say things we might not necessarily do if we were older.

I do sometimes feel like some of his persona is taken from black women but I think that that's the general problem most drag queens even though he himself does not identify as one.

I saw someone mention that they don't appreciate his constant pot smoking. I totally understand not everyone is going to agree with someone who runs a company doing something they may not like or agree with him that he actually Smokes weed for his anxiety. If you follow him on YouTube there is a video where he explains it I just can't remember the name of it. I also feel like popular people on my make up companies tend to do things that everybody Can possibly be mad about. It's bound to happen. KVD said that people who eat meat are worse than the guy who killed Cecil the lion. I've never tried her brand before but her saying that wouldn't stop me because me eating meat has nothing to do with me liking makeup

Bubek07

I saw someone mention that they don't appreciate his constant pot smoking. I totally understand not everyone is going to agree with someone who runs a company doing something they may not like or agree with him that he actually Smokes weed for his anxiety. If you follow him on YouTube there is a video where he explains it I just can't remember the name of it. I also feel like popular people on my make up companies tend to do things that everybody Can possibly be mad about. It's bound to happen. KVD said that people who eat meat are worse than the guy who killed Cecil the lion. I've never tried her brand before but her saying that wouldn't stop me because me eating meat has nothing to do with me liking makeup

i don't mind or dislike him smoking, his choice to be fair
but when i watch his videos it looks to me like hes forcing it, that kind the annoying part to me

and i agree with you on the KVD thing
everyone has a right to have an opinion and people will be offended by them if voiced because we dont all have same opinions

KGeezy

So I ended up getting doll parts and gemini thru Jeffrees site . I was placing my order on Beautylish but Gemini sold out as I was checking out, blahhh

Last edited:

montREALady

So I ended up getting doll parts and gemini thru Jeffrees site . I was placing my order on Beautylish but Gemini sold out as I was checking out, blahhh

Why am I not hyped for Gemini? Someone made a dupe with some ColourPop colors. Frick & Frack and Instigator.

KGeezy

Why am I not hyped for Gemini? Someone made a dupe with some ColourPop colors. Frick & Frack and Instigator.

tbh I'm not that crazy for it either, I have dupes for it as well but I love Jefree's formula so much that I figured I might as well get it . Also I just wanted an excuse for a little retail therapy lol, it's been a hell of a week

montREALady

tbh I'm not that crazy for it either, I have dupes for it as well but I love Jefree's formula so much that I figured I might as well get it . Also I just wanted an excuse for a little retail therapy lol, it's been a hell of a week

Girl you deserve it! I was just wondering what I was missing! I ran straight for Scorpio when they launched! LOL. I like the formula, actually I like the applicator more. What are you comparing it to that you like it so much?

Mixxi

Ordered Doll Parts yesterday on Beautylish and it's shipped already. My order for scorpio and Gemini etc on jefree's website only just shipped.

Mixxi

:scream: (lmao this smiley, I can't)

I NEED THESE! I don't even know the colors but... yesss.

YES ABSOLUTE NECESSITY!!! Haha. I love watermelon <3 and that yellow packaging is gorgeous. I just hope JS sorts out his stock level so these don't sell out in 2 seconds.

Latest posts