Jeffree Star Cosmetics

montREALady

So, I am sadly not really impressed with PG. :( I don't know. It is definitely not as metallic as I was hoping. It's also barely a highlight on me, as in... Leaves a pink streak on my face (even blended out well) from certain angles and in certain lighting. I usually do not have problems with pores being emphasized, and I love to lather in highlighter, but I think this does emphasize them a tiny bit. I should have gone with my gut and got Ice Cold. But, PG took a lot of building up and blending the edges if that makes sense. Maybe I'll try it with other brushes or mixing with some Becca Pearl to lighten it. I'll run outside to try and take a quick photo.

ETA: I took a bunch of photos but will add them in a little bit, I'm having trouble uploading from the iPad, and my computer is at my boyfriends. When I head over there in a bit, I'll upload!

My PG came in today. Tbh I'm just a tad bit underwhelmed, I thought it would be more shimmery but it's still has an awesome glow nonetheless. I swatched it with my finger straight from the pan. Took some quick pics, not the best but my daughter wanted to get to the ice cream truck before it left, lmao !

View attachment 54441 View attachment 54442 View attachment 54443
Nooooooo, I guess I'll see on Tuesday evening. I'm hoping on my darker skin it will look different. I remember it looking good on JS's assistant when she wore it and that's what made me want it. I don't want too much shimmer though that's for sure. Lauren it will probably look good as a blush on you? I'm glad I only got one to try first before going nuts.

GreenEyedAllie

Agreed. And calling what he thought was a negative video slander is a little off the deep end. Also, I think people who call others pathetic are just mean. The poor kid in the video said he loves JS and that JS was so nice when he met him....ha!
So careful ladies, don't say you don't like your highlighters or JS will sue you for slander, lol!

That makes me so flipping sad and mad, especially on top of the racism and misogyny. The poor kid had his idol go after him like that? SMH. :mad:

Here are some swatch photos of PG! I concur with the "wet" feeling. It swatches kinda.. clumpy? I don't know how to explain. Not powdery or dry or chunky glitter but like clumps of the product come off the pan and you have to blend it out and it's like intense pigment.

(UGH why are these sideways!?)

View attachment 54446
blended out, direct sunlight.

View attachment 54447
Direct sunlight, top swatch is one swipe, bottom is 3-4 swipes.

View attachment 54448
Direct sunlight, different angle. So you can see how pigmented and pink it is. This was what I was referring to earlier by a "pink stripe" on my face. :/ I have to blend it out a lot to get it to work as a highlight.

View attachment 54449
Natural light, shade.

View attachment 54450
Natural light, shade. Different angle. Almost looks like it could be a luminous blush here. lol.

Funny. Even though things look similar on us, PG did not look like this on me. I was actually disappointed it wasn't more pink, so definitely try the RT brushes to tone it down.

Dreaming Dancer

I said earlier my brush I use is a Mac 130 but that's wrong. It's a 188. The numbers are scratched off some bc I use it so much. I knew that didn't sound right. Lol

laurennnxox

That makes me so flipping sad and mad, especially on top of the racism and misogyny. The poor kid had his idol go after him like that? SMH. :mad:

Funny. Even though things look similar on us, PG did not look like this on me. I was actually disappointed it wasn't more pink, so definitely try the RT brushes to tone it down.

Interesting! Maybe it's our undertones in this case? It's super pink on me for sure. It's pretty but not light enough to highlight with. I'll play around with brushes for sure! :)

rinacee

So, I am sadly not really impressed with PG. :( I don't know. It is definitely not as metallic as I was hoping. It's also barely a highlight on me, as in... Leaves a pink streak on my face (even blended out well) from certain angles and in certain lighting. I usually do not have problems with pores being emphasized, and I love to lather in highlighter, but I think this does emphasize them a tiny bit. I should have gone with my gut and got Ice Cold. But, PG took a lot of building up and blending the edges if that makes sense. Maybe I'll try it with other brushes or mixing with some Becca Pearl to lighten it. I'll run outside to try and take a quick photo.

ETA: I took a bunch of photos but will add them in a little bit, I'm having trouble uploading from the iPad, and my computer is at my boyfriends. When I head over there in a bit, I'll upload!
That's disappointing :( I guess I won't be getting PG ever now. I am liking Ice Cold, but anything darker is probably too much.
I swatched mint condition today. The highlighter feels as if it's wet (obviously not), so it ended up coming up with a clump or two which made it difficult to blend out. Didn't try with a brush though, but sounds similar to what you ran into with the peach one. I really had to blend to get the swatch photo and from different angles you could see uneven application.

View attachment 54438 View attachment 54439
I totally agree on the "wetness". My Ice Cold almost feels like a Colourpop shadow. I use a stippling brush because I find it can be a bit clumpy. It blends out well with that brush though.

rinacee

In other news, my Beauty Killer palette is still in "pre-shipment"! Agh! Hurry up, I am so antsy! They've already been restocked and that's as far as mine's gotten :(

rinacee

Just sent an e-mail. It will be my first time ever dealing with JSC customer service (and I've ordered about six times from him directly!). We'll see. I normally wouldn't be too worried, but seeing others already receiving their stuff worries me. I don't want it to get lost in the shuffle since there was the restock of the palette today. Maybe I'm just paranoid!

laurennnxox

Just sent an e-mail. It will be my first time ever dealing with JSC customer service (and I've ordered about six times from him directly!). We'll see. I normally wouldn't be too worried, but seeing others already receiving their stuff worries me. I don't want it to get lost in the shuffle since there was the restock of the palette today. Maybe I'm just paranoid!

No, I think you have done the right thing! And I would have too. It should have been shipped out before a re-stock IMO, because then he's going to get flooded with more orders and where is yours going to go? Get mixed in? Get lost? I'm sure it'll all work out, but yeah. I'd send them a little email reminder like you did. :)

v0ltagekid

I'll try that brush. I used the anastasia highlighting brush for peach goddess today and it was hard to blend, I had to go in with my beauty blender to blend it better.
I wish he sold a brush for these :)

rinacee

No, I think you have done the right thing! And I would have too. It should have been shipped out before a re-stock IMO, because then he's going to get flooded with more orders and where is yours going to go? Get mixed in? Get lost? I'm sure it'll all work out, but yeah. I'd send them a little email reminder like you did. :)
Okay, good! I feel better after that pep talk, haha! I just think it is strange that orders are still at the warehouse and yet they are getting a huge flood of new orders for the same product. When I ordered my Ice Cold during the pre-release I got a shipping notification that night and it moved right away. I got it on Monday after it shipping out Saturday! So I am a tad perplexed, haha.

rinacee

I'll try that brush. I used the anastasia highlighting brush for peach goddess today and it was hard to blend, I had to go in with my beauty blender to blend it better.
I wish he sold a brush for these :)
I use my ELF small stipple brush and it actually works really well. I know the brush he uses in tutorials is the Morphe M 510, which looks like it works nicely. But definitely experiment a bit with the brushes you have.

ellemarie

Do you guys think Makeup Monsters, Dose of Colors, and Jefree have the same manufacturer? The bottles look the same.

I know all the tubes are the same design, but I don't know if they come from the same factory. Wouldn't be surprised. Of the three brands, I think Jeffree's is the most difficult to deal with and the lowest quality. Makeup Monsters is cheaper and usually restocks quickly. They just did a BOGO sale (which I missed by a few minutes), and they have a 10% discount code for all first-time customers. DoC goes out of stock on stuff, but it usually stays in stock for a while when it comes back. I actually believe they have limited quantities whereas I think JSC makes small amounts available to drive hype with fast sellouts.

Kaidan

Just read Jefree got into it with SHayla last week. SO much so Colourpop had to come to her defense? He threatened to beat her ass? I know I'm late but did y'all see this?
I saw a lot of his back story, N word comments, friends who dressed in black face... I can't support him. I can't... I refuse. I'm even tempted to start finding the makeup brands that support these gurus and writing them to boycott them. It's gone too far.

He is just a HOT mess! I keep trying to find a reason to ignore who he is and pull the trigger and order one of his products but he just keeps doing this bull! Whatever Limecrime did as far as Doe Deer is concerned, his company needs to do with him. As someone earlier noted, trends come and go and his time won't last long if he carries on in the way he has been.

I heard about the Shayla thing a couple of days ago and yeah, he did threaten to beat her ass. I also found stuff about his racist, messy comments and questionable friends. I ordered from him before I read about the Shayla thing and even though I enjoy the products I got, I don't want to buy from him again. I contemplated the highlighters, but I can't really do it in good faith. It's a weird thing because I have bought from KVD and she isn't much better, let me tell ya. Is it too hard to ask for these people to be halfway decent human beings?
I know a lot of people don't like Kylie Jenner (I don't either), but JS came for her, too and more than once. A grown man coming after a teenager and it was overly harsh. He seems to be petty and miserable and I think I've had my fill.

Anyone who knew of Jeffree "****" Star during the MySpace, Stickam, and scene days has knowledge of what a mess and how nasty he is. He was at his worst when Stickam existed and the during the Scene scene back in the late 00's. He kinda slowed down to irrelevancy around 2012 but I guess he's back in full force and going to his old ways thanks to Instagram and his makeup line.

His worst insults are ALWAYS directed at women. People used to let his shit slide because he would seek attention and/or say things for shock value but he crossed the line years ago.

NaomiH

Wore PG today and I really liked it, it blended in well and had a really nice amount of sparkle and it's really pigmented so I'll have to remember to use a lighter hand. . I think I'll reach for it pretty often. I applied it with my MAC 159.

rinacee

Wore PG today and I really liked it, it blended in well and had a really nice amount of sparkle and it's really pigmented so I'll have to remember to use a lighter hand. . I think I'll reach for it pretty often. I applied it with my MAC 159.
Glad to hear you enjoy it!

Latest posts