Jeffree Star Cosmetics

GreenEyedAllie

The very first launch day of each? My Scorpio shipped that same day and I got it a few days later. So weird. Just checked, my package arrived at the Santa Clarita USPS facility 3hrs ago.

Yeah. I ordered Gemini the moment it appeared because I was randomly refreshing the page.

rinacee

The very first launch day of each? My Scorpio shipped that same day and I got it a few days later. So weird. Just checked, my package arrived at the Santa Clarita USPS facility 3hrs ago.

Yeah. I ordered Gemini the moment it appeared because I was randomly refreshing the page.
Yes! The very first day it went up. My order shipped about three-four hours ago, but only has tracking and hasn't been picked up. Progress, I guess.

laurennnxox

Wow! That's crazy re his order fulfillments and behavior.

Luckily, Rose Matter & Mannequin are coming through BL on 6/8, so I'll definitely be ordering through there. I never have a problem, plus I have their app and I love their quick/free shipping. I've decided to definitely skip Beauty Killer Palette this re-release. Nobody has theirs yet for swatches and opinions so I'll keep biding my time.

On a positive note, my PG will be here tonight! I get so antsy on delivery days because Fedex and UPS come SOOO late to my house. I usually never get pictures and swatches in good light and have to wait for the next day :/

rinacee

Wow! That's crazy re his order fulfillments and behavior.

Luckily, Rose Matter & Mannequin are coming through BL on 6/8, so I'll definitely be ordering through there. I never have a problem, plus I have their app and I love their quick/free shipping. I've decided to definitely skip Beauty Killer Palette this re-release. Nobody has theirs yet for swatches and opinions so I'll keep biding my time.

On a positive note, my PG will be here tonight! I get so antsy on delivery days because Fedex and UPS come SOOO late to my house. I usually never get pictures and swatches in good light and have to wait for the next day :/
My UPS and FedEx also come super late so I never get good swatches either. Can't wait to see them regardless.
And I should have my palette next week, hopefully. It shipped last night. You'll have plenty of time to decide; it seems like he'll be restocking frequently :) It is a very dupeable palette.

laurennnxox

My UPS and FedEx also come super late so I never get good swatches either. Can't wait to see them regardless.
And I should have my palette next week, hopefully. It shipped last night. You'll have plenty of time to decide; it seems like he'll be restocking frequently :) It is a very dupeable palette.
Surprisingly, my FEDEX guy came at 10am. Lol I was out of the house until now so I just opened up the package.

I hope you like the palette! They're dupable definitely but I'm curious about the formula. I can't wait to see more swatches. Yes, one thing he seems to be good about is restocking and keeping us updated.

laurennnxox

So, I am sadly not really impressed with PG. :( I don't know. It is definitely not as metallic as I was hoping. It's also barely a highlight on me, as in... Leaves a pink streak on my face (even blended out well) from certain angles and in certain lighting. I usually do not have problems with pores being emphasized, and I love to lather in highlighter, but I think this does emphasize them a tiny bit. I should have gone with my gut and got Ice Cold. But, PG took a lot of building up and blending the edges if that makes sense. Maybe I'll try it with other brushes or mixing with some Becca Pearl to lighten it. I'll run outside to try and take a quick photo.

ETA: I took a bunch of photos but will add them in a little bit, I'm having trouble uploading from the iPad, and my computer is at my boyfriends. When I head over there in a bit, I'll upload!

Last edited:

boschicka

So, I am sadly not really impressed with PG. :( I don't know. It is definitely not as metallic as I was hoping. It's also barely a highlight on me, as in... Leaves a pink streak on my face (even blended out well) from certain angles and in certain lighting. I usually do not have problems with pores being emphasized, and I love to lather in highlighter, but I think this does emphasize them a tiny bit. I should have gone with my gut and got Ice Cold. But, PG took a lot of building up and blending the edges if that makes sense. Maybe I'll try it with other brushes or mixing with some Becca Pearl to lighten it. I'll run outside to try and take a quick photo.

ETA: I took a bunch of photos but will add them in a little bit, I'm having trouble uploading from the iPad, and my computer is at my boyfriends. When I head over there in a bit, I'll upload!

I swatched mint condition today. The highlighter feels as if it's wet (obviously not), so it ended up coming up with a clump or two which made it difficult to blend out. Didn't try with a brush though, but sounds similar to what you ran into with the peach one. I really had to blend to get the swatch photo and from different angles you could see uneven application.

20160527_175657.jpeg 20160527_175739.jpeg

KGeezy

My PG came in today. Tbh I'm just a tad bit underwhelmed, I thought it would be more shimmery but it's still has an awesome glow nonetheless. I swatched it with my finger straight from the pan. Took some quick pics, not the best but my daughter wanted to get to the ice cream truck before it left, lmao !

IMG_1879.jpg IMG_1877.jpg View attachment 54443

laurennnxox

I'll have to upload my photos tomorrow. I had a 1.5 hour long debacle with Sephora CS, and now I am rushing out the door to a birthday dinner!

I agree about PG, though, KGeezy. I'm underwhelmed too.

GreenEyedAllie

I swatched mint condition today. The highlighter feels as if it's wet (obviously not), so it ended up coming up with a clump or two which made it difficult to blend out. Didn't try with a brush though, but sounds similar to what you ran into with the peach one. I really had to blend to get the swatch photo and from different angles you could see uneven application.

View attachment 54438 View attachment 54439

My PG came in today. Tbh I'm just a tad bit underwhelmed, I thought it would be more shimmery but it's still has an awesome glow nonetheless. I swatched it with my finger straight from the pan. Took some quick pics, not the best but my daughter wanted to get to the ice cream truck before it left, lmao !

View attachment 54441 View attachment 54442 View attachment 54443

LOL. Add me to the unimpressed train. Super happy I didn't cave on the bundle. PG is pretty, but I agree about pores when you build it up. It is hella big. I think I like it enough to keep but not enough to buy more. I'll stick to his liquid lips.

Lauren, I used a Real Techniques setting or contour brush to good effect. Did not need to work to build it up. Blending was meh.

GreenEyedAllie

In other news, did you all see JS attacked someone for their YT video about his highlighter breaking?!?

http://www.justinj1232.com/not-so-fast-jeffree-star-clapsback-at-youtube-vlogger-for-makeup-review/

SMH. No, I hadn't. To be absolutely fair, he has had one hell of a week. But that said, he is the head and face of a company, so he needs to keep himself under control, or his company won't make it the distance. A little bit of attitude and controversy can be great PR and differentiate the brand, but a constant mess can pull it under real quick.

NaomiH

Got my PG and RB lip scrub today. The pan is huge! Lol
I only swatched the powder with my finger and it seemed to be pretty smooth. I'm going to wear it tomorrow and see how it fairs on my face during the day. That lip scrub tastes so good that I almost want to eat it. Lol

laurennnxox

LOL. Add me to the unimpressed train. Super happy I didn't cave on the bundle. PG is pretty, but I agree about pores when you build it up. It is hella big. I think I like it enough to keep but not enough to buy more. I'll stick to his liquid lips.

Lauren, I used a Real Techniques setting or contour brush to good effect. Did not need to work to build it up. Blending was meh.

Hmm, I'll have to try one of my RT brushes! Thanks.

Yeah, it's just alright. I don't think I'll get another unless a color absolutely moves me, which I doubt. I appreciate the enormous pans for the money. But I'll never go through it in a million years. I re-did my base makeup before going out to dinner and applied it. I was careful to blend out the edges, and in most indoor lighting and at night it seemed to work. I don't know how it'll be in daylight though. Might be too pink for me.

boschicka

boschicka

SMH. No, I hadn't. To be absolutely fair, he has had one hell of a week. But that said, he is the head and face of a company, so he needs to keep himself under control, or his company won't make it the distance. A little bit of attitude and controversy can be great PR and differentiate the brand, but a constant mess can pull it under real quick.

Agreed. And calling what he thought was a negative video slander is a little off the deep end. Also, I think people who call others pathetic are just mean. The poor kid in the video said he loves JS and that JS was so nice when he met him....ha!
So careful ladies, don't say you don't like your highlighters or JS will sue you for slander, lol!

Last edited:

laurennnxox

Here are some swatch photos of PG! I concur with the "wet" feeling. It swatches kinda.. clumpy? I don't know how to explain. Not powdery or dry or chunky glitter but like clumps of the product come off the pan and you have to blend it out and it's like intense pigment.

(UGH why are these sideways!?)

IMG_7897.jpg
blended out, direct sunlight.

IMG_7888.jpg
Direct sunlight, top swatch is one swipe, bottom is 3-4 swipes.

IMG_7889.jpg
Direct sunlight, different angle. So you can see how pigmented and pink it is. This was what I was referring to earlier by a "pink stripe" on my face. :/ I have to blend it out a lot to get it to work as a highlight.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Natural light, shade.

View attachment 54450
Natural light, shade. Different angle. Almost looks like it could be a luminous blush here. lol.

Dreaming Dancer

I got my Peach Goddess and wore it today and I love it. It may be my favorite highlighter to date. I'm nw30-nw33 and it really looks great and lasted all day on me. I had no issue blending it out. So sorry to hear you all are underwhelmed. I'm in love with it. I actually felt it didn't emphasize my pores as much as some other ones do.

boschicka

Here are some swatch photos of PG! I concur with the "wet" feeling. It swatches kinda.. clumpy? I don't know how to explain. Not powdery or dry or chunky glitter but like clumps of the product come off the pan and you have to blend it out and it's like intense pigment.

Yes, definitely clumpy when swatched. I thought it would be better with a brush, but it's just so thick, it still went on weird. A little better but still odd.

boschicka

I got my Peach Goddess and wore it today and I love it. It may be my favorite highlighter to date. I'm nw30-nw33 and it really looks great and lasted all day on me. I had no issue blending it out. So sorry to hear you all are underwhelmed. I'm in love with it. I actually felt it didn't emphasize my pores as much as some other ones do.

That's awesome. Which brush did you use to apply it?

Latest posts