Jeffree Star Cosmetics

GreenEyedAllie

JSC debuted a video showing his new 5 LE shades for summer. 4 new ones, and brought back 714. (714 is the only unscented one. He said it messed with the formula too much.)

I'm kind of disappointed-- I don't really think I like any of them. :( But I'm dying over the yellow caps and jolly rancher scent. The hot pink looks most wearable to me, so I might get it for packaging sake. I do have Pinky Promise from DOC which is in your face hot pink and I like it once in a blue moon.

Anyway here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdu0B0WeOok

none of them are for me either way too much

I don't like any of them enough to purchase. And that yellow....:rolleyes:

I'm debating the Watermelon one or the peachy nude because I want a jolly rancher scent.

laurennnxox

I'm debating the Watermelon one or the peachy nude because I want a jolly rancher scent.

When he described the peachy nude as "mac and cheese nude" I instantly cringed and got turned off to it. I just don't know how I'd like it on me.

I'm sooorrrrrrrrt of considering Virginity. I wish I could see more swatches before they're released.

GreenEyedAllie

When he described the peachy nude as "mac and cheese nude" I instantly cringed and got turned off to it. I just don't know how I'd like it on me.

I'm sooorrrrrrrrt of considering Virginity. I wish I could see more swatches before they're released.

I was thinking about Virginity until I saw the video....the white base looks super strong with that one.

Happy 4th!!!

NaomiH

JSC debuted a video showing his new 5 LE shades for summer. 4 new ones, and brought back 714. (714 is the only unscented one. He said it messed with the formula too much.)

I'm kind of disappointed-- I don't really think I like any of them. :( But I'm dying over the yellow caps and jolly rancher scent. The hot pink looks most wearable to me, so I might get it for packaging sake. I do have Pinky Promise from DOC which is in your face hot pink and I like it once in a blue moon.

Anyway here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdu0B0WeOok

I was liking Watermelon Soda,so I'll probably get that one. Everything else is a NO,especially that yellow.

brunettespylove

I like the watermelon shade but i cant see myself grabbing for it, the rest are a def no. Considering the formula for RM im hesitant to jump on new shades but i am glad i don't like any of the summer ones. I was intrigued by the scent but really wish it was just a light vanilla or no scent at all. I love gemini but the root beer scent is off putting

GreenEyedAllie

I like the watermelon and peach. Someone find me some dupes please!!! LOL

@colourpopcult on IG had a post with dupes for the watermelon one. Just click on her profile to see it since it's a few days old. Honestly, I find her to be a pretty fun account to follow for the most part. Last night got real, though.

GreenEyedAllie

Uh oh got real how?

NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING. PM me if you want to continue discussion. She had a political post (which she pretty much never does) supporting BLM, and both sides got heated. She allowed conversation without deleting/banning people, but respectfully held her ground against the ALM crowd. It did make me proud to support her account.

To take it back to CP, anyone who hasn't gotten Jamie King X CP stuff NEEDS to. The products are fantastic and work well on both fair and deep complexions. At least I think MontREAL looked great in it! They go away 7/17 or as they sell out.

Prettypackages

Thanks babe, I appreciate the breakdown. I saw that and followed her right away.

OK, Jamie King it is... Maybe this will be my first CP order? LOL

MaryJane

Jeffree Star products have never been on my radar but, now that I've seen his rants on Snapchat, Twitter, etc, they never will be. He could put out the best product ever and I still wouldn't give him a dime of my money.

It blows my mind that any decent human being, much less the owner of a company, would act this way. Sorry if this is off topic.

fur4elise

[video=youtube;wzu5NzgxNwg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzu5NzgxNwg&t=17s[/video]

Breaking News! KVD v. Jeffree Star

boschicka

[video=youtube;wzu5NzgxNwg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzu5NzgxNwg&t=17s[/video]

Breaking News! KVD v. Jeffree Star

I'm definitely not a fan of JS and he's not getting any more of my money, but sakes, I can't handle her stunted way of speaking. And my favorite part was "That's not cool, man." I was expecting something a little more eloquent. :roflmao:

fur4elise

I'm definitely not a fan of JS and he's not getting any more of my money, but sakes, I can't handle her stunted way of speaking. And my favorite part was "That's not cool, man." I was expecting something a little more eloquent. :roflmao:

LOL! I hear you on her way of talking...perhaps it's because it was off the cuff and not scripted. It comes across as genuine.

Even though many ladies luurv his lippies, I never took the bait (same with Kylie whatshername!). Something about him is just off to me. Through in his "racist" and rank behavior over the years, I clearly steered clear of his brand because of that. And as one working artist to another, it is completely FOUL to not pay an artist for their talent and time! And there he is not giving credit where credit is due and making bank on someone else's work. Color me unimpressed!

Prettypackages

OMG Yes! Can I gt the cliff notes, I can't watch it all. LOL

Prettypackages

LOL! I hear you on her way of talking...perhaps it's because it was off the cuff and not scripted. It comes across as genuine.

Even though many ladies luurv his lippies, I never took the bait (same with Kylie whatshername!). Something about him is just off to me. Through in his "racist" and rank behavior over the years, I clearly steered clear of his brand because of that. And as one working artist to another, it is completely FOUL to not pay an artist for their talent and time! And there he is not giving credit where credit is due and making bank on someone else's work. Color me unimpressed!

wait? what happened? ok, I watched. now what prompted all of this.

There has been some controversy with Kat too.

Surgery has done JS some good. I know, that was petty.

Last edited:

fur4elise

wait? what happened? ok, I watched. now what prompted all of this.
There has been some controversy with Kat too. Surgery has done JS some good. I know, that was petty.
I was referring to the artist who designed JS graphics/logo. JS has not paid the artist, in fact ignored phone calls and ultimately blocked both him and I believe Kat. Come on! It is not easy making a living as an artist and of all people JS should know this!

Latest posts