Jeffree Star Cosmetics

Prettypackages

Gemini looks more orange on me. It has a little brown in it but I'm actually surprised because I really love it. I was hoping that it would be a dupe for Riot and I'm actually pleased as it seems a shade lighter and that's fine with me based on online swatches.

Sometimes the things that Jeffree says sound out there and crazy to me. But, as far as the customer service of his company goes so far I always get a response to my emails and I always know what's going on because Jeffree continues to post on Instagram and be transparent. I love that. I definitely know about some of the racist things that he said in the past but As corny as it sounds everybody has to grow up and is young at one point or another. So we may do or say things we might not necessarily do if we were older.

I do sometimes feel like some of his persona is taken from black women but I think that that's the general problem most drag queens even though he himself does not identify as one.

I saw someone mention that they don't appreciate his constant pot smoking. I totally understand not everyone is going to agree with someone who runs a company doing something they may not like or agree with him that he actually Smokes weed for his anxiety. If you follow him on YouTube there is a video where he explains it I just can't remember the name of it. I also feel like popular people on my make up companies tend to do things that everybody Can possibly be mad about. It's bound to happen. KVD said that people who eat meat are worse than the guy who killed Cecil the lion. I've never tried her brand before but her saying that wouldn't stop me because me eating meat has nothing to do with me liking makeup
I hate the stereotypical black girl sassy attitude that gay men and drag queens portray. I've even had some approach me like that. I just pause. It's offensive, not a compliment. But that's a whole nother issue. Still wary of buying from these independent beauty sellers.

KVD's comment sounds stupid to me, but I don't really buy her stuff.

I couldn't care less about Jeffree's pot smoking though.

GreenEyedAllie

Wow, those are close! I can see RB is just a TEENSY bit darker without the shimmer of HHH. Since I have HHH,this might have to be a skip.

RB is supposed to have glitter/shimmer, too based on a video I saw. I guess just not as much. I have HHH and will be skipping RB.

laurennnxox

Gave in and ordered Gemini today on the restock from BL. Even though I have a million shades like it, (Lolita 1&2, Double Dare, etc. etc.) But this formula is just too bomb! I can't wait for mannequin from his new launch in a few weeks (months?)

I'm not feeling the palette too much, but DAMN I need Ice Cold! So excited for that!

montREALady

Gave in and ordered Gemini today on the restock from BL. Even though I have a million shades like it, (Lolita 1&2, Double Dare, etc. etc.) But this formula is just too bomb! I can't wait for mannequin from his new launch in a few weeks (months?)

I'm not feeling the palette too much, but DAMN I need Ice Cold! So excited for that!

I saw a comparison with Lolita and it didn't look similar to me, loll. I got Lolita at The Makeup Show a couple weeks ago finally, 30% off was just right for me to do that. Ha! I can't wait for Rose Matter, that looks so pretty for the summer. It was supposed to release since April! Since the highlighters are launching on the same day I may pass on the e/s palette and just get the peach highlighter. I want it because the colors are pretty and the pan sizes big, but I don't need another palette...or highlighter for that matter, lolll. I'll just shut up. And Becca/Jaclyn palette launches the next day. This is too much makeup.

laurennnxox

I saw a comparison with Lolita and it didn't look similar to me, loll. I got Lolita at The Makeup Show a couple weeks ago finally, 30% off was just right for me to do that. Ha! I can't wait for Rose Matter, that looks so pretty for the summer. It was supposed to release since April! Since the highlighters are launching on the same day I may pass on the e/s palette and just get the peach highlighter. I want it because the colors are pretty and the pan sizes big, but I don't need another palette...or highlighter for that matter, lolll. I'll just shut up. And Becca/Jaclyn palette launches the next day. This is too much makeup.

I hope they look different enough on me! :) Gemini will be delivered tomorrow. Damn, I love BL's fast shipping.

and YES that Jaclyn Hill palette. I MUST HAVE. I might... might.. even pass up on Ice Cold for now and get her face palette instead. I'm not all that convinced the Ice Cold is much different than Becca's Pearl and I have that in my Champagne Glow Trio highlight palette and I don't reach for it as much as champagne pop.

montREALady

I hope they look different enough on me! :) Gemini will be delivered tomorrow. Damn, I love BL's fast shipping.

and YES that Jaclyn Hill palette. I MUST HAVE. I might... might.. even pass up on Ice Cold for now and get her face palette instead. I'm not all that convinced the Ice Cold is much different than Becca's Pearl and I have that in my Champagne Glow Trio highlight palette and I don't reach for it as much as champagne pop.
I was going to place this order with BL but I left my desk for a minute and it was gone like 2 mins after it launched. Which I didn't realize, I thought they didn't put it up yet, then realized Celebrity Skin was stocked so Gemini must have sold out. Anyway, I just got Gemini on the JS website. It shipped too but from Cali to NYC takes longer.

My issue with the JH palette is I don't reach for Champagne Pop. I was never a huge fan, not sure why, maybe it's too cool for my skintone, I dunno. Since getting Dupethat x Ofra's You Glow Girl, I reach for that more than Pearl.

KGeezy

I'm excited for the skin frosts but I think King Tut would be the only one that works for my skin tone . I loveeee Peach Goddess but I think it's gonna look ashy on me

Latest posts