Need cosmetic advice for medical situation

jbrock183

RE: how to conceal AK treatment by jbrock183 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 07:18 PM I have 5 more days to complete my current Efudex treatment. I'm at a point in my life where I can stay indorrs during treatment and the healing process. Except, I have a meeting that I am required to attend next week and I do not want to show up looking like a burn victim. I'm a male, and not familliar with makeup, but I will need to bite the bullet and try something to cover the redness in my face. I have fair skin, but I am not so fair that going with the lightest shade would look natural. Also, I don't want to look like I'm covered in make-up. Finally, I'm concerned about the effect of putting the chemicals included in make-up on raw and sensitive skin. I've heard there is a mineral based powder that I can use that would (a) cover the red and slightly raw patches, that (b) match my skin tone and won't look unnatural, and (c) would be safe to apply to red and slightly raw patches. Do I need a foundation and a powder? It would be great to find one single product that will give me a natural skin tone and eliminate any health related concerns. Thanks, jbrock183

shellygrrl

Staff member
Everything in cosmetics -- including powder products -- is a chemical. It is the dose that makes the poison, not the ingredients themselves. I personally don't recommend powder foundations of any kind, unless you've got near-flawless skin. IMO, they don't provide near enough coverage as liquid or cream foundations. There are also a handful of mineral foundations that contain an ingredient called bismuth oxychloride, which can irritate the skin. That's probably the last thing you want when trying to cover redness. I would recommend looking into Cover FX. The line was created to help cover skin conditions (e.g., rosacea, vitiligo) without using any known irritants, so would suit sensitive skin as well. They have cream, liquid, and powder options.

Latest posts